• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Just Wondering....

Jocwa08

Hey everyone,
I wasnt sure where to ask my question, so i started a new topic.
I was just wondering if the mariners get any bonus cash for winning
the premiership, and competing in asia ?
And how much ?

kevrenor

Jocwa08 said:
Hey everyone,
I wasnt sure where to ask my question, so i started a new topic.
I was just wondering if the mariners get any bonus cash for winning
the premiership, and competing in asia ?
Not sure if there is any cash bonus for winning the Premiership, being in the finals, or winning the GF ..... I think there is a pot that is divided up by FFA .... need to research that one further with FFA.

There is some cash flow from competing in the ACL .... I don't think the details of the 2009 ACL have been sorted yet though.
http://www.afcchampionsleague.com/
"The AFC Champions League is Asias premier club competition, pitting 29 club sides from 15 countries against one another for a US$500,000 winners purse - and a place in the FIFA Club World Championship".

Jocwa08

So do you get money for just going to asia ?
And does it increase the further you go into it ?
Imagine if mariners when to the FIFA Club World Championships...
theres always dreaming...
Japan and Korea are to good for us.... at the moment

fish

in terms of dollars I think its the exposure we can now offer to prospective sponsors thats the massive benefit.
im pretty sure you get $$$$ for making it

brett

There would be prize money at each stage of the ACL from their overall TV deal. Don't expect this to be very lucrative, particularly in the early stages.

The big benefits for us will be the sponsors who want exposure to those markets, as Mr Fishcakes said!

~Floss~

Jocwa08 said:
So do you get money for just going to asia ?
And does it increase the further you go into it ?
Imagine if mariners when to the FIFA Club World Championships...
theres always dreaming...
Japan and Korea are to good for us.... at the moment
Foriegnmariner said:
and Saudi Arabia and UAE are very good leagues. would take a miracle to even think about Mariners vs Boca/Milan.
Even still, ACL is just a tournament.

Think of it this way: squads are bigger, so we can recruit sensibly (as Lawrie always does) to fill the extra few spots. Our squad should be stronger than Sydney's was for the last ACL. Also we should be able to prepare well (as Lawrie always does), compared to Sydney. And we have the benefit of their experience as it will be Australia's third trip to the ACL.

Sydney didn't get too far, but they drew twice with the eventual winners of the thing. You could argue that with experience and better preparation they should have gotten further - maybe even recorded a win and a draw against Urawa.

I know it's not a walk in the park, but it wouldn't be completely out of the question to scrape through a few on penalties or by 1 goal and get a fair way through.

Anyway, back on topic.... (and hand back on the keyboard)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred