• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Holland joins Socceroos

Andy

The little c*nt admitted in the Daily Telegraph today that he signed with them just so he could get more first-team football.

Andy

From the dug out said:
Yeah your right, he must be one of them, how dare he look after himself.

With th article about him being all about his miraculous determination, attitude and ambition, then with quotes like those, don't you think that makes him a bit of a hypocrite.

He labels himself a "Central Coast Boy" but instead of showing his determination by staying with the club who gave him his first shot at the top level, he signs with their rivals.

Yes, he may be looking after himself, but him and his former coach shouldn't go shouting to the media bout his determination, attitude etc. when he clearly isn't prepared to stay at his local club and fight.

So F*ck him!

From the dug out

I think its sad that you look at it this way.

How do I put this?

He wasn't wanted at the Mariners, yeah they offered him some money, but he was not in there plans. How else was he to be noticed and to follow his dream off making the Olyroos.

I blame the Mariners, for not trying hard enough.

brett

What? He put pen to paper at the Mariners. That IS the Mariners wanting him.

He then said 'nah I don't want to be here' and Lawrie doesn't want players at the club with that attitude, so let him go. The Mariners can't 'try harder' than that.

We want players who love the club and have passion to play for it. For a kid at that age to snub a club like that because he might have to do a bit of work and be slightly patient for an opportunity to play, while still ranting about what a fan he is, is the source of the dislike for him.

Andy

From the dug out said:
I think its sad that you look at it this way.

How do I put this?

He wasn't wanted at the Mariners, yeah they offered him some money, but he was not in there plans. How else was he to be noticed and to follow his dream off making the Olyroos.

I blame the Mariners, for not trying hard enough.

Not trying hard enough??

Having him train with them for weeks, being the first club to offer him a contract. All the way back in the 2006 PSC. Then to offer him a contract at the start of the season, only to be knoced back because he wants to go to Europe. I don't blame him for that.

But to pretty much have the pen picked up to sign a contract then to say no and sign with their biggest rivals on the same f*cking day is un-loyal and IMO unforgivable. Plus like I said before, it clearly shows a lack of determination and patience, like Brett also said.

FFC Mariner

brett said:
What? He put pen to paper at the Mariners. That IS the Mariners wanting him.

He then said 'nah I don't want to be here' and Lawrie doesn't want players at the club with that attitude, so let him go. The Mariners can't 'try harder' than that.

We want players who love the club and have passion to play for it. For a kid at that age to snub a club like that because he might have to do a bit of work and be slightly patient for an opportunity to play, while still ranting about what a fan he is, is the source of the dislike for him.

Sounds like we had a lucky escape as he tried have sidestepped our no DH policy.

Scum tactics will be much easier for him too. Get ball to c**tface. Repeat for 90 mins.

From the dug out

Lads, nothing was signed with the Mariners.

He trained with the jets 3 weeks proir to going to Belguim. He then spent approx 2 weeks over there. He then came home as spent the next 2 weeks with the Jets before having 1, I repeat 1 training session at Blue Tongue.

Andy

From the dug out said:

He trained with the jets 3 weeks proir to going to Belguim. He then spent approx 2 weeks over there. He then came home as spent the next 2 weeks with the Jets before having 1, I repeat 1 training session at Blue Tongue.

That short-term contract he signed during the PSC says differently.

Bear

People who dont understand why we hate him obviously have no idea what it means to us. How many players leave Liverpool to Everton? West Ham to Millwall? Rangers to Celtic? Athletico to Real? Not bloody many. I understand that this league, and our rivalry, is NOTHING compared to that of the teams I mentioned, yet. But in 50 years time, I, and most people on here, will remember the 1st little c**t to backstab the Mariners, and will still hate him.

Holland, go get f**ked you worthless piece of shit.

Andy

Bearinator said:
People who dont understand why we hate him obviously have no idea what it means to us. How many players leave Liverpool to Everton? West Ham to Millwall? Rangers to Celtic? Athletico to Real? Not bloody many. I understand that this league, and our rivalry, is NOTHING compared to that of the teams I mentioned, yet. But in 50 years time, I, and most people on here, will remember the 1st little c**t to backstab the Mariners, and will still hate him.

x2.  :goodpost:

M4L

Andy said:
Bearinator said:

I couldn't agree more :goodpost:

dibo

Andy said:
From the dug out said:

That short-term contract he signed during the PSC says differently.

not only that, as i understand it there was a belief within the club from top to bottom that he was going to sign and gave every indication that he would. then whether the initiative was through him being a dishonest little c**t or by his agent pulling swifties his name was on a contract with the jets barely hours later. i gather the folks on the inside of our club were as surprised as we were.

he can get f**ked.

Bear

And futher to that dibo, 442 website ran the story that he had signed with us the afternoon he trained with us, only for it to be pulled within an hour, and replaced with the story that we had missed our chance to sign him as he had signed with the scum later that night. So either some reported saw him training with us and called 442, or someone from our club informed 442 that he was signing for us, only to stab us. c**t.

Deej

From the dug out said:

you are spot on............but Holland was offered a contract at the start of V3 (as an U20), but his agent said I can get you better overseas.  Had no luck (surprise surprise must be a great agent), got an opportunity at Newcastle for 3 or 4 games and then f**ked off back overseas.  Again it didn't work out, so came home and LAWRIE gave him another chance, Holland threw it back in his face........I doubt we'll ever see Holland wearing a Mariners shirt whilst Lawrie is still in charge!

Anyway, conversation over, some people on here choose to not like him and some people do...........simple as that, rivalry is good.

Omni

he's a dickhead, although the reason he chose the scummers is because he'd get more chance at Newcastle (ie. they're crap).

But yes, he's a wanker end of.

ie making the socceroos squad???

so you haven't beaten a "crap team" in 2 years ey?

He's a great young player and understand yas not likeing him. He came to newy for better oppurtunities whether yous think thats because we are crap or not but it has landed him with a spot in the national team and greater exposure. Something he wouldn't have got at the mariners.

Omni

He's the one that basically said that Newcastle are crap ;)

He hasn't made any national team yet, if he's in the 18 he has.

marc

holland has worn the captains arm band for the young socceroo's once or twice and played many times, so he's had quite a bit of international experience at that level.

theres a slight.. i repeat, slight chance that me could get a bench position, if anyone is familiar with Pim Verbeek's coaching history he has tended to go with young, promising athletic talents. He likes to blood players for the future and see what they are capable of. But its highly unlikely he will get his first international socceroos cap this qualifying campaign.

And with the whole "hate him/dont hate him, traitor/non-traitor" thing, i think thats all bullshit.

For those who decide to get so passionate about him signing for the jets i say chill out. You'd do the same thing, he's hot property, young, fit and talented.

He NEEDS game time, thus why he went with the jets, and not with us. He simply would not have got the time he needed in the mariners mid-field. Not disimiliar to how Merrick has under-used Kaz Patafta at the victory.

He's a local boy, with a massive future in the world game, and i for one, as passionate a mariners fan as the next bloke, say GOOD LUCK.

(Except in the two legs of the semi-finals, and any other games against the mariners.)

From the dug out

Well put Marc

I have stood up for him in the past and will continue to do so. He has done alot to support his home club of Budgewoi. The club also hosts the FNSW academy squads including the self funded "Johnny Warren Program". 99% of these kids come from Central Coast clubs. The academy is where kids from 7 through to 14 train on technic and ball mastery, 3 times a week.

James is a talent, hopefully he will continue to grow and reach his potential. If he does I know he will make it overseas in a couple of years and play for the Socceroos.

I do understand where the lads are coming from with the loyalty thing and I respect that. If I make comment (if I disagree) with anyone, it is only my opinion against yours. I am happy we can talk without calling each other what this young man has been call on this site.

I encourage anyone who can take the time to look up Budgewoi's website on  www.budgewoifc.com.au

Go into the Junior Development link, and see what I am trying to say.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred