• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand Final Injuries & Suspensions Updates

midfielder

Anybody got here how bad the injuries are. Boogs look really sick coming off.

We were talking after the match, did Hutch get a yellow in the first match and is there a 2 yellow only in the final series, meaning he would be out of the GF.

In my bones I feel its our year.

pjennings

Clarky, Gumps, Kwas and JA got yellows in the first. None doubled up. All clear on the card front.

Blackadder

No Yellow for Hutch in game 1 vs Newc, yes for the finals 2 yellows=1 week suspension (keep in mind the cards are reset at the start of the finals)

tyson

im actually not too worried about them... after the way our defence played with boogs on left and clarky on right, and the way gumps played... i feel pretty safe, especially knowing that owens is fit.

Jesus

Jesus
5 Scummers and 6 QLD are on yellows i think. Concidering that their match is do or die, the grand final and asia on the line, we could see a few suspensions

FFC Mariner

Goody - lots of injuries in another 120min slogathon and plenty of cards all round. Stories of heartbreak about missing the GF.

Nice heavy pitch too please.

Sporting...........nah

Deej

Tommy is probably the worst of the injuries, lucky for him we have a week off

rosko

So let's get this straight... We are looking for pouring rain up to 5mins prior to kickoff.. then the sun to come beaming in all it's intensity.. We then want Griffiths to score, snapping a hamstring in the process, then another from someone... Then we want the sun to shine even brighter.. Reinaldo to get one, then Song to put one past Covic  :piralaugh: :piralaugh:  Og to snap Song just for fun... Extra time then penalties with a fair smattering of yellow cards throughout... Almost makes it worth going to the game...  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Sean

-Game played to go into extra time and penalties.
-Game to be played in 40+ heat
-Game to be played on a heavy pitch after the floods from Queensland head south and cleanse Newcastle.
-Plenty of red cards early, leaving the minimum of players allowed on the pitch including Griffiths after recieving a ninja kick to the back of the hamstring by Danny Titthead but cannot be subbed due to early changes.
-Multiple injuries to both Newcastle and Qld's team during match, with the added heat, resulting in a match which looks like the film clip to Michael Jacksons "Thriller"
-Newcastle win and head to the Grand final full of suspensions and injuries leaving their makeshift starting squad to shape up like this;

GK) Boxcar Joe
LB) Cletis the slack jawed yokel
CB) Steven Laybutt
CB) Sinbad
RB) Eagelton
CM) Niel Responsorial psalm (Noel Spencer)
CM) Kim Jong Il
CM) Monkey Magic
RM) Jake Poland
CF) Jardel the Hutt
CF) David Zdrillic

Alicia

When we beat them, QLD or Scum in the GF, we want it to be with a fully fit opposing side.  Can you imagine the commentary:

If the *insert team here* were fully fit, i can't imagine the mariners beating them.  Luck has been on the mariners side all year and they merely scraped by to win this years grand final.  Lets hope luck is on the side of the other 7 teams in the comp next year.

Bugger that!  I want us to be able to smash the opposing side when they're at their best, show everyone what the mariners are capable of!!

kevrenor

If it is Queensland, maybe we can help lull them into complacency with a banner ....

See you in Asia ...
but we'll have the Toilet Seat!

FFC Mariner

Alicia said:
When we beat them, QLD or Scum in the GF, we want it to be with a fully fit opposing side.  Can you imagine the commentary:

If the *insert team here* were fully fit, i can't imagine the mariners beating them.  Luck has been on the mariners side all year and they merely scraped by to win this years grand final.  Lets hope luck is on the side of the other 7 teams in the comp next year.

Bugger that!  I want us to be able to smash the opposing side when they're at their best, show everyone what the mariners are capable of!!

I understand your point but winning is all that counts - Harper et al will try to devalue our season regardless.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I have complete confidence we can beat either team full strength.

Ergo, I hope nobody gets hurt.

Well, I hope Joel Griffiths burns to a crisp in a fiery explosion after his car gets hit by a semi during the week, but that has nothing to do with the game - that's just principle :D

FFC Mariner

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I have complete confidence we can beat either team full strength.

Ergo, I hope nobody gets hurt.

Well, I hope Joel Griffiths burns to a crisp in a fiery explosion after his car gets hit by a semi during the week, but that has nothing to do with the game - that's just principle :D

Can it be an empty semi ? I would hate to think that of a  normal human getting sacrificed to rid the planet of this effluent. Noble act though it would be of course

S

striker

DJ said:

That's not good for us at all.....

How about Aloisi...... what was wrong with him on sunday?  has he an injury?  or is it poor confidence?  if it's the latter..someone give him a big hug and tell him we all love him and start scoring again....

marinermick

striker #9 said:
DJ said:

That's not good for us at all.....

How about Aloisi...... what was wrong with him on sunday?  has he an injury?  or is it poor confidence?   if it's the latter..someone give him a big hug and tell him we all love him and start scoring again....

a number of factors for johnny:
1. being double marked leaving sasho and kwassy with extra space
2. knee still a problem
3. and my guess confidence a little low after muffing some easy chances recently

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred