• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Heart V Mariners

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It wasn't even a good loss - it was immensely frustrating to watch, just so many cheap turnovers, unforced errors - passes straight to them and through balls/crosses straight to nobody.

With a huge crowd there to support Kuol - and many of these fans hadn't been to a game before, so it's a shame for that to be their introduction. Hope they stick around.

Kuol was very quiet tonight - but he has been for a few games now.

turbo

Just caught up. Completely deserved result tonight and outplayed across the park. Don’t care to break down the goals or even rage about the non penalty - what I care about is how bloody terrible we were on the ball. Honestly find some f**king feet!

Simon and Urena looked old and should have been hooked at half time. You can’t play 65 minutes with so little going forward and it was a big part in the second goal. Staj got that wrong IMO and I haven’t yelled at my tv like that for a while.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

We keep putting him on in front of a tired team with minimal service. Can’t expect miracle from the kid with half a chance.
Mmm, true.

Tonight I think we had....maybe 1 shot on target? Maybe another 2 that were so far away from goal that they didn't really deserve to be counted as shots....

If you're taking so few shots, you're doing something drastically wrong. Heck, in these conditions you want to pepper the keeper - most keepers will make a mistake at some point.

Forum Phoenix

That's because we put Ballard into the fire without any training during the week. Janota or Niz should have been in that midfield tonight. With the ball he showed he is fairly capable but defensively I think he was all at sea. Didn't help either that Boz didn't have a great game but he's earned a sub par performance with his absolutely amazing first 10 games.
Exactly this for mine. Ballard was a very poor choice to start by Staj. And a very odd one given you have Bouman and Janota to come in with Nisbet playing so well in DM last week?? Ballard was ok on the ball a couple of times, though like many in our side gave it away as well, but he struggled defensively - you can't just cruise when tracking back ala previous years of Clisby and let players goal side of you - not at this level. But seriously, it's just a f**king crazy game to put a fledgling in isn't it? And Boz beside him, had a shocker by his standards. They targeted him and it worked.

City were clearly far too good. We all know that. But what I'm really disappointed by is that was the first time we really played like we were scared and made a lot of unforced errors. No training must have impacted. But, regardless, for some things there is no excuse. We were not physical enough, not gritty and determined, nowhere near enough confidence or belief and our movement off the ball was poor.

We're not a stay calm and our quality will eventually click in and overwhelm the opposition team. That is not how we have won any of our games - bar a ten man Welly which is different thing. We out hustled, out fought and out competed and then on top of it played some good football. Now we seem to think we can just skip all of the first and just play good football. We can't.

We need to get back to what we were doing well and build off that or we won't regain our earlier form imo and will likely lose games to worse sides than City. Some more energy up front would also be nice. They look tired to me.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Just caught up. Completely deserved result tonight and outplayed across the park. Don’t care to break down the goals or even rage about the non penalty - what I care about is how bloody terrible we were on the ball. Honestly find some f**king feet!

Simon and Urena looked old and should have been hooked at half time. You can’t play 65 minutes with so little going forward and it was a big part in the second goal. Staj got that wrong IMO and I haven’t yelled at my tv like that for a while.
100% this for me too.

AuzDutchy

i imagine we were unable to properly train all week leading into it, on top of last weeks conditions taking a toll on the group. Ballard starting was probably the wrong decision but whats done is done now, Ballard will be better for the minutes and experience.

we had a terribly off night across the park, passes not sticking and too many sloppy turn overs. If our worst performance of the season against the form team only ends 2-0 then are we really that bad at the moment?

Ironbark

They were so much hungrier and nipping at us everywhere. That was us at the start the season but it’s gone away.

Got murdered in the midfield. Terrible turnovers and way to much ball watching. We got caught waiting for the ball so many times and they just ran in and took it while we waited and watched

City were very good
That assessment was bang on

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Oh also, f**k Ticketek. Their box offices were only handling members enquiries- you had to go online for a ticket.
But, the checkout was down. Kept timing out.
They did let me buy it at the office eventually, but i missed the start.
Also, security confiscated a ccm fan vuvuzela because "no instruments", yet The Terrace had a trumpet

Wombat

Another clisby turn over, another goal.
He should have killed that play and took the foul that was about to be blown. There was no one in front of him to join that attack so the only way was to dribble through the whole team. Just ridiculous.

TBF to Clisby that was our problem all night. No one wanted the ball in the attacking third. If you dont show yourself who is he going to pass too?????

Wombat

I thought Janota played well

Has quality BUT one moment about 70 min mark REALLY pissed me off. Nigro was on a run and as usual in this game our attack was invisible but Janota just had to move less than 2 metres to show and recieve the ball in a dangerous spot. He hid and a simple pass wasn't made. Nigro lost the pall and within 5 seconds they had the ball in our box.
That shit is NOT on.
Janota was not the only one btw.

Wombat

FP gave the best analysis of this game.

In my opinion we were shit, for the first time this season. The main reason we were probably overmatched skillwise and when they out hustled and out worked us what other result could possibly happen???

They basically bullied us. Our Midfield was dreadful and Simon and Urena looked toothless and old. We need 1 old and 1 young upfront.

Old man Griff still looked excellent and dominated us.

Look at the purpose and drive Nabbout has when he has the ball. We should be made to watch that all week.

Birraz and Rowles were excellent. The FB's were not that bad. DDS and Niz got a 6/10. Everyone else was 5/10 or below.

Slow, lazy, insipid Football. The movement off the ball was criminal.

true believer

All 4 fullbacks bringing the ball well forward.

I would say Staj said go for it and make something happen.
And we got punished instead.
Not necessarily Clisbys fault, they have all lost the ball multiple times tonight.
indeed clisby was having a go . we had no midfield all night .

true believer

They were so much hungrier and nipping at us everywhere. That was us at the start the season but it’s gone away.

Got murdered in the midfield. Terrible turnovers and way to much ball watching. We got caught waiting for the ball so many times and they just ran in and took it while we waited and watched

City were very good
nailed it

true believer

WE were simply out played all over the park... if not for Rowles & Brigi it would have been a very heavy defeat...

Two things stood out for me tonight, first our first choice strikers are by comparison to most other teams slow.

Second they closed down Olly, with Olly closed down we struggled to hold shape ...
they definitely made a point of that and without stens easily physical overwhelmed us.
to big , to fast ,to good everywhere on the park

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami