• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

kayo sports tv

true believer

g'day trend setters

a friend was telling us about "kayo tv"
having got rid of poxtel . i no longer have a-league .
this seems to be a one fits all sport package .
im just working out how to install it on my fetch box

thoughts and technical know how appreciated

https://kayosports.com.au/

Rowdy

g'day trend setters

Fetch TV dont have a deal with Kayo.

Kayo is essentially Foxtel (owned) & would have to create an App specifically for the Fetch TV box, which condidering that FetchTV works exclusively with Optus Sports (Foxtel's only rival in this domain)
...... it would be quite a thing for that to happen.

You'll have to watch Kayo via your computer, tablet or phone. Believe some newer released TV's will be having the option pre-installed just like Netflix, YouTube, Stan etc.

You could connect your Computer, Tablet or Phone to the your Fetch box via a USB cable using the 'My Media Hub' function on the Fetch Box.

Big Al

A google Chromecast $59 or $49 on line if you wait for them to post it is probably your cheapest avenue.

I watch foxtel go with it as i have a second box i get that free to cast. It’s pretty good.

You down load the app. Then cast it to the Chromecast which connects to the tv HdMI.

Kayo should be the same. Yes works on Chromecast see below

Big Al

g'day trend setters

https://www.whistleout.com.au/PayTV/Guides/Kayo-everything-you-need-to-know

Apple tv. Only one with the split screen option
Chromecast. No spilt screen option
Telstra tv. No spilt screen option
Only ways to watch on the tv

Or run a HDMI from laptop to the tv to watch the laptop through the tv. Cheapest option as long as you have a laptop or computer near te tv

Scotty

For me video quality looks better through Chromecast, rather than computer browser. Of course the upside of watching via a browser is that you can join in the lively forum comments. :)

You may get a good deal on a Chromecast device during the current post xmas sales. Dead easy to set up. Follow the good advice in the previous posts.

I've been very impressed with Kayo. Hopefully the price stays where it is.

Big Al

For me video quality looks better through Chromecast, rather than computer browser. Of course the upside of watching via a browser is that you can join in the lively forum comments. :)

You may get a good deal on a Chromecast device during the current post xmas sales. Dead easy to set up. Follow the good advice in the previous posts.

Bought my Chromecast two days ago and watch the Foxtel through it, works a treat but couldn’t find them on special except online but couldn’t wait for $10
Just bought it from the shops.

true believer

Bought my Chromecast two days ago and watch the Foxtel through it, works a treat but couldn’t find them on special except online but couldn’t wait for $10
Just bought it from the shops.
yeah think'n jb's tomorrow with two 15 year olds .although .i might get "but another play station " ffs

Big Al

yeah think'n jb's tomorrow with two 15 year olds .although .i might get "but another play station " ffs
There is two so be careful. The ultra is for 4k tvs but it comes with a ethernet adapter if you don’t want to run through wifi. It’s also double the price

So if you don’t need that then that don’t bother. You supposedly need good wifi. I’ve got nbn 40mps and is working a treat.

true believer

I want to plug it into a switch box . So i only use it for kayo.
Im not into google spy tech.
Where's my tin foil hat ?

Big Al

I want to plug it into a switch box . So i only use it for kayo.
Im not into google spy tech.
Where's my tin foil hat ?
If you are wanting to plug it into a switch via internet cable you need the ultra. If you are using wifi just the standard.

I presume when you say switch box you mean where all your devices are hooked up to that then connects to the modem.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Don't follow - casting via CCast makes it easy to rant online as you're then operating a 2nd screen....

I find that most things look better on TV than laptop - being much closer to your laptop you notice imperfections more, andI suspect that the TV might upscale better, (depending on the TV), given that most content is well below the maximum resolution of the TV.

I'm really happy with Kayo. I like the fact that it flags goals and red cards too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami