• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Immense Footballing Performances.....

serious14

Righto, I havn't made a list thread in a while, figured I'd break the drought.  ;)

What do you think are some of the most immense performances in football in recent times??    Both team and individual

* The old school Ronaldo vs. Manchester United with _that_ hat-trick in the Champs League back in 03/04

* Ronaldinho's 2 goals against Barcelona in 2005 when the Real fans applauded him off the ground

* Zidane vs. Brazil in the 2006 World Cup  :eek: :eek: :eek:

* Fat Dukes against Liverpool when he knocked in 4.....

* Manchester United's utter demolition of Aston Villa in the EPL last season ("this is football from the dream factory"), and the 3-0 against Liverpool.  I could watch both of those games a thousand and one times and not tire of them

* Australia away to Uruguay in 2005..... absolutely insane.  What a game.

* Fred in the 3-3 against the Mariners in V2 - and in the context of our season at that point, the Mariners 3-1 against Sydney, October 2006.

* Turkey against the Czech Republic and the Croats at Euro 2008, as well as Arshavin against the Netherlands.  Unbelievable.

Sym

good thread serious

off the top of my head
drobga when he set up 4 goals in a Chelsea 4-1 win at Anfield was a good performance

not being a manc fan
but the ucl final when they scored like two goals in injury time or something ?
not sure I can't remember.

3:47 am I can't of much atm:p

FFC Mariner

0-2 down away to Man City, relegated if results stay the same, 20 mins to go.

Win 3-2 and kick start the great escape.

ryan

Liverpools Champions League comeback win against AC Milan in Istanbul. :eek:verhead:
I can't believe you forgot that one Serious ;D

serious14

ryan said:
Liverpools Champions League comeback win against AC Milan in Istanbul. :eek:verhead:
I can't believe you forgot that one Serious ;D

Manchester United fan......  ;)

* Roy Keane vs. Juventus, 1999 Champs League Semi

* Manchester United vs. Arsenal, 1999 FA Cup Semi Final replay.  Amaaaaaaaaazing.  ;D

Arabmariner

Inter cities Fairs Cup (predecesor to the UEFA Cup) 1966-67

1st leg  Barcelona 1 Dundee Utd 2

2nd Leg Dundee United 2 Barcelona 0

They were the holders.It was our first ever European tie.

Also

UEFA Cup Q/Final 1986-87

1st Leg  Dundee Utd 1 Barcelona 0

2nd Leg Barcelona 1  Dundee Utd 2

Until Liverpool did it 2 or 3 years ago we were the only British club to have ever won in the Nou Camp against Barcelona.

serious14

Arabmariner said:
Until Liverpool did it 2 or 3 years ago we were the only British club to have ever won in the Nou Camp.

Man U in 1999 - admittedly that wasn't against Barca.  :p

serious14

Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
Until Liverpool did it 2 or 3 years ago we were the only British club to have ever won in the Nou Camp.

Fixed..................smart arse! :p

;D ;D ;D

* Puskas and Di Stefano for Real Madrid in the European Cup final against Eintracht Frankfurt..... 4 and 3 goals respectively.  IMMENSE!!!!

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:

Fixed..................smart arse! :p

;D ;D ;D

* Puskas and Di Stefano for Real Madrid in the European Cup final against Eintracht Frankfurt..... 4 and 3 goals respectively.  IMMENSE!!!!
Agreed.I remember watching that game on a big screen when I was at primary school as a treat in the week leading up to school holidays one year.

Not live of course..............I'm not that old!

Jesus

Jesus
Nth Koreas world cup run.

Netherlands Vs argentina in WC98 was a incredible match sealed with one of the best goals of all time, by the player with one of the best touches of all time, bergkamp.

Rivaldos 3 goals on final day of the season for Barce over valencia in the grudge match that saw barce claim the final champs league spot from valencia after rivaldo brought them back from a goal down twice, and scored the final goal, a bike. All ripper goals and great individual performance. Unfortunate his later actions for brazil vs turkey.

Every Irish game in WC02. Especially every time you heard "KEANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Not to mention the use of the 100 year old quinn for the dying 15 minutes of each game which completely reinvigortaed the team every match.

tuftman

What about Man U from 3 down at White Hart Lane to win 5-3....i'll never forget the 2006 Japan game, as well as the 5-4 vs Sydney-even though it was a lose, you cant help but admit it was epic.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
MAN U V QPR- 1969....8-1
Best, Law and Sir Bobby gave forth an immense effort, unless ya count 8 goals as not an immense effort of course

...this was the  first time i can remember seeing Man U by the way (ABC tele)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred