• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

'Gold Medal' Stadium

Atomic

Sean Francis Lacy said:
lose the annoying douchebag announcer before the game.

:goodpost:

For all those punters wishing for a better PA... be careful what you wish for, it might come true. The douchebag annoys the hell out of me  :fireup:

midfielder

The Stadium itself

Easy to get to by road / rail / bus also easy to get away from by train / rail / bus. Tick BT rate high

Relatively safe outside the ground for both home and away supporters. Tick for BT

Protection from the elements fail for BT not only from the rain but the sun as well all games after 7:30 IMO

Good view of the match from all parts of the ground. Tick for BT

Reasonable seating that you are not squashed in Tick for BT

Good PA system.. BT when it can be heard LOL and the farkwit of an announcer who keeps talking right until kickoff teach him about shuting up the last two minutes prior to the match

Good score board.. BT reasonable

Safe and reasonably priced places to go before and after the match .... BT prior to the match its OK after the match Ahhhhh club closes most eating things you can get a drink but if you want a coffee and something light to eat .. well Mackers I suppose.

Good Lighting for fans to more around the ground. Tick for BT

Adequate number of toilets and food places. BT guys OK not sure about the girls

Good variation of food places. Need more than pies/ chips / pizzas  IMO say some Asian

Stadium seating where people can choose where they would like to sit i.e. with the stand up / drink and scream all night types together and choosing so or with families or whatever .. big failure here by BT also by all other stadiums and codes around the country BT could become a leader in this area.

Club merchandise for sale area. BT location is OK but they keep running out of stuff my wife wants.

Stadium itself should design things around it help create atmosphere i.e. as you walk up the stairs at BT there could be pictures of the current team, club logos on the sides of the stairs BT no sense of occasion created by the stadium itself.

The ground itself

Excellent pitch .. BT FAIL FAIL FAIL

Clear line markings . BT FAIL FAIL FAIL

Excellent pitch lighting . BT its Ok without being excellent

FFC Mariner

Top post MF, would just add that having most people enter and exit the ground by the same gate is annoying and potentially v dangerous.

not too hard to imagine a serious crowd crushing incident int the main stairwell.

Picture the scene, its a sell out and a nail biter of a game so crowd remains for full 90/120 mins.

Evening game on a saturday so lots of people drinking and we are playing SFC or the Scum.

Majority of crowd is jammed onto the stairs and a fight breaks out/someone falls etc etc

Any kind of panic in that situation and you have a potential disaster (esp as police/security have long gone)

Simple solution

Half way line - north = exit main entrance/sides

Half way line - water = Either of the 2 southern exits. Easy to police, reduces load on main entrance

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Jesus said:
* Quality playble pitch
* Protection from elements. At BT this is rain (little cover) and excessie sun, Which is a problem for 2/3 of the stadium on a sunday afternoon.
* Easy entry/exits ( would like to see a 2nd entry on the eastern side as western side saves no time by the time you walk round there)
* Proximity close to pitch
* Reasonable view of the entire pitch as well as scoreboard and big screen

FFC Mariner said:
1) Roof over GA area (Atmosphere, spectator comfort)

2) Move pitch as per James' suggestion

3) PA system you can hear

A decent pitch is a given

EXACTLY!!!! BEAR..the bloody beer queue is too long!!!!

midfielder

FFC Mariner said:
Top post MF, would just add that having most people enter and exit the ground by the same gate is annoying and potentially v dangerous.

not too hard to imagine a serious crowd crushing incident int the main stairwell.

Picture the scene, its a sell out and a nail biter of a game so crowd remains for full 90/120 mins.

Evening game on a saturday so lots of people drinking and we are playing SFC or the Scum.

Majority of crowd is jammed onto the stairs and a fight breaks out/someone falls etc etc

Any kind of panic in that situation and you have a potential disaster (esp as police/security have long gone)

Simple solution

Half way line - north = exit main entrance/sides

Half way line - water = Either of the 2 southern exits. Easy to police, reduces load on main entrance

I guess what you are talking about is crowd management as there are four exits, one on the railway side, and three on the club side... my guess is people do like  me and head for the exit that is cloest to their car ... but you make a fair point non the less some through;- should there be some plan for the fans leaving the stadium after the game finishes.

Omni

mariners4ever said:
Alicia said:
I reckon they should have proper coaches boxes... you know what I mean??

Not sure if there is a real term for them.

i'm pretty sure they're having them in the acl, as on the seating map i received in the mail, it had almost half of the lower grandstand on the western side with restricted viewing because of the benches

Can confirm that they are - it is an AFC requirement

bjw

bjw
- Roof over GA.
- Fix the pitch
- A fence infront of the home end
- Pitch closer to bay 16
- A set up (much like the cove have) for bays 15,16 and 17

loyalist

i would like a fence infront as it looks sik when kents climb it
however it would be harder to throw things
so i am not sure which i prefer

Paolo

bulldogmariner said:
Needs to look like Allianz Arena in Munich. Thats the best stadium in the World of Football!!!!
your wrong....bl
snowlanesmallvj7.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred