• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

How does the Yellow Army organise (like today's protest)?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So, living in Vic now i'm a bit out of the loop (didn't even get to watch the game today either), but I saw the banners on facebook from the YA as well as hearing about the silence at 30min (and there's some 30 day thing?)..

So what I'm wondering is, how does this stuff get organised and communicated to the fans? There's been no mention of any of that on here or the facebook pages, so until I saw photos on facebook I was just assuming we weren't doing anything in support...

Brighty

I have no idea... and I totally understand the reasons behind it all, but sitting from the sidelines and watching all this unfold in the media circus circulating around Rebecca Wilson and Alan Jones with the fans banned etc.... I find it bloody ridiculous to try and make a statement and impact with the wanderers RBB walking out at 30mins. As if FFA are going to care when ticket sales are done and dusted, revenue earned and they walk out at 30mins. They've already made their $$!!
They have the numbers to make a difference, why not make a better statement by just simply not turning up!! Travelling over an hour with paid tickets etc, then walking out after 30mins just does not make sense to me.

kevrenor

I have no idea... and I totally understand the reasons behind it all, but sitting from the sidelines and watching all this unfold in the media circus circulating around Rebecca Wilson and Alan Jones with the fans banned etc.... I find it bloody ridiculous to try and make a statement and impact with the wanderers RBB walking out at 30mins. As if FFA are going to care when ticket sales are done and dusted, revenue earned and they walk out at 30mins. They've already made their $$!!
They have the numbers to make a difference, why not make a better statement by just simply not turning up!! Travelling over an hour with paid tickets etc, then walking out after 30mins just does not make sense to me.

Given that it was dollars our club gained (minus the usual) I am very glad they came. Not turning up would have hurt us, and not had any impact on TV (which is the only real avenue above social media to be noticed).

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

So, living in Vic now i'm a bit out of the loop (didn't even get to watch the game today either), but I saw the banners on facebook from the YA as well as hearing about the silence at 30min (and there's some 30 day thing?)..

So what I'm wondering is, how does this stuff get organised and communicated to the fans? There's been no mention of any of that on here or the facebook pages, so until I saw photos on facebook I was just assuming we weren't doing anything in support...

Text and DM on Twitter I expect

Luke

There was a big statement put out during the week on the YA facebook that said what we were doing and somebody copied it into a thread here.We worked with the RBB and knew when they were leaving so that's when the banners went up.There's not that much to it.Our plan was to go silent from 30 when they left and start again at the 80th.
As said above a total boycott would send a better message maybe but IMO I think it says more that they were willing to travel all this way then leave so early.FFA are in a shit storm and don't look like getting out if it any time soon.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

There was a big statement put out during the week on the YA facebook that said what we were doing and somebody copied it into a thread here.We worked with the RBB and knew when they were leaving so that's when the banners went up.There's not that much to it.Our plan was to go silent from 30 when they left and start again at the 80th.
As said above a total boycott would send a better message maybe but IMO I think it says more that they were willing to travel all this way then leave so early.FFA are in a shit storm and don't look like getting out if it any time soon.
I saw the YA post that said they were planning on going quiet at some point but that was it, and I didn't see anything on here.

Luca Brasi

Congratulations YA on the banner, the message sent really cut through and contributed to Gallops media response today.

nogbad

kH3gWC7.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred