• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

History of the Socceroos Jersey

Sean

Here is a leak of what is proposed to be Australia's 2010 World Cup jersey.

Discuss or in my case, Berate (for now as it could improve), but before you do please check out where we have come to get to this point.

Australia-73-unknown-yellow-black-white-low.JPG

Australia-74-unknown-yellow-green-white.JPG

Australia-90-HomeBlk.gif

Forum Phoenix

Good thread Sean...
BUT Please, please tell me you are joking?

The shirts when you look though have, by and large, shown a decent progression.
This shirt looks like something straight out of Best and Less imo.

Though the pie eating Hernadez mannequin doesn't do it any favours.
Bloody hilarious!

You can see the reasoning of the execs I guess...

* Exec Presenting to the board*

"Look, really, think about it, only 23 odd people with Athletic bodies are guaranteed to wear these... Whereas, if you think we'll probably sell a hundred thousand odd to supporters who look something a lot more like this!!

Looking through at them again, this kit would be in my bottom five.
And to compare it to shirts of 20 odd years ago is not exactly unfair.

Sean

I like how the mannequin has love handles, looking after the modern football fan.

Let's just pray its a bloody prototype.

dibo

Tell me your first reaction to the 05 jersey wasn't the same?

For mine, it's fugly but I love it because of what we achieved in it.

If we achieve something magic in it then I'm sure you'll think no ill of it.

serious14

Nah man, I really like the design.  I obviously love the '06 one for the reasons you stated, but it's just a _bit_ bare.

kevrenor

I've had the word that Nike are working on classic designs:

images

socceroosspewtopmy0.jpg

Chunder down under

AusVid41.jpg

Tragedy strip

images

Retro

~Floss~

IMO I dislike all except '74 & '06.

I would love 2010 to keep this tradition alive, but if that's our strip for this WC I'll buy a '74 instead

dru

If it has a proper crest on it I'll consider buying it, 05 is my favourite for that reason. Regret buying the 06 one for the printed on crest and it has only ever been used for indoor.

98-99 reminds me of a certain strip though.

LFCMariners

It's a pity that the '06 one has the Nike logo embroidered but the crest is printed. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has found that, with a few washes, the silver drained from the emu and it is now a white bird instead?

Jimmy

My fav is the 03 jersy.
The one we beat England 3-1 in.
Was a great material too.

If they are the new jersys, I think they've just made it a lot harder for fans to seperate with money to get one.
In saying that, I will probably get one with WC badges etc on it.

Forum Phoenix

Those pics look vastly better than the others.
Colours especially but the stripe no longer looks flat etc...
Not unhappy with those at all, especially after seeing the fat dodgy mannequin ones first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred