• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Holland says sorry

Sym

Dunno if this has been posted somewhere else

From theworldgame.com.au

The last time Newcastle Jets midfielder James Holland put his hand up he created a Grand Final storm that would shape the destiny of the third A-League Championship.

In the dying stages of the season decider between the Jets and their F3 rivals Central Coast Mariners, Holland handled the ball in a crowded penalty area amid intense Mariners pressure but the incident was missed by referee Mark Shield.

Amid tumultuous scenes that led to the dismissal of Mariners goalkeeper Danny Vukovic, the Jets hung on to win the match 1-0 to snare their first championship.

Holland has now put his hand up a second time to concede that he considered himself very fortunate to get away with his infringement.

It was a handball and I was lucky to get away with it, Holland said candidly.

I am really sorry that I did it and sorry for the Mariners but I honestly did not mean to handle the ball. It was unintentional.

It hit my hand and the referee called it (favourably). If you look at it again it was always going to hit my hand even if I did not have it up there.

These things happen and it could have been the other way round and who knows how I would have felt.

My heart sunk. For a moment I feared I had cost the Jets the Grand Final. I would have gone from hero to zero. Of course, Im definitely sorry.

Holland, who is only 19, burst on to the national scene with a string of impressive performances for the Jets in his first year in the A-League less than 12 months ago.

He scored on debut against Wellington Phoenix in Round 8, making him the youngest A-League scorer, and he has never looked back.

His rise has been as rapid as it has been impressive and his consistent play in the Jets engine room was rewarded when national coach Pim Verbeek gave him his first full cap against Singapore this year.

Holland is expected to start in this weeks friendly international against Ghana at the Sydney Football Stadium on Friday night.

So how is this young man from Sydney handling the increased attention?

Things are happening so fast for me I hardly have time to pinch myself, he said.

Its good. But all I can do is put my head down and train and hope everything falls into place and so far it has for me.

Holland suspects that the match that made people aware of his potential was the derby against the Mariners in Round 20.

Im not sure but the goal I scored against the Mariners (his old club) the first time I played against them must have made the national selectors take notice, Holland said.

The week after that I got called into the national team camp at Parramatta so maybe that game might have been it.

Holland comes across as an attack-minded midfielder with the ability to make and score goals but that is not his favourite role.

The position I feel most comfortable in is that of the holding midfielder, he explained.

I do not mind the Number 10 role but I prefer the holding midfielder position.

I want to go to Europe later on but at the moment I want to focus on the A-League where I hope to have another good season.

And if I stay involved with the Socceroos in the qualifiers that would be great.

Holland admitted the departure of several championship-winning players from the Jets was not ideal but was confident his team would again be very competitive.

We still have many quality players left and a quality coaching staff, he said.

Losing key players obviously is not good but at the end of the day it happens in football.

I cant wait for the start of the new season to come around. Hopefully well back it up and do well because it is going to be tough.

Holland is a young player who plays his football with passion and a maturity that belies his age.

And the open way he discussed what must have been a harrowing experience in the biggest match of his career so far shows that he is the sort of bloke who is at ease with himself and comfortable with what he's doing.

James Robert Holland is destined to go places.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Didn't bother reading most of it

Paolo

i dont hold it against him, you do what you need to to win.

But i cant stand the c**t newcastle fans who try to say it wasn't a handball.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

"If you look at it again it was always going to hit my hand even if I did not have it up there."

How can it hit your hand if it's not f**king there?  God he's dumb.  Novocastrians can have the tosser, he's too bloody stupid for us anyway.

I'm not really pissed off at him for the handball - it's no different to any of the other crap that happens in the box, and would've been no more than a brain explosion on his part (let's be realistic here - if you're going to deliberately lift your arm above your head and punch the ball away, you're a deadset idiot.  Oh, wait, this is the guy who just said that even if his hand wasn't there the ball wouldn't have hit it.  Hmm....who knows what the f**k he was trying to do then)- and one that was obvious enough that he shouldn't have gotten away with it.

I'm still pissed at the little cocksucker for the dive he took to earn the penalty in the NJ away semi though.

"I want to go to Europe later on but at the moment I want to focus on the A-League where I hope to have another good season."

Wouldn't you need to have a FIRST good season to have ANOTHER good season?  How the hell did he get into the socceroos anyway???

Bloody hell, if he can get in, then where the hell's my jersey?  fkn cat.

*runs to find phone to check for missed calls*

Bear

I say its 90+ minutes of anti holland chants it budgie, can save the positive mariners songs for the season

Omni

I concur Bear, they won't need too much encouragement to beat James Holland, Ante Covic and the Broadmeadow Under 10s or whoever they're getting to fill the squad.

Omni

No he didn't.

He said he didn't do anything if you understand the Laws of Football and read what he said.

He's a lying traitor and he's scum and deserves everything he gets from CCM fans.

Paolo

Greenpoleffc said:
No forgiveness for the judas c**t.
james james wherever you may be, not long now till lunacy
and we dont give a f**k if your hanging from a tree
cause your a judas c**t with HIV

FFC Mariner

keensy said:
Greenpoleffc said:
No forgiveness for the judas c**t.
james james wherever you may be, not long now till lunacy
and we dont give a f**k if your hanging from a tree
cause your a judas c**t with HIV

I think that sums up our feelings quite nicely

FFC Mariner

they are all in Moscow jails or rioting in SW London as we speak (according to UK media)

Headhunters = Chavski firm

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred