• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Jedinak Socceroos Star

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
IMHO, there only kinda ball that sackwhacker can effectively control...but we shant go any further on that

mustapha_beer

Bex said:
Its getting a bit old seeing every thread turn into Kareem bashing.

I agree....can we just pleeeease get back to discussing football, and nip the insult trading in the bud before it gets out of hand?

As has been said above, good on Mile. Deserves everything that's coming his way, particularly after the determination he showed to get a contract with the Mariners.....

Of course, it's a bit of a double edged sword for us, because the quicker his profile rises, the earlier we're likely to lose him. Still, I suppose it happens to all top A-league players sooner or later, and we'll all be delighted for him if he secures a move to a good European club.....matter of fact, I can think of 1 in the North east of Scotland that would love to welcome him on board....hehe, well I can always dream!

Kareem

serious14 said:
Kareem said:
Auburn Mariner said:
After watching with some amusement the sledging of a certain forum member whose first name is the same as a Hall of Fame Los Angeles Laker, one must ask; does he actually understand that whilst he is perfectly entitled to his opinion, the ridiculously MASSIVE & unearned ego and totally thoughtless, moronic comments are making him as popular as a porkchop in a Synagogue??

Nah, don't think so. Sigh.
do you realise that you are an idiot?
nah dont think so

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You think one of the nicest people you'll ever meet is an idiot, AND you think two DM's in our national team is a good idea??

Wow, there really is no hope for you at all......
I think if the players are there then why not- i wouldnt keep them both defensive minded- one covering for other and so forth! Jedinak wasnt bad at times (eg MV game) venturing forward. I was referring to Grella-Jedinak partnership in similar mould to hutcho-jedinak...except with Jedinak a bit more free to attack (as Grella is more defensive type player than Hutcho)

serious14

Kareem said:
I think if the players are there then why not- i wouldnt keep them both defensive minded- one covering for other and so forth! Jedinak wasnt bad at times (eg MV game) venturing forward. I was referring to Grella-Jedinak partnership in similar mould to hutcho-jedinak...except with Jedinak a bit more free to attack (as Grella is more defensive type player than Hutcho)

3-2-4-1......... with the 2 representing 2 DM"s - god, I couldn't think of anything more negative if I tried.  Possibly the 3-6-1 we played against Brazil in the World Cup, but even then, that switched into a 3-4-3 like that. *clicks fingers*

All these injuries aren't helping though - my preference would be for a 3-4-1-2 as follows:

Keeper
Emerton/Carney  Neill    Beauchamp
Sterjovski  Grella  Culina    Kewell
Cahill
Kennedy  McDonald

Kareem

serious14 said:
Kareem said:

3-2-4-1......... with the 2 representing 2 DM"s - god, I couldn't think of anything more negative if I tried.  Possibly the 3-6-1 we played against Brazil in the World Cup, but even then, that switched into a 3-4-3 like that. *clicks fingers*

All these injuries aren't helping though - my preference would be for a 3-4-1-2 as follows:

Keeper
Sterjovski  Grella  Culina    Kewell
Cahill
Kennedy  McDonald
i am sorry but Culina is effectively a dm (albeit a sliightly more free one). Playin with 2 holdin the centre means we dont need wingbacks. With only one (Grella) it means we do which is not suitable with our players.
These are 2 options
3-4-1-2
Kewell would be a waste at wingback...where the heck is Bresciano??? Not to mention Carney's role is wingback not as a defender in a back 3???
Either we go
-------------GK-----------
Emerton---Neill---Beuchamp
------Jedi--------Grella------            although Culina will be preferred to Jedi
-Bresciano--Cahill----Kewell
---Kennedy---McDonald-----

or 4-4-2
----------------GK-------------------
Emerton---Neill---Beuchamp---Carney/Heff
--------------Grella----------------
-Bresciano--Cahill----Kewell
---Kennedy---McDonald-----
I would never play a 4-4-2 with 2 dm's but a 3-5-2 why not especially if we lack proper wingbacks!

Sym

Ok uhh anyways..anyone know if Mile has a football playing brother ??
I simply ask because I was playing My Fifa 06 game and their is a young Australian C.Jedinak
And they have player licences and what not
Two Jedi's would be farken mad

serious14

Ummmmm, Kewell is not a wingback in my formation, he and Sterjovski are forward running wingers, so it should probably be drawn up like this.........

Keeper
Grella 
Culina/Bresciano
Sterjovski                    Kewell
Cahill
Kennedy            McDonald

And like Bear said, in no way would Culina play as a DM - he plays an almost Cahill like role for PSV, so why relegate him to the nearly-back for the national team??  ;)

Kareem

serious14 said:
Ummmmm, Kewell is not a wingback in my formation, he and Sterjovski are forward running wingers, so it should probably be drawn up like this.........

Keeper
Grella 
Culina/Bresciano
Sterjovski                    Kewell
Cahill
Kennedy            McDonald

And like Bear said, in no way would Culina play as a DM - he plays an almost Cahill like role for PSV, so why relegate him to the nearly-back for the national team??  ;)
IMO culine should be bench so he cna come on for attacking role- thats why to have Jedi and Grella- too much defensive duties for Culina.
I still dont agree with Sterjovski or right- thats where Bresciano should be!
Not to mention- if ou are adamant on culina being a centre mid and not one bit a dm in any shape or form you must have wingbacks!!! Otherwise its tactially irresponsible IMO!

brett

Gotta lean towards Kareem on this one. The formation is 4-2-3-1. The preferred 2 is Grella and Culina. Grella sits in front of the back four, whereas when we have the ball Culina pushes ahead. He is one of the fittest players so this role suits him. We also have too many good attacking midfielders, so Culina has to play deeper than he does at club level.

Don't know where this 'Culina is not a DM' sentiment is coming from. In the national team has played that sort of role for ages. Against Japan in the Asian Cup he barely got out of our half.

IF we do go to a back 3 like in China, you need wingbacks. It was Wilkshire and Carney that day. To have Kewell and Sterj as the only wide guys...you will get killed down the flanks!

Jaza_SFC

But the problem is Culina is not a natural DM, it'd Goldmember's biggest failing. He plays a more AM role for PSV (albeit in a 4-3-3 of course), and for Twente he played as a right-sided inside forward.

Asian Cup was messed up for AUs as Culina played deeper than Grella - ridiculous!

Aus SHOULD be playing 3-4-3:

------------------Schwarzer

---------Spiranovic--Neill--Beauchamp
Emerton-----------------Grella------Carney
-----------------Culina
----Sterj------------------------Kewell
-------------------Kennedy

Keeping in mind that when going forward at least one wingback will bomb forward leaving 4-5 key attacking players to move in the final third.

brett

Jaza_SFC said:
But the problem is Culina is not a natural DM, it'd Goldmember's biggest failing. He plays a more AM role for PSV (albeit in a 4-3-3 of course), and for Twente he played as a right-sided inside forward.

Asian Cup was messed up for AUs as Culina played deeper than Grella - ridiculous!

-----------------Culina

Keeping in mind that when going forward at least one wingback will bomb forward leaving 4-5 key attacking players to move in the final third.

Fine for Sunday, but generally speaking you would be looking taking Spiro out for the sake of Cahill or Bresc further ahead. It just the balance of the best players available that Culina plays deeper for the NT. He does it well. I don't see what the problem is.

Kareem

Jaza_SFC said:

-----------------Culina

hmmm...doesnt look bad. I dont mind it- but thats coz they are 2 decent wingbacks in there...its either one dm and 2 wingbacks or 2 dm's (with 2 wingers).
One Dm with no support in front of a back 3 is a bit too risky IMO!

Jaza_SFC

Any back three formation without wingbacks = EPIC FAIL

brett said:
Fine for Sunday, but generally speaking you would be looking taking Spiro out for the sake of Cahill or Bresc further ahead. It just the balance of the best players available that Culina plays deeper for the NT. He does it well. I don't see what the problem is.

Cahill is better off the bench IMO, and Bresciano is nigh on useless at life - I've NFI why he keeps getting a gig when he does nothing.

Tho if you did want Cahill you could go for:

-----------------Schwarzer

Emerton-------Neill----Beauchamp---Carney

------------------------Grella
----------Culina
-------------------Cahill
-Sterj-----------Kennedy-----------Kewell

But to me that defence is too weak and it fails to properly utilise the potential of the wingbacks. I'd save Cahill and (sadly) McDonald as bench options.l

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred