• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Just a thought

midfielder

Jesus

All matches are away matches that way it helps all the SL clubs.

Player in ACL matches stay in training and do not go on holidays .... what you think Victory players have been on holidays the last two months.

New funding from TV will not be in Hal 4, and if you read the article by Ben Buckley he says we are stuck with the current deal.

http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=1426.0

ML: The game signed a long-term deal with Fox Sports which earns it around $17 million a year. Is there room for growth in TV rights if the league is expanded?

BB: We have a contract that we signed two years ago, which is very clear and precise about the payments and the tenure. We have to live by it. Without that agreement with Premier Media Group, there would be no A-League today. Even if we thought the rights might be worth more today, we should be thankful as an industry and as a sport that a company like Premier Media was prepared to take the punt and make the investment. They are positive about expansion If we continue to grow and invest in the game the way we are now, more people will be interested in it, more people will be watching it and you can expect that the rights will be worth more than they are today.

State league problems

Blacktown Demons are in adminstration, go there and look at the fields they control , Marconi are close to selling there training fields.

Also a M Cockerill article in the smh tells part of the story

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/ffa-must-act-to-avoid-rugbys-ills/2008/04/14/1208025091340.html

Midfielder was not the one who said match fittness is a problem it is everyone who has been involved the ACL to date. 

Accept you think this is a no go, and not the answer.......... but you also said ........... Something could be done to keep a-league ACL rep's match fit................ Your suggestion is  ?

Jesus

Jesus
midfielder said:
Jesus

All matches are away matches that way it helps all the SL clubs.

Player in ACL matches stay in training and do not go on holidays .... what you think Victory players have been on holidays the last two months.

New funding from TV will not be in Hal 4, and if you read the article by Ben Buckley he says we are stuck with the current deal.

http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=1426.0

ML: The game signed a long-term deal with Fox Sports which earns it around $17 million a year. Is there room for growth in TV rights if the league is expanded?

BB: We have a contract that we signed two years ago, which is very clear and precise about the payments and the tenure. We have to live by it. Without that agreement with Premier Media Group, there would be no A-League today. Even if we thought the rights might be worth more today, we should be thankful as an industry and as a sport that a company like Premier Media was prepared to take the punt and make the investment. They are positive about expansion If we continue to grow and invest in the game the way we are now, more people will be interested in it, more people will be watching it and you can expect that the rights will be worth more than they are today.

State league problems

Blacktown Demons are in adminstration, go there and look at the fields they control , Marconi are close to selling there training fields.

Also a M Cockerill article in the smh tells part of the story

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/ffa-must-act-to-avoid-rugbys-ills/2008/04/14/1208025091340.html

Midfielder was not the one who said match fittness is a problem it is everyone who has been involved the ACL to date. 

Accept you think this is a no go, and not the answer.......... but you also said ........... Something could be done to keep a-league ACL rep's match fit................ Your suggestion is  ?

A-league players go on holidays when the first round of acl matches is over for a couple of weeks. They cant if in SL.

I did not say that new rights funding would be forthcoming until the next deal in years time. I have read that article.

I think that the FFA must either act to try and save the current infrastucture. Or else start to invest in its own. Granted it has started, with the new complex at moore park. But that is a bare beginning. I doubt the FFA will act on this however.

I agreed about match fitness.

I have suggested a super cup. Which has its possibilities, but also its draw backs. As well as is not a full round of ACL fixtures solution, It is only a solution for say the 1st 2 fixtures, maybe 3.
I think what adel and melb are doing this year is a good idea.
I think that alot will depend on the new layout of the ACL.

Jesus

Jesus
I am all for people coming up with ideas. As well as floating them.
You asked for pros and cons, and as such i have just been pointing out what i think are cons.

It is an idea. But in my opinion it wont work.

midfielder

Jesus

So in fact we agree on almost everything except my "suggestion" we should play a round of SL & your idea of a Super cup.

I don't understand how the SC works .......... not stiring just don't know how it works can you give a bit more detail.

Also I am a reasonably big boy and did ask for pro's and con's; as it is only a floated idea .... so I don't mind if people other people can see problems ............ afterall I did ask for con's

Jesus

Jesus
There are different possible models. But, if ACL rules change it to 3 a-league teams next year, it would not work.
So probably academic.

I dont think a-league teams should play in state leagues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred