• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best RM

midfielder

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best RM of recent time I think yes .. is he the best from say 1970 IMO yes ... others thoughts would be interesting ...  Who is better Messie may be and what a match up to have two players of this talent at the same time.
Watching Chelsea V Man U this morning with Giggs on the left and Ronaldo on the right and often together  want a pleasure.

tuftman

Personally i'd choose Ribery. IMO they're both equal in ability(or near enough) but I just like Ribery mostly because of the way he burst onto the scene at the World Cup

fedelta

tuftman said:
IMO they're both equal in ability(or near enough)

Ronaldo:

# Barclays Golden Boot: 200708
# Barclays Merit Award: 200708
# European Golden Shoe: 200708
# UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 200708
# UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 200708
# FIFPro World Player of the Year: 200708
# Ballon d'Or: 2008

Ribry:

* French Player of the Year: 2007, 2008
    * German Footballer of the Year: 2008

kkthnx

serious14

Torres - I'd go further than that and say that he _was_ a right WINGER, but due to his ridiculous amount of talent, has been given a free roaming No. 10-ish role by Fergie, that also encompasses both wings.  Manchester United's current RM would be decided from one of the following - Michael Carrick, Paul Scholes, or Darren Fletcher.

So, to answer your question Midfielder - no, I do not think Cronaldo is the best RM of recent times.  ;)  Your answer would come from a pretty hefty list, and at the top (for the 90's/00's at least) would be:

Zinedine Zidane (yes, he did play there for a while)
Kaka
Andrea Pirlo (as did he)
Paul Scholes
Michael Ballack
Pablo Aimar
Luis Figo

serious14

Azza-Matazz said:
Kaka, Pablo Aimer, Paul Scholes and Micheal Ballack are all attacking/centre midfielders!

I'm doing this based on a standard 4-4-2 set out like LW, LM, RM, RW.

tuftman

Azza-Matazz said:
Stevie G would be up there, David Silva (or is he left side?)

David Silva is predominantly left sided, also plays behind in the #10 role, but did play right wing at times at EURO 2008

tuftman

Azza-Matazz said:
whos the other winger for valencia? and what about Maxi Rodriguaz

Joaquin the one your talking about, he's the right winger, Vicente is the left. Maxi Rodriguez is a right winger as well i think

BAD BULLZ

serious14 said:
Torres - I'd go further than that and say that he _was_ a right WINGER, but due to his ridiculous amount of talent, has been given a free roaming No. 10-ish role by Fergie, that also encompasses both wings.   Manchester United's current RM would be decided from one of the following - Michael Carrick, Paul Scholes, or Darren Fletcher.

So, to answer your question Midfielder - no, I do not think Cronaldo is the best RM of recent times.  ;)   Your answer would come from a pretty hefty list, and at the top (for the 90's/00's at least) would be:

Zinedine Zidane (yes, he did play there for a while)
Kaka
Andrea Pirlo (as did he)
Paul Scholes
Michael Ballack
Pablo Aimar
Luis Figo

TBF HUTCHO SHOULD BE ON TOP THAT LIST SERIASS

midfielder

[/quote]

TBF HUTCHO SHOULD BE ON TOP THAT LIST SERIASS
[/quote]

Share it around lol.

Your other comments in comparing CR to all midfielders is way to hard...CM and wide mids have different roles to compare  Zidane or Kaka to CR in a wide mid role goes beyond my question ... but heck if you want to take it their for me the late George Best was the best midfielder I ever saw and that was only on TV.

Sym

Phwaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pablo Aimar was mentioned !

Fap fap fap

tuftman

Sym said:
Phwaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pablo Aimar was mentioned !

Fap fap fap

Used to play for Valencia, Zaragoza..now at Benfica. Was rumoured to be going to the geordies at one point. I thought he was more a #10 then a right midfielder though?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred