• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Jest stadium

midfielder

MV only signed to play 6 games per season at new stadium and left open to move other games to the Dome.

27 K at GC thats OK, F the scum gov gifts them a 40, 000 seater, and yet they will still complain.

Jesus

Jesus
The state govt said there is no point having 2 stadiums next to each other with the same capacity. Hence vistory will move its big games to the dome, and play its smaller games at the new ground. I agree on this. I read only one stadium per city for a world cup so would not be used anyway unless mcg is found to not meet the criteria. In which case they could expect an upgrade to surely 80k. That would be awesome.

Not sure if GC will be in the running for WC games, but upsizing 13k over 10 years will be no problem. Dont forget previous GC team in league died. As well afl will not play in that ground.

Tassiemariner

skilbeck said:
scottmac said:
I cant believe skilled is only 27000. Whoever passed that lacked forsight.

I can't believe that Melbourne Rectangular is only going to be 31,500 that is going to be a serious let down for victory fans, They shouldve just built 50k straight up and made it upgradable to 70k

Actually the reason Melbourne Rectangular is only 30,000 is because the State Government has a deal signed by them, Telstra Dome and MCG that no ground with a capacity over 30,000 can be built in Melbourne untill 2010. After that i'm sre it will be expanded to 40-50k in time for a World Cup.

skilbeck

Foriegnmariner said:
skilbeck said:
scottmac said:
I cant believe skilled is only 27000. Whoever passed that lacked forsight.

I can't believe that Melbourne Rectangular is only going to be 31,500 that is going to be a serious let down for victory fans, They shouldve just built 50k straight up and made it upgradable to 70k

Actually the reason Melbourne Rectangular is only 30,000 is because the State Government has a deal signed by them, Telstra Dome and MCG that no ground with a capacity over 30,000 can be built in Melbourne untill 2010. After that i'm sre it will be expanded to 40-50k in time for a World Cup.

although its not in the min reqs for a bid, IMO for a serious WC bid a city like Melbourne would mean that stadium needs to be about 70k

Arabmariner

keensy said:
skilbeck said:
its more a pressing issue about people being turned away from MRS then skilled stadium IMO. They got that all wrong when they originally decided on that. I hope that during this construction phase they approve the additional capacity to make it 50k because it is a bit daft moving to a stadium with a lower capacity when you're close to selling out the telstra dome, and this would therefore make the stadium pointless
Melbournes season 3 average was only 26,064

Note: not agreeing or disagreeing with what you are saying
And I can't see Melbournes fan base getting much bigger once a second Melbourne team enters the a-league.Both teams will probably be getting crowds in the 20,000 plus region after a year or two.

dibo

1 plus 1 can equal 3. the two clubs together may make for average crowds of close to capacity in the new MRS.

eventually when the bubble is completed, it may need further expansion to the planned 50k, but a few years of near sellouts may help both clubs get that 'hot ticket' status that will guarantee a boom after the capacity increase.

without it, the expansion will simply give them 20,000 empty seats.

Sean

Arabmariner said:
keensy said:
skilbeck said:
its more a pressing issue about people being turned away from MRS then skilled stadium IMO. They got that all wrong when they originally decided on that. I hope that during this construction phase they approve the additional capacity to make it 50k because it is a bit daft moving to a stadium with a lower capacity when you're close to selling out the telstra dome, and this would therefore make the stadium pointless
Melbournes season 3 average was only 26,064

Note: not agreeing or disagreeing with what you are saying
And I can't see Melbournes fan base getting much bigger once a second Melbourne team enters the a-league.Both teams will probably be getting crowds in the 20,000 plus region after a year or two.

Based on what?
Victorians, and Melbournites are nuts about their sport and will flock to a ping pong world cup if there were one on.
Also the averages for some of their AFL teams are a big counter to your arguement that they will average 20K. Remember that the A-league is still rising.

Also re: Expansion of the MRS? why would they need to develop the ground further for a World Cup bid? Melbourne already has the MCG and Docklands. I agree that if one day when Melbourne's crowds are selling out the MRS, then it may need to be expanded, but it wont be touched for a long long time, and especially not for WC should we get one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred