• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Keegan walks (again)

FFC Mariner

Rumours all over the UK web sites that Keegan has walked out on Newcastle leaving that odious little shit Wise in charge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

From a MB

Markets on the first Premier League boss to leave his post this season have been withdrawn by many bookies after Keegan's odds tumbled. Sky Bet's DALE TEMPEST said: "The rumour mill in the north-east is working overtime and the money has followed accordingly. "The transfer deadline was simply a disaster for Newcastle, with no significant purchases, and we wait to see what Keegan's response is." Dennis Wise, the executive director (football) at St James' Park, has already been installed as 4/1 favourite to take over as Magpies manager. Keegan is reported - by the Daily Mail - to have been 'called into a 2pm meeting on Monday which club insiders described as 'very important but not related to transfer business' and it is believed a heated discussion took place, with managing director Derek Llambias making it clear they were not happy'

Arabmariner

Reminds me of an old ballad we used to sing at Hampden and Wembley.......

Kevin Keegan's illegitimate
He's an English b*****d!!!

;D

Became Bryan Robson later.

bulldogmariner

Sad Sad Sad day for Newcastle. If It is true and the King has left Mike Ashley better start running with him because the Toon fans will Boycott the Club. Newcastle was talking to the new owners of City but the Greedy Greedy Ashley wanted more money and hence they went to Man City.
Denis Wise and Mike Ashley be ashamed because you are ripping the heart out of the TOON!!
We have had a great start to the season picking up a point at Man Utd
But selling James Milner was the start of the rot!
We have got some exciting players in the Window but not who Kevin wanted.

Shame Mike Ashley and Denis Wise
We LOVE KING KEV!

dru

The only thing better would be GVE walking out on the other Newcastle

bulldogmariner

Well the drama at NUFC continues with the one the only former Newcastle Jets Manager Dick Money being in put in charge as a caretaker of NUFC!
We have to do better.
Gotta beat Hull FC this weekend and attract a quality manager

Bear

bulldogmariner said:
Well the drama at NUFC continues with the one the only former Newcastle Jets Manager Dick Money being in put in charge as a caretaker of NUFC!

wtf! lol 4eva at newcastle

clarence

bulldogmariner said:
We have to do better.
Gotta beat Hull FC this weekend and attract a quality manager

LOL! Moneyshot's made the big time.

Yeah he's the caretaker at NUFC alright. Probably does a decent job ensuring the dunny doors are properly hinged and the plumbing & electricals are in a safe and good working order. ;) ;D

Oh, you mean he's the acting manager til they find some sucker to take on the job full time? Shiiiit that's scraping the bottom of the barrel. :eek:

dru

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

it just gets better and better.

Cheer up Richard Money, oh what can it be, to a fat ugly bastard with a shit football team

bulldogmariner

Tottenham first-team coach Gus Poyet, Zenit St Petersburg boss Dick Advocaat and Russia coach Guus Hiddink are all under consideration for the Magpies post. (Daily Telegraph)

GUUS GUUS GUUS

Perfect club for him! Takes under performing teams to the brink of greatness imagine what he could do for the TOON!

MIKE ASHLEY GET YOUR MAN AND I MIGHT NOT HATE U AS MUCH AS I DO NOW!!!

GUUS
GUUS

Paolo

bulldogmariner said:
Tottenham first-team coach Gus Poyet, Zenit St Petersburg boss Dick Advocaat and Russia coach Guus Hiddink are all under consideration for the Magpies post. (Daily Telegraph)

GUUS GUUS GUUS

Perfect club for him! Takes under performing teams to the brink of greatness imagine what he could do for the TOON!

MIKE ASHLEY GET YOUR MAN AND I MIGHT NOT HATE U AS MUCH AS I DO NOW!!!

GUUS
GUUS
You will not get Poyet....end of

Guns of Melbourne

Absolutely farcical. I'm a bit tired of Ashley... he really needs to butt out and buy a season ticket. Then he can shout drinks for us all he likes.

I wouldn't touch Advocaat with a 10 foot pole. Not once has he seen out a contract.

Who does Ashley think he is kidding with Guus? Yes, it would be sweet. Yes, he would do a good job. No, we can't get him. Why? He's contracted to Russia until 2010, and is retained by a large stack of cash that even Ashley cannot match.

As for Poyet. Meh, who cares.

I wouldn't mind taking another play for Redknapp. Shearer has no interest with the current state of the board, there will be riots if Wise is appointed. I wonder if Mike Bassett is available ("Newcastle will be playing four-four-f**king-two" ;D).

Whatever happens, it's bloody rediculous.

bulldogmariner

Guns of Melbourne said:
Absolutely farcical. I'm a bit tired of Ashley... he really needs to butt out and buy a season ticket. Then he can shout drinks for us all he likes.

I wouldn't touch Advocaat with a 10 foot pole. Not once has he seen out a contract.

Who does Ashley think he is kidding with Guus? Yes, it would be sweet. Yes, he would do a good job. No, we can't get him. Why? He's contracted to Russia until 2010, and is retained by a large stack of cash that even Ashley cannot match.

As for Poyet. Meh, who cares.

I wouldn't mind taking another play for Redknapp. Shearer has no interest with the current state of the board, there will be riots if Wise is appointed. I wonder if Mike Bassett is available ("Newcastle will be playing four-four-f**king-two" ;D).

Whatever happens, it's bloody rediculous.
I hate to say this but i totally agree and as a Newcastle Fan i am gutted.
I am travelling over in the summer to watch games and thought we could challenge for top 6 but not now!
Mike Bassett could be the ideal man for the Job and i love 4 4 F#@!()@  2!
Look what he did for England!

FFC Mariner

you wouldnt think Poyet would go anywhere near a club with that little shit wise in charge???

Dont forget he knows him of old as they are both ex filth

Guns of Melbourne

Sigh.

That performance was pathetic, frustration is clearly showing in the players. The shining highlight of the night was the commentators laughing about Money having managed Newcastle in the NSL.

Guns of Melbourne

The dominoes are starting to fall.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Newcastle-United-Is-Up-For-Sale-Confirms-Owner-Mike-Ashley/Article/200809215099218?lpos=UK%2BNews_5&lid=ARTICLE_15099218_Newcastle%2BUnited%2BIs%2BUp%2BFor%2BSale%2BConfirms%2BOwner%2BMike%2BAshley

12:34am UK, Monday September 15, 2008

The thousands of Newcastle United fans who called for club owner Mike Ashley to step down following the departure of Kevin Keegan have got their way.

Ashley has confirmed he has put the premier league club up for sale.

He said in a statement that he had "got the message" from fans who have been protesting over the Keegan's departure.

Ashley, who bought club in July 2007, said he is looking for a buyer but warned Newcastle supporters to be patient.

Keegan quit after claiming his position had been undermined by his lack of influence over the club's transfer affairs.

In the statement Ashley said he had spent 134m buying the club and spent a further 110m investing in it.

But despite his efforts the club remained in debt.

He said the reason he bought Newcastle was for the love of football but recently he had not been able to attend matches for fear of being assaulted.

"I am putting the club up for sale. Newcastle is now in a much stronger position that it was in 2007," he said.

"I am still a fan of Newcastle United. We, my kids and I, have loved standing on the terraces with the fans... we have absolutely loved it but is not safe anymore for us as a family."

Keegan, known as "The Messiah" and "King Kev", resigned as manager following days of speculation earlier this month.

On Saturday thousands of fans brought Newcastle city centre to a near standstill protesting over his resignation hours before the game against Hull.

Looks like we missed out on some Arabs & Robinho by a matter of weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred