• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hey andy harper football expert

C

C U JIMMY

Andy Harper , master of the superlatives and football expert,  tonights classic,  Noel Spencer is in midfield for the Jets he is a very very good footballer says Andy,  so bad he was hooked shortly after halftime against ten men,  Andy Andy Andy,  expert,  think again,  why do you think we got shot of him and he can't command a regular start for the jets,  wont work,  can't create anything,  and you think he is a very very good footballer, you got to be kidding.  :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

Andy

The most idiotic comment of the night belongs to Joel Griffiths.

"I can't stop scoring. Everything I touch seems to turn to gold.......... I think I should have had a few more though"

fish

the man is a moron, surely those in charge at Fox actually listen to the call and cringe when he opens his mouth he thinks a cliche is an opinion f**king muppet

northernspirit

its not just that but he always minces his words and has to correct himself, bit like robbie slater who himself cant string a sentence together without farking it up lol

Rubbernose

Andy farken Harper. I used to really like this bloke, even at the start of this season I didn't mind him in his role of merely running the Total Football show.

But after almost a season of listening to him both on that and commentating, I now cannot stand even looking at the nauseating, bowling ball headed twat.

Never mind the fact that he used to be the Chief Executive of Sydney FC, never mind the fact he is a walking cliche, never mind the fact every second thing that comes out of his mouth is just plain wrong and/or annoying, never mind the irritating hyperbole and over the top fake excitement levels reached when someone puts a piddly shot 3 metres wide...

But his Sydney FC love-in bias is now truly absurd and offensive, to me, as is his sickly love of several other sacred pets he lavishes over (like Joel Griffiths and Archie Thompson). And what has really riled me the most is his obvious yet subtle belittling and condescending attitude towards the Mariners (as well as just about everyone at Foxtel actually). It's f**king ridiculous and shows that it quite obviously annoys the hell out of him that the Mariners have been atop the ladder for just about all of the season.

I never used to whine about this type of stuff but that c**t and his bum chums down at Fox HQ have finally cracked me.

Sack the lot of them, and replace them with people who aren't such tedious bias cockheads. TIA.

northernspirit

theyre not all bad at fox, i think Simon Hill, Ange Postecoglu and Paul Trimboli are all fair (ok Trimmers maybe a little biased towards Melbourne but he says it as it is not how he wants it).

But Harper, Slater and Cockerill are all Sydney biased driven. Cockerill writes for the Sydney Morning Herald FFS.

ryan

Harper also has a large Newcastle bias. He is unable to comment on either Sydney, Newcastle or Mariners games objectively

northernspirit

that is true too, im sure he used to play for the newcastle breakers in the old NSL, needless to say Harper was a shite player in his day lol

kevrenor

Yes he did. In partnership with John Buonavoglia they scored goals - leading up to the infamous game with entry to the finals at stake when Harper missed, not one, but two penalties, not by cm, but by miles wide!  :vomit:

His treacherous part in the demise of the Breakers is not forgotten, eh Mr Celery!  :fireup: :redcard: :popo: :soapbox:

Ex Marconi, he also played for Brisbane Strikers in the NSL where he was called OHY - or old half a yard - half a yard too slow! 
--------------------------------------
Harper, Andrew
Date of Birth: 13-May-67, Sydney, New South Wales
Position: Striker

Playing Record
Junior Club: St. Ives
1988 - St. George (NSL)
1989 - St. George (NSL) 11 app + 12 sub. 1 gls.
1989/90 - St. George (NSL)

1994/5 - Marconi (NSL) 12 app + 1 sub. 3 gls.
1995/6 - Marconi (NSL) 30 app + 0 sub. 15 gls.
1996/7 - Marconi (NSL) 26 app + 0 sub. 8 gls.
1997/8 - Brisbane Strikers (NSL)
1998/9 - Brisbane Strikers (NSL) 15 app + 2 sub. 2 gls.
1999/00 - Newcastle Breakers (NSL) 31 app. 6 gls.
2000/1 - Newcastle United (NSL) 17 app. 3 gls.

Source: http://www.ozfootball.net/

marinersman

I lived in Brisbane for the two years Harper was at the Strikers.

I went to all the matches at Suncorp and I can tell you the fans hated him. He was abused every minute he was on the pitch. They thought he was useless and I must admit he was pretty bad for them.

He missed some absolute sitters. It wasn't good.

Rubbernose

northernspirit said:
theyre not all bad at fox, i think Simon Hill, Ange Postecoglu and Paul Trimboli are all fair (ok Trimmers maybe a little biased towards Melbourne but he says it as it is not how he wants it).

But Harper, Slater and Cockerill are all Sydney biased driven. Cockerill writes for the Sydney Morning Herald FFS.

Absolutely agree, it's the Harper/Cockerill/Slater trio which get me all riled up. And that trio also appear to get the most airtime.

Jolly_Roger

On the subject of commentators, does anyone know what ever happened to Paul Williams on SBS?? He disappeared off the radar about the time of the world cup in korea several years ago.

Tassiemariner

Jolly_Roger said:
On the subject of commentators, does anyone know what ever happened to Paul Williams on SBS?? He disappeared off the radar about the time of the world cup in korea several years ago.

Can't remember him but i found a Paul williams who is currently the Producer of Insight on SBS??

marinersman

Jolly_Roger said:
On the subject of commentators, does anyone know what ever happened to Paul Williams on SBS?? He disappeared off the radar about the time of the world cup in korea several years ago

He hosts "Football Fever" on 2KY every Sunday night at 9.00.

kevrenor

marinersman said:
Jolly_Roger said:
On the subject of commentators, does anyone know what ever happened to Paul Williams on SBS?? He disappeared off the radar about the time of the world cup in korea several years ago

He hosts "Football Fever" on 2KY every Sunday night at 9.00

Yes, I see him at media conferences and he does a range of media work. He was severely ill for some years which took him away from the pressure of being in front of cameras.

fedelta

marinersman said:
He hosts "Football Fever" on 2KY every Sunday night at 9.00.

With Damien Lovelock. That guy is a fool. Last time i listened to Football Fever he was rambling on about how good Cleberson was.  ???

marinersman

I can't stand Ange Postocoglu (sp?). His commentating is as bad as he was a coach.

For someone who coached underage national teams for seven years or whatever it was, he's comments lack any insight and he doesn't see anything else during a game more than what we all do.

He should, by all rights, have an excellent Football brain and should be able to offer real expert commentary.

serious14

marinersman said:
I can't stand Ange Postocoglu (sp?)  He should, by all rights, have an excellent Football brain and should be able to offer real expert commentary.

You'd think so wouldn't you??    Just remember you are talking about the man who nearly singly handedly destroyed youth football in this country.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred