• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

How it can work out

Timmah

Right now:
CCM 31
NUJ 31
SFC 30
QLD 30

F*ck the rest, they're all out.

Let's get this rolling.

Result 1 tonight - a SFC v QLD draw brings us to
QLD - SFC - CCM - NUJ 31

Next week we have
Scum v Perth
Us v Nix
Troll FC v Defeat
Reds v Whimper

By some freak of nature, the final round is all top four v bottom four... Really it comes down to who wins and after that, goal difference. The equation's quite simple. We have to win next week if we want this premiership we've been holding on to since late September.

Andy

IMO the best result tonight is a Sydney win with a lot of red cards and injuries.

That will leave the table like: SYD-CCM-NEW-QLD.

Sydney play one of there bogey teams and an in-form Melbourne who love nothing more than to thump them.

We'd only have to equal or better Newcastle's and Queensland's result.

georgemladenov

Andy said:
IMO the best result tonight is a Sydney win with a lot of red cards and injuries.

That will leave the table like: SYD-CCM-NEW-QLD.

Sydney play one of there bogey teams and an in-form Melbourne who love nothing more than to thump them.

We'd only have to equal or better Newcastle's and Queensland's result.

If Sydney win it would be:

Sydney 33 +4 (+ winning margin against Qld)
Us 31 (+3)
Scum 31 (+3)
Qld 30 +6 (- losing margin against Sydney)

A win against Wellington would guarantee us a minimum of 3rd as Qld would not be able to overtake us, which would probably be a good thing. I am confident of winning by at least as the same margin as Newcastle over Perth, if not by more. The Scum have historically struggled against the Glory at EAS stadium anyway.

If that eventuates, only Sydney's game next Sunday would matter to us. A draw would see it come down to goal difference, so tonight's fixture will make the picture clearer. Hypothetically, a 2-0 victory for Sydney against Qld would see us needing to win by atleast 3 to equal on goal difference. Goals scored currently stands at 28 for us and 26 for them.

.... to summate, alot of hypothetical 'ifs and buts', but I'm extremely confident in the ability of ourn boys to bounce back to a minimum of second, which I wouldve been damn pleased with at the start of the year!

Gav...

i would love sydney to win tonight because tards will kill them next week and the premiership will be all ours!!!!!!!!!

Deej

Fancy letting an 8 point gap slip? Now we could finish 4th!

No easy game for anyone next week, I don't care what the result is tonight I just wanna get a good performance next week for some much needed confidence, if it's enough to win the league then so be it, if not it's our fault we blew it.....make amends and go for the toilet seat!

serious14

All I have to say is:

Look for me down the Melbourne end of their game against Sydney next week in full colors.  Who's with me??

pjennings

So we now know what faces us.

If all four semi-finalists win we must win by 3 more than QLD and 1 more than Sydney and by the same amount as Newcastle. Simple really!?!

Newcastle are up first so by the time we play we will at least know how much to get past them. We need a big win next so that when Sydney and Queensland play are under pressure to attack. The scum and us have the easier games - but that doesn't seem to count for much this year.

C'mon boys - just do it!!!!  :pirashoot:

georgemladenov

4-0 might be enough for first, I'm confident 5-0 should do it!

Hell, theoretically we could still finish first with a point. There is too much to speculate.

Mariner Girl

We must be careful and not go all out attack with full guns blazing :pirashoot: :pirashoot:,
because our defence will need a good seeing to next week  :tv:.
Whatever the scoreline - it is so important to keep a clean sheet.  :tophat:
4-0 but with eyes at the back of our heads.

northernspirit

well melbournes been playing quite well, adelaide will be at home so we can do it its just a question of if we are good enough and a little luck along the way, something we are surely due - and if we get matthrw breeze for the wellington game ill scream!

jaypee

Lets just focus on a win first..... Please lets just win the game..... NIX can be dangerous

I would love nothing better then 4 or 5 but lets be realistic here

Jets play Glory at home - they haven't been that good at home - Jets also have something to play for and may stuff it up like we have been doing

Syd v Tards - I think this will be low scoring if not a draw or tards win

QLD v Adelaide - Again Adelaide have nothing to loose so will be interesting to see how they come out and play - they may play with some freedom.

Us and Nix - if Jets draw, Tards win and Adelaide win - then all we need is a win - so lets just focus on that first.

If Jets smash Glory then we have to do likewise - we actually could be facing them again in the 1st round of the finals as 1 and 2....

fish

Perth winning gives them a little joy that hopefully will carry on a week, at the same time the Nix are now bottom and they will not want that honour.
Adelaide are a very proud side/club and will be looking to finish with a bit of momentum going into Asia.
Coupled with Melbournes hatred for Sydney.
absolutely enthralling finale.

Gav...

well he it is!

perth beat newcastle 2-1

mariners beat nix 3-0

tards beat sydney 1-0

adelaide draw qld 1-1

final ladder-

1. Central Coast 34
2. Queensland 32
3. Sydney 31
4. Newcastle 31
5. Melbourne 29
6. Adelaide 24
7. Perth 23
8. Wellington 20

Semi Finals -

Minor - Sydney v Newcastle

Mayjor - Central Coast v Queensland

dibo

serious14 said:
All I have to say is:

Look for me down the Melbourne end of their game against Sydney next week in full colors.  Who's with me??

thinking about it - in a way it would have been better had sydney gone clear tonight, because then taking a win next week would have had us clear of queensland and presumably newcastle as well, and if melbs did the job we'd be sorted. as it stands, we're waiting til 9 o'clock next sunday night no matter what.

adz

Staff member
Foriegnmariner said:
Any Chance we can get the League Table Calculator we've had on the website the last few years cranking again??

i'll see if I can dig it up in the morning

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred