• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hutcho is gone - Long live Hutcho

Gratis

I'll write more fare-welling Hutch later, but briefly: I am happy to hear it is possibly his own choice to explore other options (if true) and wish him all the best.

Is that the last of the foundation players and staff to go then?

Adieu

Last edited:

Timmah

Sully is still involved with the Academy, but I'm pretty sure across the front office and footballing department, Sharon remains the longest serving - she started in Season 2

ballantyne

My favourite Hutch memory was the away game against Sydney FC, Hutch scored two long range bombs one with his right then again with his left.

I believe we went on to lose the game but was still a great memory for me.

My recall is we won it 3-2 when Spenny netted a free kick in stoppage time, but maybe I'm getting mixed up with another game?

pjennings

I suspect we will see Hutch there as well until he can pick a an NPL gig in NNSW NPL (likely given LM influence), NSW NPL or Vic NPL. Maybe doing both if it is a NNSW NPL gig.

Holy

What a day, started out with what felt like a birth in the CCM family, with all the hope and optimism that a new addition brings, to what now feels like the death of the Godfather.

Thank you John, it's bring such a privilege to watch your involvement in our club. It's been more than watching you play, you and your wife have been the glue that have held our club together, and it's this togetherness that I am forever grateful.

Although my fondest memories are still you scoring against the Jets, especially up there and giving it to their supporters.

I hope the future brings you and your family every success

Forum Phoenix

Hutch,

There has been no greater servant to the club than you in my opinion.
Your loyalty and passion has been the very bricks and mortar of this club and so you will always be here.

I've heard more times than I can remember of the things that you do behind the scenes, always just trying to do what you think is right and what will help with no thought of personal gain, and how much your efforts have meant to so many players, their families, fans and the broader community.

I'm hoping this is not goodbye. It's just see you later. Because it feels like the story is unfinished. And after the many great chapters you have written in our history and service, the only fitting end will be to have you return to coach the Mariners to their greatest period of glory one day.

So until then, I wish you and your family every success and happiness.

With gratitude, love and respect for all the memories,
FP & family

Yoda

He's at IFS, left the club a while ago.
I'm pretty sure he's still employed in a community liaison type role with the Mariners, as well as his IFS and Kanwal coaching commitments. He still drives a Mariners branded vehicle and conducts the School Holiday programs.

Timmah

He's been removed from the About Us page on the club's official website - I'm gonna guess it's current given Okon's name appears there.

Yoda

He's been removed from the About Us page on the club's official website - I'm gonna guess it's current given Okon's name appears there.
Well, you'd think they ask him to hand back the keys to the company car..... I'm pretty sure he still holds a position at the club.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 10

yellowcake

That was season 1. Hutcho bagging two was in season 3.
Indeed. That game finished with Tommy P racing back to chase down a long range speculator when Danny had come up for a corner and just clearing it off the line.
We won the premiership that year with a goal difference of 1.

yellowcake

Hutch, thanks for the memories you've given me and everything you've done for the club where you were the heart and soul.

I wasn't initially convinced on his appointment as captain when Wilko left, mainly because I wasn't sure he had the right temperament.
Stuff like kicking the ball into the Squadron up there one Boxing Day, sparking a full-time melee, were kinda fun - but hardly "responsible".
But there was no doubt in my mind that yellow-and-navy-bleeding Hutch was absolutely THE right Mariner to hold the toilet seat aloft and just so incredible when it happened (even though he choose to share it with Zwanny).

Last edited:

Paolo

Well, you'd think they ask him to hand back the keys to the company car..... I'm pretty sure he still holds a position at the club.
I believe he is employed by IFS and that CCM now contract IFS for the community clinics/coaching etc. Not uncommon in sport.

yorkshireman

Was told today that he didn't really want to go but chose to follow coaching elsewhere for now over a desk job with us. Best decision I rekon as others have said. Get a flavour elsewhere then bring his own twist of experiences back in a few years.

All the best Hutch

ps news is, Vidmar will be assistant! Ange's input!

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

My favourite Hutch memory was the away game against Sydney FC, Hutch scored two long range bombs one with his right then again with his left.

I believe we went on to lose the game but was still a great memory for me.

I think he scored about 4 that season from that exact blade of grass. That was back in the days where he would just pull something out of his backside, like one huge and critical tackle, one blinding run or a cracker of a shot at goal that would suddenly lift and inspire the whole team and turn the game around.

localpom

Was told today that he didn't really want to go but chose to follow coaching elsewhere for now over a desk job with us. Best decision I rekon as others have said. Get a flavour elsewhere then bring his own twist of experiences back in a few years.

All the best Hutch

ps news is, Vidmar will be assistant! Ange's input!
If so about Vidmar....good news.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
If Man U can move on Giggsy, then no club legend is safe... Taa for everything Hutch, now go learn you head coaching stuff and seeya down the road at bluetongue maybe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred