• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL Round 7

Atomic

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the following headline in the Sydney Morning Herald:

"Sun shines then the clouds roll in for luckless premiers"

It was a match report on the Scum v SheepSaggers... and NOT about the Premiers... i.e. US. A reminder to Mr Hassett... we are the Premiers!

dibo

Newieutd said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Harpers gushing praise of Zura is quite sickening really. The guy is shit, face facts

Zura played a very good game. Harper praising kind of ruined it for me.

Zura looked like he wanted to be there, and looked to get the ball and then do something with it. In that regard he was one of Newcastles best. He was still some way short of Elrich the younger, who Id sign in a heartbeat leaving aside the goal he was persistently threatening again. Lollerskates at Matt Thompson though!

Atomic said:
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the following headline in the Sydney Morning Herald:

"Sun shines then the clouds roll in for luckless premiers"

It was a match report on the Scum v SheepSaggers... and NOT about the Premiers... i.e. US. A reminder to Mr Hassett... we are the Premiers!

It's the subeditor that writes the headlines, very rarely the journo. Hassett's a football person, he'd know the difference.

~Floss~

dibo said:
Lollerskates at Matt Thompson though!

Hmm... remember Porter in Rd1? Same patch of grass, same stage of the game, similar situation.

How do you spell the sound of the Twighlight Zone theme? (do-do do-do, do-do do-do....)

Omni

That was an hilarious penalty, what the heck was he doing! Scummers lucky though, should have been more for the Nux.

Nice work from patafta to steal Zura's goal!

marinermick

Omni said:

If you look at the replay closely Zura actually heads the all in Patafta's direction so it was quite a deliberate assist.

I still thought Zura was pish though. He just had one of his better games which is not saying much as he was coming from a super low level. If he can only have that much of a minimal impact against the Nix then there really is no hope for him.

People have to realise that he is being paid marquee wages as a striker and has not had even one decent attempt on target. Still, better value than Aloisi or Agostino this season.

dibo

marinermick said:
Omni said:

If you look at the replay closely Zura actually heads the all in Patafta's direction so it was quite a deliberate assist.

I still thought Zura was pish though. He just had one of his better games which is not saying much as he was coming from a super low level. If he can only have that much of a minimal impact against the Nix then there really is no hope for him.

People have to realise that he is being paid marquee wages as a striker and has not had even one decent attempt on target. Still, better value than Aloi$i or Agostino this season.

is it just me or did we get ludicrously lucky with aloisi last year?

he was playing on one leg then, we had to reshape our entire attack and our win-loss record went backwards with him in the team compared to without, but all the same he scored 7 in 15 - something that he hasn't done since his glory days at osasuna - and tended to draw players to his back.

marinermick

dibo said:
marinermick said:
Omni said:

People have to realise that he is being paid marquee wages as a striker and has not had even one decent attempt on target. Still, better value than Aloi$i or Agostino this season.

is it just me or did we get ludicrously lucky with Aloi$i last year?

he was playing on one leg then, we had to reshape our entire attack and our win-loss record went backwards with him in the team compared to without, but all the same he scored 7 in 15 - something that he hasn't done since his glory days at osasuna - and tended to draw players to his back.

didn't he score 7 in his first eight games or something?

as his knee got worse and his whinging to referees increased he didn't plug any away

T

He also taught Matty Simon a fair bit and drew the defenders...... but I think we got the last of the decent play from him.

dibo

marinermick said:
dibo said:
marinermick said:
Omni said:

as his knee got worse and his whinging to referees increased he didn't plug any away

it's little wonder that when he said 'i'm offered $1.4 mill down the road' the club chose to keep their coins in the purse.

marinermick

dibo said:
marinermick said:
dibo said:
marinermick said:
Omni said:

it's little wonder that when he said 'i'm offered $1.4 mill down the road' the club chose to keep their coins in the purse.

haha, too true

it was entertaining to get fergie's opinion on this after he had a couple of beers at last season's preso night

FFC Mariner

Rumour is that we knew he was off to Syd so made a big offer just to get them to up theirs (as per Milligan after V1)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred