• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

I must congratulate the referee, Ben Williams, on his performanc

nero

A Quote from John 'Just knocke'm down' Kosmina.

"All of my mates outside of the club are envious but to be honest Id much rather be travelling north to Newcastle, a team we have beaten three times this season for a chance to take on the Mariners in the Grand Final in two weeks' time.

On that note I must congratulate the Central Coast on what can only be described as an outstanding performance last Sunday rolling the Jets by the necessary three goals to get them through.

There was an element of luck about a couple of their goals but then you make your own luck by the sheer weight of hard work and endeavour in finals series.

The Mariners played their trademark game and virtually beat Newcastle into submission they got stuck in early and never let their opponents off the canvas.

And I must congratulate the referee, Ben Williams, on his performance.

Ive never been one to be overly complimentary about officials but Bens game was the best performance Ive seen in the A-League since inception and probably going back to the old NSL.

I thought I was watching an EPL game and there is no doubt in my mind that Williams should get the Grand Final. Referees are no different to players in that that should be judged and rewarded on performance and after that display Ben deserves the biggest game of the season."

[End Quote].

The Ref for the 2nd leg semi, Ben Williams was a lot better than Breeze. I would't say he was outstanding but a least he allowed the game to be played and not ruin with to many red/yellow cards.

Whats the general opinion?

~Floss~

nero said:
Whats the general opinion?

The first 1-2 times he let things go I thought he'd missed something because we're used to the ref's pulling things up too quickly. But after a couple of times you could see that's what he was gonna do and it flowed really well.

Consistency is the key, and he certainly showed that.

At times a couple of things would happen in quick succession and you could almost get confused over whose advantage we were waiting on, or wonder if he'd just missed something. But the surprising thing was how well the game works itself out in those situations.

We just aren't used to seeing that in the A-League - you expect the ref to stop play and f**k it up with something questionable. The natural flow of the game on Sunday was a real eye-opener after getting used to the usual style of A-League reffing.

dibo

didn't have a bad game, but for the fact that i think he wasn't game to card any player who would be suspended for the next match. unfortunately there were a few - thompson, kwasnik and clark all at different times made fouls that could've had a card in other circumstances.

Omni

The cards for Vukovic & Hutchinson were bad decisions, mind you he could have sent Petrovski. I don't think he had too bad a game. I think Kosmina is saying that just to have a more subtle dig at Shield, who didn't do too badly either.

Jesus

Jesus
Omni said:
The cards for Vukovic & Hutchinson were bad decisions, mind you he could have sent Petrovski. I don't think he had too bad a game. I think Kosmina is saying that just to have a more subtle dig at Shield, who didn't do too badly either.

Dannys card was like 5 metres from the AR. No fault of the ref for taking the AR's judgement when he is that close and the ref much further away.

Jesus

Jesus
thomas477 said:
Danny said that he was lucky not to be sent off
Only because JG went down, so he assumed he would get sent when the ref walked to him instead of JG. He didnt say he felt he deserved to be sent off. He, like everyone else, knew JG took a dive

Omni

Indeed, it's not because it WAS a foul, it's because he saw the card coming out and thought it'd be red!

Ursus

Even the commentator on the late news said the card went to the wrong player.
Williams talks a lot but I prefer that to those that are quick to deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred