• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Injury updates from Sydney FC game here

CCM-JAM80

Injury updates from Sydney FC game here

Can you please post any updates here guys and girls.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Is there potential here for a "sticky" thread that allows members to have a "one-stop-shop" when looking for the latest injury news?

jaypee

CCM-JAM80

Hers the list of who I know

Heff - Broken Leg - Gone for Season
John Aloisi - Twisted knee - No update
John Huch - Twisted knee - no update
Greg Owens - Twisted Knee - no update
Andrew Clarke - Head Gash - should be fine

I would guess that of the above list only Heff is out. Hutch will be missing due to suspension but the others should play.

Anyway - any of you insiders can you keep us updated

Tassiemariner

The amount of knee injuries are a worry especially for hutcho just coming off his major re-co last year.

Bluetongue magnificent ground conditions have worked a treat again.

Omni

Owens wasn't looking too good last night but I can't say how long it will be for him. (That was another bad challenge missed by Breeze)

Aloisi said he heard a noise when he went down but he told us he wanted to walk off and he was walking fine at full time (if a bit disgusted).

I wouldn't blame the ground for this either, I was down there and the pitch was in pretty damn good nick, the wet weather may have had something to do with it, but not the pitch. Violent challenges from FC definately had A LOT to do with a number of those injuries.

CCM-JAM80

Thanks all for the updates.

Geez, I really hope Aloisi is ok. He is in great form and we will need him firing as we look to secure The Premiership over the final four rounds.

fedelta

jaypee said:
Hutch will be missing due to suspension but the others should play.

I heard the commentator say that when i rewatched the match and i really didn't think he had that many yellows, so i looked on the A-League site and he only has 6. Isn't 8 yellows an automatic suspension?

Omni

I think it's 4 & then every additional 2, so 6 is 1 game, 8 is 2, 10 is 3? Not 100% on that one.

Gen (MarinerMum)

Think I've lost the appetite for being friendly with Sydney.  F**************K, such a dirty team.  Studs up tackles and 5 injured.  Isn't the referee responsible for the safety of the players by ensuring the rules of the game are adhered to and isn't it illegal in football to tackle late, tackle with studs up and deliberately attempt to injury a player using an illegal tackle etc. etc.  So under OH&S what responsiblity does Breeze have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

He should be sacked, my dog could do a better job.  These players are expensive to have onboard, and their lively hood should not be jepordised by stupid moronic, brain dead  referees.  The Frank lowy Football Association is shit.  Our players have improved soooooo much and still we have shit referees.  They are tooooooo AROGANT FOR THEIR OWN GOOD AND PEOPLE WILL WALK AWAY IN DISGUST.

REFEREES ARE NOT ABOVE REPROACH, WE ALL HAVE TO ANSWER WHEN WE DO A BAD JOB, SO GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDES FFA AND DO SOMETHING. 

Sure lots of goals were scored but so to lots of injuries on one side only!!!!!!????????

You put us in the league so protect our money you d..............heads

georgemladenov

Lawrie also mentions Matty Simon as having succumbed to an injury on FoxSports News. You'd think with a nine day turnaround he should be fine though.

CCM-JAM80

Demented said:
This game was decided before they even hit the pitch!

I can understand one being upset at the result and the injury listing, though let's keep a level head about the loss.

M

mariners_4_ever

To have a player say that the ref "killed" the game speaks heaps for me!!!
Sitting back watching the game you can't half say Breeze wasn't favouring the scumsuckers !!! Soooooo many things he let go and our boys got punished for. Being beat fair and square is one thing but to be beat by a ref? what chance do you have????? Lets hope the the FFA bring in overseas ref's for the finals.

Ted

CCM-JAM80 said:
Demented said:

I can understand one being upset at the result and the injury listing, though let's keep a level head about the loss.

Anyone with eyes could see the ref's one sided decisions,  I'm just stating an obvious observation.

CCM-JAM80

Demented said:
CCM-JAM80 said:
Demented said:

Anyone with eyes could see the ref's one sided decisions,  I'm just stating an obvious observation.

And anyone with a key board and access to the net can have an opinion too - unfortunately, an opinion isn't necessarily fact ;)

To suggest the game was decided before the teams hit the pitch is quite simply a load of crap.  I for one will choose not to buy in to it - your suggesting the integrity of our competition, OUR competition, is flawed.

Whatever helps one sleep easy at night I guess.

happy

jaypee said:
CCM-JAM80

I would guess that of the above list only Heff is out. Hutch will be missing due to suspension but the others should play.

Sorry for asking, but are those injuries from just one match? Can't remember a match in Germany with that many injured players...
You're sure you played football?

Andy

happy said:
jaypee said:
CCM-JAM80

Sorry for asking, but are those injuries from just one match? Can't remember a match in Germany with that many injured players...
You're sure you played football?

Yep, All from last night, plus the 2 red cards.

Plus, Matt Simon also picked up a knock.

So that's six injuries and 2 red cards.

Gen (MarinerMum)

The injury list reminds me of a rugby league grandfinal in ?1986 when Balmain played Canberra/Manly and the tactic was to go out and take out the play makers.  Once they were out of the way, the opposition got on with playing league.  Despite the referee the play makers were taken out with serious injuries and the grandfinal is history, one I remember to this day however, I don't remember the score or those who shone in the game.

Professional sport is big money!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred