• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Home grand final?

Big Al

Yep I'm sure there will be exceptions but mainly the randoms that sign up here just to get codes will be off the table
I’ve got my sob story typed just need to beat those pesky Sky Blues.

Better members give spares to me than Victory or Nix just saying.

I’ll be very disappointed if i miss out but would be my own fault for not being a member and the reason i didn’t was the stupid $36 thing.

Paolo

Yeah was think those beloved sauce bottles have a bit of realestate that could be used, lots of safety checks etc but could add some temp stands.
Because im a curious sicko.
Accounting for clearway for Advertising boards, then additional additional space for ball kids, security, camera man, then walkway in front of stand...available space is likely 65m wide and only about 5m depth.
Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 1.30.17 pm.pngScreenshot 2024-05-10 at 1.31.36 pm.png

Something like this Large generic grandstand has has specs of 10.5m (L) x 5.7m (D) x 3.2m (H) and seats approx. 200....but this is already too big.

Assuming the depth could be accommodated, you could get 6 max stands for approx 1200 additional capacity.

grandstandsbeefweek.jpg

Average ticket price approx $50 = $60k revenue.

With a 1 week turnaround, a bare bones APL events teams who CBF adding another headache, plus limited $ upside...this seems fanciful.

Rising Sun

And when the seething masses start whinging on FB that they can’t get good seats (or possibly any seats), that would be a good time to ask them:

a) Why aren’t they season ticket holders?

and

b) Where they have been all season?

Just sayin’
My guess is the whinging will be about the price of seats not the availability. There was 26k+ at Parra last year; Vuck will bring a lot more than the plastics and I suspect Nix would bring about the same but also with the potential for a lot of bandwagon jumpers from the local Kiwi population. The APL is on it's knees financially, why would they lock 6,000+ people out of the GF? You could probably stage the Dolan/Warren for the next 5 or 10 years for the money you could get out of that.

So my guess is that they have decided that they can bump the tickets up by 50% (or more) from what they would have charged at Commbank, and know that they would still sell out CCS and make more money than from a larger crowd in Parramatta.

If thats not the case then I am scratching my head why they have decided that now of all times is a good time to decide that CCS is after all suitable to host a GF

turbo

If thats not the case then I am scratching my head why they have decided that now of all times is a good time to decide that CCS is after all suitable to host a GF
I think you're right that we'll pay a premium but not the sort of % you are thinking. CCS should be cheaper to open than Commbank so that's potentially a factor and now more than ever the APL needs good will as well as money. So far they've been able to announce we can have it at home without costing anything - we still have to make it which is far from a given.

style_cafe

I think you're right that we'll pay a premium but not the sort of % you are thinking. CCS should be cheaper to open than Commbank so that's potentially a factor and now more than ever the APL needs good will as well as money. So far they've been able to announce we can have it at home without costing anything - we still have to make it which is far from a given.
They ground capacity is 20,059 but thats seated, im sure with some creative thinking that another 5,000 could be squeezed in. Ie. opening behind the goals, standing areas etc. a live site on the waterfront is also another option…:popcorn:

adz

Staff member
Because im a curious sicko.
Accounting for clearway for Advertising boards, then additional additional space for ball kids, security, camera man, then walkway in front of stand...available space is likely 65m wide and only about 5m depth.
View attachment 3278View attachment 3279

Something like this Large generic grandstand has has specs of 10.5m (L) x 5.7m (D) x 3.2m (H) and seats approx. 200....but this is already too big.

Assuming the depth could be accommodated, you could get 6 max stands for approx 1200 additional capacity.

grandstandsbeefweek.jpg

Average ticket price approx $50 = $60k revenue.

With a 1 week turnaround, a bare bones APL events teams who CBF adding another headache, plus limited $ upside...this seems fanciful.

Whoever sits there has to hold these up

south-end.jpg

Rising Sun

Agree that stadium would be cheaper but I reckon you still would need a 40% premium to come close to the same net revenue. Given the recent disclosures about the likely savage reductions of central funding, plus the embarrassment of not being able to stage the Dolan/Warrens, the feel good factor of a Mariners home GF does not come remotely close to justifying the amount of money they would be leaving on the table without a major hike in prices.

Corsair

1 to 1 wouldn't be ideal but I could see it happening. 1 to 2 would be a decent middle ground if 1 to 4 isnt doable.
Yeah I've got a mate that's been to about 8 games this season, I'd like to be able to get an extra ticket for him.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

So do you get early ticket access for the GF if you just have a membership and not a season ticket?

I only have the membership and am planning on coming from Melbourne.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So do you get early ticket access for the GF if you just have a membership and not a season ticket?

I only have the membership and am planning on coming from Melbourne.
We don't know yet. I only have the membership as well, given there are no away ticket memberships available. Hopefully the memberships will get access too - otherwise, they are effectively ignoring all interstate supporters.

But who knows. I have no idea how many non-ticketed memberships there are so that may play a factor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred