• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Just Some Thoughts on the Grand Final

bikinigirl

. one thing i have not seen mentioned on here is jedi's yellow and this has surprised me

. i know all the arguments for every other 'significant' moment in the game but i think this one incident had more effect on the game than any other - there are thousands of decisions made in a game, some good, some bad, some right, some wrong. that is what happens in a game and we will always feel hard done by when things go against us

. i am one of those sad individuals who actually watched the replay of the game and the yellow that jedi got seems like a bit of a 'square-up' by shield after he gave a yellow to griffiths earlier. from my yellow viewpoint, griffiths takes a dive (obviously under pressure from the knight)

. and he quickly turns around to shield and signals he thinks jedi should be carded (i think this sort of think is what actually deserves the card), shield promptly pulls out the yellow and griffiths turns to his bench with fists pumping in excited triumph

. this effectively took jedi out of the game in the first 15 minutes as he could no longer commit fully and it would seem shield was setting a pretty low tolerance

. i understand jedi did pick up an injury at some stage but i think this one incident changed the game dramatically but has been overshadowed by some many other 'what-ifs'. ok so it was a valid tactic to dull the effectiveness of jedi but it was the way it unfolded that got to me

stezac

What I dont understand is how does some one like griffiths spend so much time on laying on the grass and yet scores so many goals??

offtheball

bikinigirl said:
. one thing i have not seen mentioned on here is jedi's yellow and this has surprised me

. i know all the arguments for every other 'significant' moment in the game but i think this one incident had more effect on the game than any other - there are thousands of decisions made in a game, some good, some bad, some right, some wrong. that is what happens in a game and we will always feel hard done by when things go against us

. i am one of those sad individuals who actually watched the replay of the game and the yellow that jedi got seems like a bit of a 'square-up' by shield after he gave a yellow to griffiths earlier. from my yellow viewpoint, griffiths takes a dive (obviously under pressure from the knight)

. and he quickly turns around to shield and signals he thinks jedi should be carded (i think this sort of think is what actually deserves the card), shield promptly pulls out the yellow and griffiths turns to his bench with fists pumping in excited triumph

. this effectively took jedi out of the game in the first 15 minutes as he could no longer commit fully and it would seem shield was setting a pretty low tolerance

. i understand jedi did pick up an injury at some stage but i think this one incident changed the game dramatically but has been overshadowed by some many other 'what-ifs'. ok so it was a valid tactic to dull the effectiveness of jedi but it was the way it unfolded that got to me

Jedi was lucky not to get carded in the first tackle of the game.

bikinigirl

. um, did i mention yellow viewpoint :innocent:

. can't say i gave it that much thought as i didn't care too much for the recipient

. regardless, still changed the game in my opinion

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred