• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hope springs eternal

ballantyne

Events last night in Melbourne have me feeling hopeful. You can just imagine the goo on the Yellow Fever forum this morning.
We’re being offered a sweet run of faltering opposition in this first round robin, with a struggling Adelaide next and a Nix who haven’t yet scored from open play next after.
Compare this with our job over the holidays, when we play top four opposition every week. Although I can’t see us winning a game in December or January, if we can jag one or two in the next few weeks, we might have the confidence to get a point or two during that horror run mid-season.
That would put us on 7 points by the start of Feb and needing only two wins to exceed last year’s total. I really feel that getting some points in the next two rounds gives us a real chance of not finishing last again.

Gratis

I think our back end of the season will be much more productive. I predicted very few points from the first 8-12 games as we're setting up ala roar/AU. It took both of them a while to start the wins while they got the style right.

We're seeing progress game to game. That's massive in my mind. We haven't done that in the previous 2 years.

Surprised by Welly - really thought they'd be up there already.
4 games in and Syd have already won more games this season than we have since the beginning of last season. I really think we have to improve on that!

ballantyne

Nix look good on paper but are paper thin. Their hottest bench property is Ridenton, so a popular theory is that they have no competition for 1st team spots.

Big Al

Nix be missing up to 6 players in Canberra due to national team duty and we could be without Roux if. They go back to him.

Squad announced Thursday.

Two silly errors on the penalties then the damage done after red card. They changed formation and took over the game after half time until the red card.

We have given away plenty of scoring opportunities
Perth scored 3, missed at least another 3 sitters
Sydney scored 4, missed at least another 2 sitters
Roar scored 1, missed at least another 3 sitters
WSW scored 1, missed at least another 4 sitters

We have a long way to go and luck and clinical finishing has played apart.

Adelaide are not the same side without Carusca and are lacking finishing but our defence can't give up these easy opportunities
We need to stay in touch before our run of home games

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Yep, I reckon our season after NYE will improve outta sight...not top 4 improve but improve none the less

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred