• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Home grand final?

Josho Howe

I was shocked at first they'd let us host but the more you think about it, the more it makes sense. If we get through, they're guaranteed a sell out and a full stadium with a vocal home support at their actual home ground.

Agreed we now have extra incentive to win the semi. Gossy GF good times down by the palm trees and sauce bottles. Hope it happens.

Ads

Yeah was think those beloved sauce bottles have a bit of realestate that could be used, lots of safety checks etc but could add some temp stands.

turbo

And when the seething masses start whinging on FB that they can’t get good seats (or possibly any seats), that would be a good time to ask them:

a) Why aren’t they season ticket holders?

and

b) Where they have been all season?

Just sayin’
A bit of scarcity and fomo can be a good thing in the long term. Yes it would be great to get a few thousand more as a one off but if it means casuals signing up to not miss out it's not a bad thing long term. Opens up options for live sites if there's demand

FFC Mariner

A bit of scarcity and fomo can be a good thing in the long term. Yes it would be great to get a few thousand more as a one off but if it means casuals signing up to not miss out it's not a bad thing long term. Opens up options for live sites if there's demand
I deactivated FB as a sanity measure (try it,its brilliant away from that cesspit)
Can someone start a thread of "whining CCM comments" please?
I await the "I tried to buy 11 tickets for the big game on the day of the game and its sold out - cant believe CCM are treating fans so badly"

We will also get the "I was a member for over 10 seasons but (insert sob story) can anyone help me out"

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

a) Why aren’t they season ticket holders?

and

b) Where they have been all season?

Just sayin’

Because I live in Melbourne. Flew up last year with my partner, we will definitely fly up again...if I can get tickets. I'll be devastated if I can't get tickets..just depends on whether members can get additional tickets again. So, definitely nervous until we find that out.

But, I'm still happy that a home GF is finally on the cards. This is huge. So no, I'm definitely not whinging on FB about it! Even if I didn't have family with tickets, the possibility of myself not going is insignificant compared how big this is for the club.

I kind of think there should be 2 prereleases - one for season ticket holders, a second for the Mariners club memberships, then the public (I do at least have the $36 club membership....though even with that I'd still be worried!)

Painting Gosford in a sea of yellow is better for our local presence than painting Parramatta yellow.

We've dreamt of this since the start. Ever since they f**ked us over in S3.

Last edited:

adz

Staff member
I deactivated FB as a sanity measure (try it,its brilliant away from that cesspit)
Can someone start a thread of "whining CCM comments" please?
I await the "I tried to buy 11 tickets for the big game on the day of the game and its sold out - cant believe CCM are treating fans so badly"

We will also get the "I was a member for over 10 seasons but (insert sob story) can anyone help me out"

I was thinking about this. Last year some of us were happy to share codes for early / discount tickets, but I think this year - if we actually make it through - is different, CCS would sell out straight away, no need to give out codes to help boost numbers. If it gets that far we could have a thread for member ticket codes and just say f**k off and get membership 🤣

FFC Mariner

I was thinking about this. Last year some of us were happy to share codes for early / discount tickets, but I think this year - if we actually make it through - is different, CCS would sell out straight away, no need to give out codes to help boost numbers. If it gets that far we could have a thread for member ticket codes and just say f**k off and get membership 🤣
Agree - if it happens it would probably be 1 member 1 ticket (family = 4) there is no need to bump up the crowd by offering more.

You sell all these grifters on Fulhams EPL fan pages "hey supported the club my whole life and in London on holiday can anyone get me a ticket to Man United at home, actually 4 would be great thanks"

Insertnamehere

Oh I'll defs be on here promising to be your best friend for 2 or 3 tix.

turbo

I do at least have the $36 club membership....though even with that I'd still be worried!
I would hope that's good enough, if not it will turn off a lot of people for future.

Last year some of us were happy to share codes for early / discount tickets
As long as we can buy multiples with 1 code I think that would still happen at least between regular forum members. Will sell out fast though.

adz

Staff member
I would hope that's good enough, if not it will turn off a lot of people for future.

As long as we can buy multiples with 1 code I think that would still happen at least between regular forum members. Will sell out fast though.

Yep I'm sure there will be exceptions but mainly the randoms that sign up here just to get codes will be off the table

Stuartmcateer

1 to 1 wouldn't be ideal but I could see it happening. 1 to 2 would be a decent middle ground if 1 to 4 isnt doable.
It's the balance.

I remember the jets were allowed to buy 10 tickets per membership when they hosted. Lots of people missed out.

We have about 5,000 members so 2 per member ticket is only half full and allows a little bit of bandwagon support. 4 per membership takes it up to capacity and could lead to some members missing out.

turbo

It's the balance.

I remember the jets were allowed to buy 10 tickets per membership when they hosted. Lots of people missed out.

We have about 5,000 members so 2 per member ticket is only half full and allows a little bit of bandwagon support. 4 per membership takes it up to capacity and could lead to some members missing out.
Sydney Opposition members will get access to a presale too though. There's also stadium memberships taking a chunk. It's entirely possible none will be around for public sale even at 1 code buys 2 tickets.

Edit - not Sydney, but Victory and Nix. No reason Victory couldn't bring similar numbers to their Newcaslte game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred