• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

GTA IV

MrCelery

Cool game so far.

Driving home after a night of darts at the irish pub is a challenge!

This is a dangerous game -I'm starting to drive in real life like I do in the game - reckless and aweful.

Paolo

Ban this game now....its too violent.

Think of the children, please wont somebody think of the children

brett

keensy said:
Think of the children, please wont somebody think of the children

I know you're taking the piss, but...

It's not a game for children, and the average age of videogamers is in the high 20s. Everywhere in the world except Australia has a R18+ rating for videogames, just like movies. There is one crusty old bastard in South Australia who is rejecting that rating being introduced. That means our highest level is M15+. They edited one or two tidbits out of the game for release here but you can still murder, drink drive and get prostitutes.

Whether it's too harsh for a 15 year old is down to individual cases. But parents who don't know better are more likely to allow their kids to plays a M15+ game than an R18+ game. There should be an R18+ rating so people know what they are getting into.

GET_RAD

so its worth buying then?
i was gunna but i always am cautios of buyin shit cause it is money that i could have saved

BAD BULLZ

Dude Eb buy it dont like it take it back no questions for full refund with in 7days
Also they match any competiors prices if seen cheaper.
off the top of my head
tuggerah
lake haven
erina
bateau bay
woywoy?

~Floss~

brett said:
They edited one or two tidbits out of the game for release here but you can still murder, drink drive and get prostitutes.

So, if you were to get, say, a US version on ebay, it would contain these extra tidbits?

Would a US game work ok on an Aussie XB360 or do they have zones/regions?

BAD BULLZ

They wouldnt work straight up but there is modifications an adaptor type things that will make it compatible.I'm not sure where or how but it is possible my ex roomate use have all the little gizmos to do everything like that.
The other option is buy the US version console then buy all gamesnline before any aussies and before any aussie censorship gets there hands on it.

~Floss~

Just looked it up on ebay, an asian-based seller of the UK version says it works in all PAL countries... Aus, NZ, UK, etc.

Wiki says the modifications are only in the Aus/NZ version, so I'm guessing UK version is he uncensored one.

serious14

Floss - the modifications aren't worth importing the game for...... I was gonna do the same as you, until I found out the only things taken out are the sexual animations (the camera is forced to swing around to the back of the car) and one part of a cutscene.  You can still do everything else.

MrCelery

serious14 said:
the only things taken out are the sexual animations

How stupid is that. One episode of Underbelly is far more titillating than anything in the game.

serious14

MrCelery said:
titillating

*giggles childishly*

But seriously, the average age of gamers across all platforms and both genders in Australia is 28.  So why no R18+ rating for games??  They have it for just about everything else there is, so why not games??

Seems our moral-police-wannabe friends over at the Australian Christian Lobby actively shut down debate on this topic every single time it comes up.  "A generation of children will burn in hell" blah blah etc.  Hows about "shut the f*ck up and let us choose what we want and want not to enjoy".  It's not like the sex in the game is forced on you either.

Bow chika wow wow.

serious14

P.S.  BEST FREAKING GAME EVER!!!!  (probably not _the_ best ever, but easily in the top 5 - simply amazing)

Bear

Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 was the best game ever...

But back to GTA...

I cant find a pro anywhere, and I just want a root. Where is the best place to pick one up? (in the game serious, the game ::))

soundsdifferent

for all who r wondering ANY game which has a region code of PAL will work on our consols
only buy them if they are region free or PAL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred