• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Happy Invasion Day!!!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I just thought I'd be the first person to celebrate our national day of bogan pride (well, it seems to have been hijacked by racist redneck bogans anyway) by wishing you all - HAPPY INVASION DAY!!!!!

FFC Mariner

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I just thought I'd be the first person to celebrate our national day of bogan pride (well, it seems to have been hijacked by racist redneck bogans anyway) by wishing you all - HAPPY INVASION DAY!!!!!

Gus, how dare you criticise my right as a white Australian to get blind drunk, debase the flag by draping it around my body and be a social nuisance.

Thats what football is for lol

marinermick

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:

Ironically today is Republic Day in India - the day they celebrate being independant from British tyranny. We are celebrating the opposite.

dibo

we're about to hop in the sloop and head to the coastline of a great southern land and annoy the locals, i hope all other dinki-di aussies are doing the same.

FFC Mariner

Oops

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/mourning-day/2009/01/25/1232818247982.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

WITHIN minutes of accepting the Australian of the Year award yesterday, the indigenous leader Mick Dodson told the Rudd Government it needed to move the date of Australia Day because January 26 represented a "day of mourning" for many of his people.

Redline

FFC Mariner said:
Oops

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/mourning-day/2009/01/25/1232818247982.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

WITHIN minutes of accepting the Australian of the Year award yesterday, the indigenous leader Mick Dodson told the Rudd Government it needed to move the date of Australia Day because January 26 represented a "day of mourning" for many of his people.

I wish they'd get over it.

FFC Mariner

Yes, I can see your point here.

Invaded, genocide, stolen generations

Toughen the f**k up Aborigines and get over it  :headbutt:

Redline

If and when we become a republic, and I'm not sure where I stand on that point, then yes, absolutely we should get rid of Australia day, and have Republic Day or whatever we end up calling it.

Auburn Mariner

I think our National Day should be Anzac Day. Plain and simple. As the ad says, 26 January is a day to watch the cricket from the Adelaide Oval and the tennis at Melbourne Park.

Toughen up Aborigines, jeez, that's a big call. Not sure what to think of that one.

I've been to the worst slums in Bourke and Dubbo, I would not wish that on anyone. Substance abuse is endemic, unfortunately. Alice Springs and places like Wadeye are plain frightening, especially for adolescents. Not all Kooris agree with Dodson, it should be noted. Warren Mundine and Noel Pearson certainly do not.

I am pro-Republic, but I reckon we have bigger issues than that to address in this country. The economic downturn, NSW being stuffed by the current State Govt, when to get the hell out of the Middle East, these are more important IMHO.

dibo

i'd rather not go to anzac day. i'd rather republic day, and i'd rather it be some time in the spring where the weather's good and there's a shortage of public holidays (i'm serious with that last bit BTW - we've got heaps early in the year between oz day, easter, anzac day and then queen's bday).

if anything, i think australia day is historically significant enough to warrant staying, it's just that there should be a bit more understanding of what it means for the indigenous people of the land as well. queen's birthday is the one i'd f**k off to the hills at no notice.

Tassiemariner

Keep Australia Day (keep 85% of the population happy)
Make sorry day a public holiday (Keep the other 15% of the population happy)
Place even more emphasis on ANZAC day.
Scrap Queens birthday (it's not even her real birthday FFS)

Sym

silly ppl

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

OI OI OI

Why even debate such an awesome day as Australia day

serious14

Invasion by the British................................................................ backpackers.

;D

Arabmariner

Foriegnmariner said:
Scrap Queens birthday (it's not even her real birthday FFS)
And the funny thing is we never used to get a holiday for this in the UK.

I think it's an Aussie thing isn't it?

You know....public holidays for the Queens "not her real" birthday,public holidays for horse races etc

And then everyone has to take their quota of sickies aswell lol

I think you should all get over having holidays and get back to work ya lazy sods!!!!

:p

dibo

because the british (rock up late, 3 pints at lunch and knock off early) are renowned for their stunning work ethic. :p

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
dibo said:
because the british (rock up late, 3 pints at lunch and knock off early) are renowned for their stunning work ethic. :p

yep, and their economy is rocking at the moment
Cos the hard workers are all out here!

But we can't get much work done because of all the public holidays and sickies!

:p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred