• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Jest stadium

Jesus

Jesus
Did not realise the new funding had gone through for the 2nd part of new development.

From Jest site

Jets membership soarsThursday, 12 June 2008
GOLD fever is igniting the city of Newcastle with Jets memberships rushing out the door.

With a $50 million upgrade set for EnergyAustralia Stadium and more Jets member benefits than ever, its easy to see why.

Since membership opened for registration on May 21 the response has been overwhelming with hundreds of people signing up in the first week. Membership and ticketing manager Neville Bajzath is overjoyed. Its excellent. People have rushed in to renew their membership and theres been really positive feedback about the new membership package.

Highlighted benefits for members include free exclusive Jets merchandise, the only clothes to be seen in at the game, and reserve seating for all home games, guaranteeing you a spot close enough to smell the championship action.

CEO of the Newcastle Jets John Tsatsimas has said he believes the cornerstone of success for any club was its supporters. To have a response this enormous so early is an indication of a good forthcoming season, said Mr Tsatsimas.
We had a successful season last year and Im looking forward to breaking all sorts of records this season. Mr Bajzath has been working in membership since the clubs inception three years ago and has never seen people sign up this fast.
Everyones obviously enjoying the success of the Jets, he said. You just cant beat the atmosphere in the stadium on match day.

And what a stadium it will be. NSW Premier Morris Iemma last week promised a further $20 million grant for the redevelopment of the Western Grandstand at EnergyAustralia Stadium. This will increase the seating capacity from 33,000 to 40,000 and will be big enough to host a football World Cup game if Australia should win the race to host the event in 2018. The latest offering from the Premier takes the State Governments pledges for the western grandstand to $50 million together with $10 million from the Federal Labor Government.

scottmac

Suspended
I would like to see some figures for there memberships.
Even though they are scum its good to see a rugby league heartland have success in football memberships.

skilbeck

Yeah I agree. The upgrade of the stadium will be good, if they make it closed square and over 40k, it will turn out to be a semi-decent stadium.

Now the Governments need to do some work on upgrading or building new stadiums for us, Perth and Adelaide if we ever hope to host a WC and make Gold Coast and Canberra (i assume) over 40k

dibo

people from the hunter will still whinge that they never get anything from the state government, and yet they're sitting on $50 million for this development on top of the $30 million for the eastern stand... add the $10 million from the feds on that, they've got $90 million in about 6 years.

meanwhile our ground has received a grand total of $30 million in nearly 10 years, and our crowds are close to the jets' crowds. mind you, our fans don't have to cross open stormwater drains and our corporate supporters don't have to sit in converted shipping containers...

Paolo

scottmac said:
I cant believe skilled is only 27000. Whoever passed that lacked forsight.
why would they originally want to build it any bigger??? Especially as at that time there was only going to be the one tenant(Titans)

Alicia

Jesus said:
Highlighted benefits for members include free exclusive Jets merchandise, the only clothes to be seen in at the game, and reserve seating for all home games, guaranteeing you a spot close enough to smell the championship action.

They have to give away clothing as jets supporters can't afford their own :p  :eek:verhead:

scottmac

Suspended
There was and has been so much talk about expansion by all sports into that area. It's one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Its only just finished and within years (if either wcbid is successful) will need t6o be expanded.

skilbeck

scottmac said:

I can't believe that Melbourne Rectangular is only going to be 31,500 that is going to be a serious let down for victory fans, They shouldve just built 50k straight up and made it upgradable to 70k

Paolo

Alicia said:
Jesus said:

They have do give away clothing as jets supporters can't afford their own :p  :eek:verhead:
Better then getting nothing like us down here.
shirt >> "mini scarf" and card holder

scottmac

Suspended
skilbeck said:
scottmac said:

I can't believe that Melbourne Rectangular is only going to be 31,500 that is going to be a serious let down for victory fans, They shouldve just built 50k straight up and made it upgradable to 70k

I agree!  They will turn away people with a ground of that size.
GC average 21000 to league games and have a stadium for 27000. Good atmosphere for all games but what happens when they play broncos at home? Same with football, what will happen if GC takes off and they turn away people for roar vs GC.

Paolo

scottmac said:
skilbeck said:
scottmac said:

I agree!  They will turn away people with a ground of that size.
GC average 21000 to league games and have a stadium for 27000. Good atmosphere for all games but what happens when they play broncos at home? Same with football, what will happen if GC takes off and they turn away people for roar vs GC.
When they regularly sell out ALL matches it then becomes an issue, but not if it's only one match

skilbeck

its more a pressing issue about people being turned away from MRS then skilled stadium IMO. They got that all wrong when they originally decided on that. I hope that during this construction phase they approve the additional capacity to make it 50k because it is a bit daft moving to a stadium with a lower capacity when you're close to selling out the telstra dome, and this would therefore make the stadium pointless

Paolo

skilbeck said:
its more a pressing issue about people being turned away from MRS then skilled stadium IMO. They got that all wrong when they originally decided on that. I hope that during this construction phase they approve the additional capacity to make it 50k because it is a bit daft moving to a stadium with a lower capacity when you're close to selling out the telstra dome, and this would therefore make the stadium pointless
Melbournes season 3 average was only 26,064

Note: not agreeing or disagreeing with what you are saying

scottmac

Suspended
Football isn't like RL (to state the obvious) where you can play against 8 different sydney teams. IF the response to football was anything like they have had with RL (this time around) then i reckon/hope (maybe hope more than reckon) they will regularly sell out games at skilled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred