• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL Round Two

FFC Mariner

Tipped the draw so happy with that but I would have loved to see the scum take the loss they deserved. Cant defend, fluke goals and a penalty that wasnt - more class officiating.

They just fluked a point against us last week and I cant remember too many worse performances from us. Perth tried hard but are a v poor side IMHo and they should have lost. Scum are in trouble in V4.

The new Jardel put in another class performance and should have been sent off for his lunge at Harnwell (?)

Bear

marinersman said:
Make no mistake, they will be very hard to beat at home this season.

lol, somehow I think that wont be the case. Every team can have a good game from time to time

dibo

marinersman said:
I am gutted for Perth. Scum were very, very licky. A penalty that was not, a defected goal and then the final kick of the game. Glory were marginally the better side and deserved to win. The Brazilian Amaral (sp, too lazy to look his name up) was the MOM.

All in all, a good effort from Glory. Just hope it brings more through the gate after that. Make no mistake, they will be very hard to beat at home this season.

at the end of that match i felt empty, almost like it was us losing the match.

it's partly because i *really* hate the scum, partly because perth did really well and played some beautiful footy.

i was saying to brett that if they stuck the win, they'd have 2k more through the gate the next home game. as the equaliser went in brett just said "well there goes 2k from next week's crowd", and he's probably right.

jammy f**king scummers...

penalty from outside. it was a foul, but it was outside and it was barely a tap so c**tface should've kept his feet and scored - it would've served him right if he had to take a free kick from outside and missed. never mind.

song's goal was deserved even if the deflection was maybe lucky. i reckon it would've gone in at the left post regardless.

then north's goal was ludicrously jammy, broken play, an appalling defensive header and then juric was just nowhere...

meanwhile adam griffiths scythes down trinidad, trinidad finishes from the spot.

dadi meets one of the best crosses i've seen in this league (probably since we were the masters of the cross and header in the first season of the new league) with an equally good header.

rukavytsya puts a disappointing olympics behind him with a great run on to a through ball and a sweet sweet near post finish...

they *so* deserved the match, and it was so disappointing that they didn't get to keep 3 points.

Mariner Girl

Feel very sorry for Perth, they totally deserved to win last night and played some great attacking fooball.

As for the Scummers - just showed they have more arse than class. :p

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

They won the grand final on an arsey-goal, and displayed a distinct lack of class by starting that big confrontation at the end.

It was very disheartening to see the draw.  Not just because we like to see Jets lose, but I'd like to see Perth win.  They're a bit like Wellington and South Sydney Rabbitohs (sorry to use NRL in the same sentence as HAL, but it helps to demonstrate my point) - they're so rubbish that you always find yourself kinda hoping they win :p

But struth, how rubbish was Perth's own goal?

marinersman

Bearinator said:
marinersman said:

lol, somehow I think that wont be the case. Every team can have a good game from time to time

You can laugh, but I don't think any side enjoys going to Perth. I think they have the makings of their best team in the HAL yet. Of course they're still well behind the pack, but they are no easy beats. From what I've seen in their first two games they've recruited well and will be very competitive.

I hope thay do well this season for the sake of the league. 

Arabmariner

marinersman said:
Bearinator said:
marinersman said:

You can laugh, but I don't think any side enjoys going to Perth. I think they have the makings of their best team in the HAL yet. Of course they're still well behind the pack, but they are no easy beats. From what I've seen in their first two games they've recruited well and will be very competitive.

I hope thay do well this season for the sake of the league. 
Perth were much better to watch than we have been so far and I agree. I think it will be a difficult place to pick up points at this season.

The way we are playing I wouldn't be slagging off anyone else at the moment.

marinermick

Arabmariner said:
Crowd at Wellington  6,110..............wtf??

Ours doesn't look bad now does it?

torrential rain and less than ten degrees

hats off to those who actually made it

marinermick

[sigh], another goal to charlie miller and another chance to contemplete how we could have so easily signed him

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:

Didn't see the game so didn't see the weather and yeah not being critical of them that went.

marinermick

Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:

Didn't see the game so didn't see the weather and yeah not being critical of them that went.

they could hardly kick the ball as the pitch was so water-logged

Alicia

marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:

they could hardly kick the ball as the pitch was so water-logged

Yeah I saw that Mick.  They'd kick the ball, and it would just stop dead.

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
[sigh], another goal to charlie miller and another chance to contemplete how we could have so easily signed him
He's ex DUFC aswell as Rangers and several other clubs.

From what mates back in Dundee have told me he'd have trouble with any "no dickhead" policy.

marinermick

Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:

From what mates back in Dundee have told me he'd have trouble with any "no dickhead" policy.

the rangers fans i know adore him

many have said the same thing about sasho, elrich and co but the culture the mariners have very much prevent any dickheadness to emerge

FFC Mariner

doesnt Miller like the "odd" drinkie poo??

Shebangabang looked like wooden spooners. Qld are easily beatable if we just play it tight next week

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:

the rangers fans i know adore him

many have said the same thing about sasho, elrich and co but the culture the mariners have very much prevent any dickheadness to emerge
Yeah I know...he was popular with the fans at Unted as well.

Top player for us although we were a poor side at the time aswell....a stand out in a poor team at the time.

And yeah maybe there's no where on the coast to go and be a dickhead lol!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred