• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FTJ&tFFA

sydmariner

:mad: wtf are they f**kn serious I mean I know that it worked with the RBB to get rid of all the dickheads & flare throwers & after what happened in Melbourne & Newcastle but why should we all have to pay for their mistakes ffs!:soapbox:

dibo

They need to explain how this will improve things for active support, rather than announcing a small change and then saying "we love active support and want it to thrive".
  • Tell us what problem you're solving.
  • Tell us how what you're doing will solve the problem.
  • Tell us how easy it will be to introduce new/casual supporters to the active support areas.
  • Tell us what other benefits you're going to give active supporters to make sure people want to be part of it.
If they can't explain what the benefit is, then they can't expect us to cheer for this change.

dibo

I don't think they're deliberately undermining active support, I think they just don't think far enough ahead to work out if their hare-brained ideas *will* undermine active support.

It's a pretty typical pattern that cuts across many areas of their operation:
1. identify problem
2. craft 'solution' without reference to any stakeholder and with no regard for wide-reaching side-effects
3. face backlash
4. repeat

dibo

We've actually talked about some of this stuff waaaaaaaaaay back in the day.

https://www.ccmfans.net/community/threads/food-for-thought-reserved-seating-in-marinators-bays.849/

It was when SFC were implementing their allocated seats system and around the time when we adopted allocated seats for Bay 16.

The problem was that with a clipboard-wielding person at the top of the bay, casual active support dried up and that led to a corresponding drying up of committed active support.

In the end, I don't think restricted entry was the problem, I think allocated seating that was locked in for the year was the problem because people had more trouble getting their mates into the area they wanted to stand in.

If entry were restricted *but* available on a casual basis *and* seats were not allocated within that space, it would achieve most of what FFA's trying to achieve but not completely kill off active support areas.

The main thing is that it would allow FFA to more effectively enforce bans etc., but they're not actually communicating what problem they're trying to solve.

Big Al

They are effectively wanting you to register to be in AS by buying a membership or registering through a member to get a pass of some sort.

Sounds easy enough in theory & allows clubs to maybe push harder with 3-6 game memberships for casuals.

However if restricted to a set seat then will be a hell of a time & could cause in fighting - A bit like when they first started set seating at the movies for all movies not just the blockbusters.

E.g. WSW Semi - Everyone wanted to be in the AS area & just went & stood where they liked. Harmless enough & I had no problem moving to accomodate people who had already taken up residence in my designated seats & just grab someone elses.
The problem then becomes IF bad behavior comes from your allocated seats then the FFA might just go with the simple it was Seat 1A. Cancel A. Smith who bought that seats membership.

You could then argue well dob them in, but You don't necessarily know there name or who they are.

IMO it is purely a tactic by the FFA to reduce undesirable behaviour by banning people if they have your details.

With their current no appeals process. That becomes an issue.

or on 442

WSW said it was trialed against them by M/City - The active suppport was sold out - They split the groups with wrist bands colour coded for AS or NAS. When they sat down the active support was a tiny corner pocket bay much like Pirtek & the NAS was a normal bay - seperated by the tarp/sash thing & security.

Things like this will really piss people off

dibo

The grand final in 2013 had wristbands for the active support area. I A friend had to pull a dodgy to get my his brother into our bay.

priorpeter

All but 2 clubs were opposed to these measures. If they're actually enforced, well, I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere at CCS last season, 'cause you won't be hearing it again. These measures will destroy what we've built; they discourage people from getting involved.

To be fair to the RBB, they actually volunteered to have these measures implemented on them last season. I had heard strong rumours this was going to be implemented league wide, but wasn't sure if they would actually follow through for every club. Leaves a very bitter taste.

Here's hoping the guys in charge of the Yellow Army work with the club to find a way through this.

dibo

They could just 'forget' to appoint people to stand at the top of the bay checking tickets (like they did with the allocated seats in the past) and then simply punt any troublemakers with extreme prejudice if they happen to not have a membership.

</quiet suggestion>

priorpeter

They could just 'forget' to appoint people to stand at the top of the bay checking tickets (like they did with the allocated seats in the past) and then simply punt any troublemakers with extreme prejudice if they happen to not have a membership.

</quiet suggestion>

They did the same this season, as Bay 16 was still 'reserved' seating. I'd like to think the club will just carry on doing that.

I am genuinely concerned about this away games 'members only active support' though. Could screw us hard for SFC/NUJ/WSW away.

sydmariner

They did the same this season, as Bay 16 was still 'reserved' seating. I'd like to think the club will just carry on doing that.

I am genuinely concerned about this away games 'members only active support' though. Could screw us hard for SFC/NUJ/WSW away.
getting tickets for centerlink fc away is hard enough as it is but this is just gonna make it worse

Big Al

As majority of BT is General Admission would be hard to police for both teams.

Things like the band going for a walk would probably be banned etc. So will be interesting to see what happens.

Or if you can turn it into some sort of protest where everyone joins the YA for the game then could actually be used as a breeding option.

E.G. All member take up the positions at the YA end of the ground. Would be an inconvenience for sure but if you can get enough support could work in your favour. I'd happily come up for a game to help out.
I don't mind sitting in the bays near you any way. Decent view & good atmosphere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred