• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL 4 - Round 4

Guns of Melbourne

dibo said:
Guns of Melbourne said:
Victory are appealing the red card given to Fabiano, not the extra weeks (as was expected to happen).

Melbourne Victory on behalf of player Ney Fabiano, this morning lodged an ‘Obvious error (red card) application’ with FFA, as permitted under the Hyundai A-League Disciplinary Regulations, clause 9.2.

The application has been lodged after reviewing the broadcast footage from all angles from Friday nights game v’s Adelaide United and speaking with Ney Fabiano about the incident.

As the application is now with FFA, and subject to the disciplinary processes, Melbourne Victory is unable to make any further comment about the incident at this time.

chairman lmao!

I thought it was a fair appeal. Fabiano is a victim of "Say it, don't spray it" syndrome. Breeze didn't see a thing, and reached for the card as soon as Cornflakes screamed "He spat on me!!" like the big girls blouse that he is.

dibo

Guns of Melbourne said:
dibo said:
Guns of Melbourne said:
Victory are appealing the red card given to Fabiano, not the extra weeks (as was expected to happen).

Melbourne Victory on behalf of player Ney Fabiano, this morning lodged an Obvious error (red card) application with FFA, as permitted under the Hyundai A-League Disciplinary Regulations, clause 9.2.

The application has been lodged after reviewing the broadcast footage from all angles from Friday nights game vs Adelaide United and speaking with Ney Fabiano about the incident.

As the application is now with FFA, and subject to the disciplinary processes, Melbourne Victory is unable to make any further comment about the incident at this time.

chairman lmao!

I thought it was a fair appeal. Fabiano is a victim of "Say it, don't spray it" syndrome. Breeze didn't see a thing, and reached for the card as soon as Cornflakes screamed "He spat on me!!" like the big girls blouse that he is.

he sent a big gob over cornthwaite's head. breeze may well be f**ked, but accidentally or not he's got this one right. it's a shame too, because fabiano has been pretty handy. his performance against newcastle was terrific, and then he has a brainfade...

Guns of Melbourne

dibo said:
Guns of Melbourne said:
dibo said:
Guns of Melbourne said:

Melbourne Victory on behalf of player Ney Fabiano, this morning lodged an ‘Obvious error (red card) application’ with FFA, as permitted under the Hyundai A-League Disciplinary Regulations, clause 9.2.

The application has been lodged after reviewing the broadcast footage from all angles from Friday nights game v’s Adelaide United and speaking with Ney Fabiano about the incident.

chairman lmao!

he sent a big gob over cornthwaite's head. breeze may well be f**ked, but accidentally or not he's got this one right. it's a shame too, because fabiano has been pretty handy. his performance against newcastle was terrific, and then he has a brainfade...

He'd just been elbowed in the face and had a swelling lip. The angle from the front shows no spitting action, just a very animated conversation. I'd be surprised if he got any additional weeks, but the original 1 match ban for the red will probably stand.

Guns of Melbourne

Appeal ignored.

Fabiano to face judiciary

September 15, 2008

A SPITTING charge against Melbourne Victory's Brazilian striker Ney Fabiano has been deemed serious enough to be referred straight to the A-League tribunal.

Fabiano was sent off for spitting at Adelaide's Robert Cornthwaite during the first half of Friday night's clash at Telstra Dome.

He faces a six-match ban if the charge is upheld by the tribunal in Sydney on Wednesday.

The match review panel dismissed an appeal by the Victory, before referring the matter to the tribunal.

The Victory had claimed unsuccessfully that the red card was an obvious error in application.

Two weeks ago, Perth defender Dino Djulbic was banned for five weeks for spitting in the direction of a match official.

The FFA is retarded.

FFC Mariner

Breeze got one right????

I suppose an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters etc etc comes into play.

The FFA have obviously decided to take a tough stance this season and expect Fabiano to get hammered.

Sackwhack is the low c**t who has brought this on everyones head.

scottmac

Suspended
Guns of Melbourne said:
The angle from the front shows no spitting action, just a very animated conversation.

Have to agree with this.
Unless Breeze comes out and says that without doubt he spat at him, i can not see him being rubbed out for any longer than a game.

Andy

Guns of Melbourne said:
Appeal ignored.

Fabiano to face judiciary

September 15, 2008

A SPITTING charge against Melbourne Victory's Brazilian striker Ney Fabiano has been deemed serious enough to be referred straight to the A-League tribunal.

Fabiano was sent off for spitting at Adelaide's Robert Cornthwaite during the first half of Friday night's clash at Telstra Dome.

He faces a six-match ban if the charge is upheld by the tribunal in Sydney on Wednesday.

The match review panel dismissed an appeal by the Victory, before referring the matter to the tribunal.

The Victory had claimed unsuccessfully that the red card was an obvious error in application.

Two weeks ago, Perth defender Dino Djulbic was banned for five weeks for spitting in the direction of a match official.

The FFA Ney Fabiano is retarded.

Fixed

marinersman

Guns of Melbourne said:
dibo said:
Guns of Melbourne said:
dibo said:
Guns of Melbourne said:

chairman lmao!

He'd just been elbowed in the face and had a swelling lip. The angle from the front shows no spitting action, just a very animated conversation. I'd be surprised if he got any additional weeks, but the original 1 match ban for the red will probably stand.

Looked to me like you could see spit go over the top of Cornthwaite's head. If it shows up on tele, that's a pretty good size loogey. Don't see how that could be spray.

He's going to be watching from the stands for a good part of the season, I'd say. And deservedly so.

Jesus

Jesus
northernspirit said:
seems spitting is more common this yr, good to see its being clamped down on - not a good look

Agree. ANyone stupid enough to spit after dino, deserves to be scrubbed out for the season.

Sean

scottmac said:
Guns of Melbourne said:
The angle from the front shows no spitting action, just a very animated conversation.

Have to agree with this.
Unless Breeze comes out and says that without doubt he spat at him, i can not see him being rubbed out for any longer than a game.

As said before, from the rear angle of Fabiano there is definately a case and should see him rubbed out for a few weeks. But the front angle I cant pick out where the spitting incident occurs? maybe its just the light not being caught in the airborne spittle at this angle, but then again i still cant see the spitting action with the same head movement/spitting gesture as the rear angle.

scottmac

Suspended
Perm said:
scottmac said:
Guns of Melbourne said:

Have to agree with this.

As said before, from the rear angle of Fabiano there is definately a case and should see him rubbed out for a few weeks. But the front angle I cant pick out where the spitting incident occurs? maybe its just the light not being caught in the airborne spittle at this angle, but then again i still cant see the spitting action with the same head movement/spitting gesture as the rear angle.

untill  the spit landed on the bloke he didn't even realise what had happened. To me that says there was no "spitting action", there was also no force behind it, it just kinda lobbed over to his face.
Cornthwaite's reaction said it all, he paused realised there was spit on his face and thought he could get him sent off.

Either way the bloke isn't gonna be playin next week, but to get what dino got i reckon would be unfair.

Paolo

Guns of Melbourne said:
I'm pretty sure he will be rubbed for 6 weeks at least.

Farcical Federation Australia.
agreed, being suspended for spitting directly into someones face would be a farce

Guns of Melbourne

keensy said:
Guns of Melbourne said:

agreed, being suspended for spitting directly into someones face would be a farce

It's inconsistent, and I'm still not convinced that he spat intentionally. Why would you hand a lengthy suspension for an accident?

Perm said:
Im predicting mass boycotts and silent protesting @ the superdome.

Doubtful. There are quite a few Melburnites that also think he should be suspended, plus the NT is already in a bit of a shambles. That said, I wouldn't expect any Melbourne love towards Matthew Breeze in the forseeable future.

Then again, I would consider a loud boycott myself if the suspension was lengthy enough.

Paolo

Guns of Melbourne said:
keensy said:
Guns of Melbourne said:

It's inconsistent, and I'm still not convinced that he spat intentionally. Why would you hand a lengthy suspension for an accident?
Why is it inconsistent, there is only one other spitting incident to compare with and that recieved 5 weeks

Guns of Melbourne

keensy said:
Guns of Melbourne said:
keensy said:
Guns of Melbourne said:

Why is it inconsistent, there is only one other spitting incident to compare with and that recieved 5 weeks

How many violent conduct charges have there been in the history of the A-League (not including the sackwhack, which was farcical in itself)? A few.

How many have been close to 5-6 weeks? None.

So the message to kids in grassroots football should be - go nuts and hit your opponent, just make sure you don't spit on them.

Djulbic getting 5 weeks was inconsistent with the standards that FFA have set themselves over the past few years. To give MORE weeks for an accident, where the Djulbic incident was sheer petulance, IS farcical.

dibo

Guns of Melbourne said:
keensy said:
Guns of Melbourne said:
keensy said:
Guns of Melbourne said:

How many violent conduct charges have there been in the history of the A-League (not including the sackwhack, which was farcical in itself)? A few.

How many have been close to 5-6 weeks? None.

So the message to kids in grassroots football should be - go nuts and hit your opponent, just make sure you don't spit on them.

Djulbic getting 5 weeks was inconsistent with the standards that FFA have set themselves over the past few years. To give MORE weeks for an accident, where the Djulbic incident was sheer petulance, IS farcical.

...unless FFA are not convinced it was an accident. it would be farcical *if* it were clearly accidental, but it's not. spitting in somebody's face should be treated the same way as punching them in the face.

for that reason i disagree with perm and scottmac too - i don't really care if he didn't take a big windup or anything, he gobbed in cornthwaite's face. it looks too big to me to be accidental. when was the last time anyone here sent half a mouthful over somebody's head accidentally, swollen lip and excitement or otherwise?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred