• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Heading off to Chang Mai and Ko Samui soon with the family.

Wombat

The Big Buddha (overlooking Karon beach) is well worth a visit.
The Green Man is a top pub for a beer and a feed. Close by is a shooting range and a good go-kart track.
Phuket zoo is great but a bit depressing as some of the cages are ordinary....but the monkey show was very good.
Also head up to the hills for some Elephant trecks and maybe some quad bikes.
All activities you can haggle for a discount when you pre book.
Mauy Thai is a must see. There are 3 stadiums.....locals tell me Old Phuket town has the best fights.
Bangla rd is a must see but....if Pommies approach you with free scratch cards....don't bother as everyone is a winner and they just trying to get you to go to a time share presentation.
Phi phi island and James Bond islands are fantastic and if you are keen kayak through limestone the caves it awesome.
I always tip massage people and others. 20baht is enough to make em smile

Do you like real Thai food? Let me know Stay away from the Italian on the northern end of Patong beach as it is disgracefully expensive.

true believer

thanks wombat .if i had a chance i'd go to the mauy thai every day
same with the food . i'd eat thai everyday .the boy is real good too.
but i can't see the girls eating much besides Pad See Ew
i'll make sure i have a wod of twenties

thanks again its a great start.

Wombat

there are 2 thai restaurants that you have to queue to get into....(a lot of the western style thai food was shite) Aoy from East Gosford is from Phuket so I will get the name of the good restaurants for u

Last edited:

Wombat

There are some really good Gyms for training in Phuket. I trained at Kata beach but if your lad fancies a couple of hours training I will check with my son who he recommends. At 14yo it can be a really good experience in humility and respect for other cultures.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb