• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Band of Brothers....

Loki

I have watched the series (Band of Brothers) at least 3 times and agree it would be hard to beat

dibo

marinermick said:
serious14 said:
....the best TV show (drama) ever made??

Discuss.

The West Wing for me

"My Chief of Staff, Leo McGarry, insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or is it okay to call the police? ... One last thing: While you may be mistaking this for your monthly meeting of the ignorant tightass club, in this building, when the President stands, nobody sits." [/qupte]

Honkee

If its not #1 , It cant be too far from it.

I heard allot of Aussies are going to be in the next series, I think its going to be band of brothers, only in the pacific against the Japanese.

serious14

Also:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Band-of-Brothers/8882501121?ref=ts

http://www.majordickwinters.com/

Favourite moment of the series has to be in the Battle of Foy (Episode - "The Breaking Point") when Captain Speirs single handedly runs down from the forest through an artillery barrage, then through the town to link up with I Company, _then_ runs back to Easy Company..... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS1qfIsINh8

Closely followed by the taking of the 105mm guns on D-Day, and the Assault on the Crossroads by Winters and his squad.

Jolly_Roger

I enjoyed it so much, i purchaed the dvd box set.

Definately one of the best mini series made.

Captain Speers is a legend

Jimmy

Honkee said:

I heard allot of Aussies are going to be in the next series, I think its going to be band of brothers, only in the pacific against the Japanese.

It was filmed in Melbourne wasn't it? So I'm guessing we will get a lot of Aussie actors pretending to be yanks.

MrCelery

BOB is certainly right up there in my Top 5 of all time. I have the series and have watched it at least 3 times, each time seeing something extra.

Other top series IMHO:

The Civil War
The West Wing
Deadwood
New Tricks
Coupling

Not to mention older classics like:
Fawlty Towers
Yes Minister\Prime Minister

Honkee

Jimmy said:
Honkee said:

It was filmed in Melbourne wasn't it? So I'm guessing we will get a lot of Aussie actors pretending to be yanks.

Makes sense , the first one was a lot of poms pretending to be yanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred