• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Help Write Season Preview

Bear

Jesus said:
Aloi$i didnt score in games we won, unlike petrovski and kwassie. Kwas will be more missed for goals.

"Kwas will be more missed for goals" thats the worst comment iv ever read

Adam Kwa$nik, 62 games for 15 Goals
John Aloi$i, 15 games for 7 goals

I know who id rather have  ::)

"Aloi$i didnt score in games we won" and thats a close second

Round 12 Adelaide United FC at home, '49 J. Aloi$i (pen) '59, J. Aloi$i 2-0 win
Round 16 Adelaide United FC away, '23 J. Aloi$i,  '49 S. Petrovski, '71 P. Agostino 2-1 win
Round 21 Wellington Phoenix FC at home, '52 J. Aloi$i, '90+4 A. Kwa$nik 2-0

So to summarise, 4 of his 7 goals won us games

Research perhaps?....

Jesus

Jesus
Bearinator said:
Jesus said:
Aloi$i didnt score in games we won, unlike petrovski and kwassie. Kwas will be more missed for goals.

Round 16 Adelaide United FC away, '23 J. Aloi$i,  '49 S. Petrovski, '71 P. Agostino 2-1 win

Research perhaps?....

I had heard read that stat towards the end of last season. Obviously they were wrong. My apologies.

That said i stand by the first quote :)

dibo

Bearinator said:
Jesus said:

Research perhaps?....

unlike aloisi, kwasnik wasn't going to cost $1.4 mill. he was never going to stay, we were never in the game. kwasnik i'm not so sure.

Auburn Mariner

My own thoughts here, NOT from anywhere else but my boof head:

1. CCMFC: We may make the Top 4. Jedinak is crucial to our chances, and we need to make the most of his skills, as he will outta here sooner rather than later. Petrovski will enjoy being No.1 instead of having JA around.

Simon must score, simple as that. He has improved his body strength gradually, and he must stay on his feet at all times to be a constant threat.

Look for Caceres and Elrich to give us width and penetration down the flanks, similar to when SP and Kwassie were at their best.

Heff needs to tackle and get tackled HARD to get some confidence; watch Muscat make a beeline for him in the fist 60 seconds when we play the Tards.

2. Sydney FC: will score goals aplenty, but can they stop them? No Rudan, Zadkovich or Milligan, and Popovic is almost as old and ugly as me (I said "almost"). Corica will make the most of his last season in sky blue before he goes home as captain/assistant coach of the Northern Thunder. Bridge, Aloisi & Brosque will be a real menace, leading to high-scoring and well-attended games at the Sydney Football Stadium (great for the League if this happens).

3. Queensland: will make the top 4. Young, quick, well-drilled, and overdue for success. Will miss the Oggy-Dog bigtime, however.

4. Adelaide: Premiers. Very hard to beat at the back, confident after a successful ACL campaign. Hindmarsh will be a graveyard for most teams.

5. Wellington: a chance at the 4. Have recruited well, have a great supporter base and a superb stadium in the Caketin. Must pick up three points at least twice on the mainland to be a chance. Smeltz is their talisman, and it will be interesting to see how Kwasnik slots in. Durante to give much-needed stability at the back.

6. Perth: no. Will struggle eastside.

7. Newcastle: surprisingly, for the champions, an unknown quantity. Will have to deal with everyone being hungry to beat them. A voracious CCMFC play them twice in New Lambton, the second on Boxing Day, which will massive on and off the park, following on directly from the traditional Boxing Day Races at Broadmeadow (not a day for the feint-hearted).

Can Griffo not get the red cards he deserves, can Adam Griffiths continue his massive progress, who will fill Durante's shoes? Will miss Bridge more than Musialik.

Hopefully, the people of the Hunter support them in droves and make the NISC the loud, packed fortress it can be.

8. Melbourne: A big question mark. Muscat has not got much more time left until he inevitably takes over from Merrick. Danny Allsopp, a donkey to some, he really has to step up. Tommy P gives them some class. Archie needs a big year. Rodrigo Vargas is an excellent defender, and Theo is just about the No.1 keeper in the country who is not suspended.

In summary, CCMFC, Qld, Adelaide & SFC to make the four, SFC on goal difference ONLY from a charging Phoenix.

Adelaide to be premiers and grand-finallists at the magnificent Football Park. Can't split the other three for the other GF spot, so us, after extra time and penalties at Lang Park.

tuftman

Thats pretty much the perfect summary, much of the season though depends on injuries and suspensions with small squads as the A-League has. Will Sydney be top heavy with $trikers?

serious14

Watch for Sydney to continue to play shit house defensive football, even with a squad as good as theirs.  Also watch for them to deploy two DM's (*angry face*), and _also_ watch for Aloi$i to play up front by himself whilst Bridge rots on the bench.

Since the media cares not for any other team, methinks that's the perfect season preview right there for the Telegraph to use....... Sydney-centric.  ;)

skilbeck

For Melbourne I think their Brazillian Chonburi transfer will step up and displace Allsopp from the side

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred