• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fury V Choppers & Roar Match Thread

serious14

Just quietly (well, not really), V5 is going to own all before it.  The quality on display in the 4 games thus far has been _superb_.

RADINHO

Marquee said:
Robson's goal!!!! Wow :vhappy:

yes it was quite a nice run nice goal too. watched whole game Gold Coast Can play even better than what they did so i believe they could live up to Clives expectations.

serious14 said:
Just quietly (well, not really), V5 is going to own all before it.  The quality on display in the 4 games thus far has been _superb_.

Well the Melbourne v Mariners and Adeleaide v Perth games football was quite terrible to watch but tonights games in the state of Queensland have been quite superb

serious14

RADINHO said:
Marquee said:
Robson's goal!!!! Wow :vhappy:

yes it was quite a nice run nice goal too. watched whole game Gold Coast Can play even better than what they did so i believe they could live up to Clives expectations.

serious14 said:

Well the Melbourne v Mariners and Adeleaide v Perth games football was quite terrible to watch but tonights games in the state of Queensland have been quite superb

Sorry, should clarify that statement a bit better:

"V5 will own all previous versions". 

midfielder

I hope this is wrong ... But being the first game with God in their side ... 8, 897 is not a great crowd and nowhere near the 15, 000 + they were expecting ... They could really struggle with a crowds up there if they have a bad season and I wonder what that does to the budget...

FFC Mariner

Lets face it, Fury would have been better with a Spencer or a Hutcho to control the tempo. Does that tell you how f**king shite they are?

Perth without the Socceroos.

pjennings

Fury are still very much a work in progress. While they might not win as many as GCU I think they will tighten up in defence. Steffanutto and  Aguis will normally be first XI.

midfielder

FFC Mariner said:
Lets face it, Fury would have been better with a Spencer or a Hutcho to control the tempo. Does that tell you how f**king shite they are?

Perth without the Socceroos.

Cruel you are ... maybe  Perth on a Valium & Whiskey mix   

FFC Mariner

Apart from GCU, still havent seen anything that should frighten us.

SFC's defence is awful and a team that thinks Brosque is worth a start is always going to struggle

(Danning may need killing pre game though, he is absolute quality)

midfielder

FFC Mariner said:

SFC's defence is awful and a team that thinks Brosque is worth a start is always going to struggle

Was Danning that good ... She who must be Obeyed ... took me off the the six O'clock Harry Potter movie did not get back until 9:00 ... so did not see him play.

Marquee

Yeah he was quality. Very quick and scored a screamer from a very neat turn and run. He is still learning but is very promising.

greenlig

My goodness roar were shite. I was at the game, just got home. They don't look to have recruited a single player that is able to score a goal. GCU on the other hand looked brilliant all over the park. Culina was pretty out of it for the first 10 or so, but when they started moving it on the deck he just smacked Roar silly.

Two players who epitomise the amazing uselessness of Roar are McLoughlan(sp?) and Devere. Both completely talentless. Every time the ball was passed to Devere on the wing he looked terrible.

Made me very happy to be a Mariner! Matty looked pretty good, and played some nice stuff.

Fairly incoherent post, I'm getting a migraine.

Greenlig

Marquee

Just watched the highlights again.

Have a look at Craig Moore when Robson scores his goal. He just jogs in the back line while Miller (who had no chance of catching him) chases. Pretty piss poor effort by the captain and South Africa hopeful. Same thing with Nichols, no desperation.

Arabmariner

midfielder said:
FFC Mariner said:

She who must be Obeyed
What's her name MF ?

Obey wan  ;)

midfielder

Arabmariner said:
midfielder said:
FFC Mariner said:

She who must be Obeyed
What's her name MF ?

Obey wan  ;)

Obey Wan... that is a good name .. ... She who must be Obeyed now renamed Obey Wan... is a mad for all those space movies and Ghosts or whatever they are called ... we go to em all ... maybe she says the same thing about Football ...

But Arab Obey Wan ... I like it...

Forum Phoenix

Moore is to blame for the third goal, that was ludicrous. Commentators are saying what a goal.  ::)

WTF, he literally just ran straight ahead, no one challenged him, then he shot straight at the keeper and was lucky enough to nutty him.

Culina's finish on the other hand was real quality. I hope his form stays at peak level for the World cup. hard to imagine it won't slacken a little?

Danning, Culina, Matty, Pedj and van der Brink, three standouts for the round imo.

Perth were Rubbish, Socceroos need to forget about being soccersoos and play football instead.

Sydney looked good for mine. Very dangerous on the break and closing down in midfield well, defence was shaky however, was not in pre season though, so not confident that this will be their downfall but hope so.

Adelaide, some good football. But unless owusu is the goods will struggle for goals again imo.

Fury. First half was garbage but they came out stronger and then I think Williams made a real difference and I actually think there's potential there when Agius comes back into the mids and Timpano into the back line. Don't have the depth or cohesiion yet to challenge.

Roar, my votes out, defence was shit which is uncommon. Hard to win games if you can't hit the net and they miss Murdocca thats for sure.

Jest, lacking in depth and quality to be a very serious threat this year.

Wellington, Oh dear, need better leadership. Durante is not fitting the bill and they need another playmaker and holding mid. Bertos had a very good game I thought.

GCU, do look good, but Roar could have done better. Was not the sternest test they will face. I think we can certainly compete with them.

CCM, bets intensity of the round and most disciplined defence. Matty the forward I would least like to be defending against in the league. that used to be Archie and Smeltz for mine, but has now genuinely changed.

MV, despite the loss there's a lot to be said for them still, though Muscat's loss could impact significantly.

serious14

Forum Phoenix said:
Moore is to blame for the third goal, that was ludicrous. Commentators are saying what a goal.  ::)

WTF, he literally just ran straight ahead, no one challenged him, then he shot straight at the keeper and was lucky enough to nutty him.

Come on man, that explosion of pace was incredible - I'm told ('cause I've never run that fast myself, ever  :p) that controlling a ball in the manner he did is quite hard, not to mention the constant threat of "maybe they will c
atch up to me and hack me down", and _then_ to slot it in the oh-so-casual way he did..... not the easiest thing in the world to do surely??

I agree re: Sydney's counter-attack though - that shit was _dangerous_.  If they continue to use Danning like that then they're going to murder teams that commit too many forward too quickly.

Forum Phoenix

Bah! Rewound it three times. That explosion of pace was against flat footed and tired defenders who were all looking at each other to do the work. He literally just runs straight ahead and Moore just watches him go straight on at goal thinking someone else is going to stop him... then he hits the ball "late" and "straight" at the keeper and it goes through his legs. He scored, fine, but casual as in a classy finish? Pffft, he just hit it and got lucky. As to his ball control? At professional level if he can't control a straight fast dribble then he may as well cut his legs off and go beg outside Clives office for spare change as far as I'm concerned.

Re Bling murder on the other hand, I concur with your concurring  ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred