• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Good luck ...from a Sydney fan...

da_white_dork

OK, since we can't win it this year, I hope the Mariners do.

Why? Well...
I can't stand the Bogans, and Queensland are over-rated (and they're from Queensland).
You have the best team this year and deserve to win.
And you've got the best fans (after Sydney;) ). Whenever we play up there, the Marinators are  fantastic hosts and always welcome us with a song or two in the Kendall Bar.

I can't speak for everyone in the Cove, but I reckon besides those who would be 'I don't care who wins if its not Sydney', the vast majority would be hoping for a Mariners win.

Good luck.

marconigirl

da_white_dork said:

Why? Well...
I can't stand the Bogans, and Queensland are over-rated (and they're from Queensland).
And you've got the best fans (after Sydney;) ). Whenever we play up there, the Marinators are  fantastic hosts and always welcome us with a song or two in the Kendall Bar.

I can't speak for everyone in the Cove, but I reckon besides those who would be 'I don't care who wins if its not Sydney', the vast majority would be hoping for a Mariners win.

Good luck.

Thanks.. :D

marinermick

da_white_dork said:

Why? Well...

Good luck.

cheers brother

after reading some of the bitterness and vitriol being posted on the cove forum towards some of the other fan groups in the competition your post is well received

Holzy

da_white_dork said:

Why? Well...

Good luck.
Id like to second those sentiments and add how brilliant it will be when you guys and queensland get an ACL spot, and we're off in Hawaii newcastle get sweet f**k all....

ahhh the schadenfreude.

From what I'm told out of Sydney, quite a few! We all need to rally around and get as many non Mariner supporters to come along. After all, it is a football GRAND FINAL and will be a great match to watch regardless of who you support (but obviously a lot better to watch for us lot!!)
I do know there's a strong loathing for Newcastle so we already have a lot of extras on our side if thats who we meet on the day

Marinerchick

da_white_dork said:

Why? Well...

Good luck.

thankyou what good sportsmanship
GO MARINERS

Yogi

Queensland are over-rated?? Look who knocked you out of the finals. What rubbish you speak! QLD played the best football in the game and deserved to win the tie. Sydney is run by Frank Lowy, chairman of Football Australia. Nice favours for Sydney here and there. Socceroos games every year and wouldnt surprise me that they get more this year. QLD have had the best average for crowd attendances this year. The last game against Sydney proves it. It was raining and yet we had 36k there! Amazing! There is no way that Lowy should hold that position whilst he is running Football Australia. Yet, they host the grand final where Central Coast deserves to host it OR choose the location if they cannot host it. Only fair.

The Sydney fans are gutless and cunning. The Cove will get in numbers and pick on a few (and I mean 2 or 3) opposition supporters who want to come to watch the football and do the right thing by their team. What they do is dish out abuse, throw beer and you wonder why Sydney is the most hated team in the comp. How I know this is because it happened to me and a good friend of mine. It was utterly embrassing and we wouldnt say anything because more would come over and back their supporters up.

Now we beat Sydney and they go running. Last Friday night was the best night for a Queenslander because we beat them. We beat a red hot Sydney team and sent their asses packing. There was not one Sydney supporter in Caxton St to have a drink with us. My mob that I sit with - The Northern Element, was keen to have a drink with them and have a friendly banter with them but it wasnt to be. When they win, they want to rub it in. When the lose, they cannot take it. They run and hide.

The Central Coast crew are the most enjoyable bunch of supporters to come to Queensland. We have a few friendly banters and we watch the football and drink with their supporters afterwards. That is what Football is all about. Who cares who wins, it's just enjoying the sport with others.

Truly, Central Coast deserve to be there and probably the most deserving team to win it. But it sometimes doesnt go that way. Look at New England Patriots in the SuperBowl...won every game this season and lost the big one. That's the way the cookie crumbles. If we don't win, I hope you do.

da_white_dork

Really, I shouldn't take the bait, but you've all been so charming with your replies I have to defend myself from one Yogi... ;)

Yogi said:
Queensland are over-rated?? Look who knocked you out of the finals. What rubbish you speak! QLD played the best football in the game and deserved to win the tie.

Yes, they did.
I didn't say Sydney were any good, we were even worse than Qld this year!! Queensland were a better team with more speed and youth. But I still don't think they're quite good enough (yet) to be champions.
IMHO Adelaide and Melbourne are arguably better sides.

Yogi said:
QLD have had the best average for crowd attendances this year. The last game against Sydney proves it. It was raining and yet we had 36k there! Amazing!

Yes, queensland have higher attendances.
But I said the BEST fans.
Not the MOST...

Yogi said:
Last Friday night was the best night for a Queenslander because we beat them. We beat a red hot Sydney team and sent their asses packing.

I wouldn't say red-hot, I would say very ordinary with a fired-up coach.

Yogi said:
There was not one Sydney supporter in Caxton St to have a drink with us. My mob that I sit with - The Northern Element, was keen to have a drink with them and have a friendly banter with them but it wasnt to be. When they win, they want to rub it in. When the lose, they cannot take it. They run and hide.

If that's the case then that's a shame... I can't comment coz I wasn't there, having spent my funds on getting down to the Qatar game.

Yogi said:
The Central Coast crew are the most enjoyable bunch of supporters to come to Queensland. We have a few friendly banters and we watch the football and drink with their supporters afterwards. That is what Football is all about. Who cares who wins, it's just enjoying the sport with others.

...We agree on one thing then :)

da_white_dork said:
Yogi said:
There was not one Sydney supporter in Caxton St to have a drink with us. My mob that I sit with - The Northern Element, was keen to have a drink with them and have a friendly banter with them but it wasnt to be. When they win, they want to rub it in. When the lose, they cannot take it. They run and hide.

If that's the case then that's a shame... I can't comment coz I wasn't there, having spent my funds on getting down to the Qatar game.

Yogi's just having a sook cos' 36,000 QLDer's where out sung by 400 Covite's.

We had a couple of Roar fans drinking with us at the Caxton pre-game and marching up Caxton St post game was all singing and congrats handshakes with Roar fans.

Hey, Good luck to the Coasties next week, enjoy the day.

Yogi

Not true there bigblueman.

For such a big game, I thought there would have been more scum fans come up from Sydney. The Cove (to their credit) in Sydney were out in numbers.

Holzy

Bitter in victory... f**k me dead...

Yogi i'll admit you were the better team over each of the legs....
Your logic of crowd figures would actually leave Melbourne as the "best" supporters in the league and well.... umm...... yeah. - I'm not getting into an arguement over who IS the best on an opposition forum.

Yogi said:
The Northern Element, was keen to have a drink with them and have a friendly banter with them but it wasnt to be. When they win, they want to rub it in. When the lose, they cannot take it. They run and hide.

Thats a shame and as I was not in Queensland I can't comment specifically, however i put it to you that you'd not act differently if the shoe was on the other foot.

Also I bear no animosity against Queensland as i said, I want you guys to get an ACL spot.

I honestly couldn't think of more preferable Grand Final participants (exept ofcourse for Sydney) 

Atomic

Holzy said:
Yogi i'll admit you were the better team over each of the legs....
Your logic of crowd figures would actually leave Melbourne as the "best" supporters in the league and well.... umm...... yeah. - I'm not getting into an arguement over who IS the best on an opposition forum.

This thread was created by the opposition, so... if you guys want to go at each other then by all means go for it! It's neutral ground, you can't be accused of trolling and I think it will make for some interesting reading for the Yellow army IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred