• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Frank Arok has passed away

marinermick

Loved the story about our WC Qualifier in Israel.

Knowing their media would be at training he instructed the Socceroos to kick the shit out of each other and fight.

The newspapers came out with headlines saying we were thugs and were crazy kangaroos.

When the game started the Israelis thought they would had to match our physicality and started hacking us. Their normal fluid and technical game went out the window and we won.

sydmariner

sydmariner

Knowing their media would be at training he instructed the Socceroos to kick the shit out of each other and fight.

The newspapers came out with headlines saying we were thugs and were crazy kangaroos.

When the game started the Israelis thought they would had to match our physicality and started hacking us. Their normal fluid and technical game went out the window and we won.

Ironbark

That's proper art of war stuff right there

true believer

Don’t think it was this game. Pretty sure we won 1-0. Maybe Yankis scored an impossible free kick. Memory is scratchy.
i reckon the 1 nil was from oscar creno .then we f**ked it up away in nz 2nil

yankos free kick was against the argies in sydney .i was there

frank arok made me believe australia could compete with anyone
genuine hero to me

oh we drew 1 all in sydney . heart breaking

Last edited:

marinermick

i reckon the 1 nil was from oscar creno .then we f**ked it up away in nz 2nil

yankos free kick was against the argies in sydney .i was there

frank arok made me believe australia could compete with anyone
genuine hero to me

oh we drew 1 all in sydney . heart breaking

Yankos scored a cracker of a free kick in Israel before the Argie game in Australia. Let me do some searching

true believer

right crino scored against isreal for the Olympic qualifiers

Oscar Crino​

Oscar Crino was born in Argentina in 1962. He migrated in Australia via Hong Kong, later joining South Melbourne. Crino became a permanent first team fixture and won selection as sweeper in the Young Socceroos for the 1981 World championships. In 1984 Crino was chosen for the Socceroos tour of China and Europe, scoring goals against Chinese Taipei and Israel to help Australia qualify for the 1988 Seoul Olympics. Career highlights include being named the 1983 NSL Under 21 Player of the Year, playing 71 games for Australia, taking part in 39 full 'A' internationals and scoring six goals

marinermick

right crino scored against isreal for the Olympic qualifiers

Oscar Crino​

Oscar Crino was born in Argentina in 1962. He migrated in Australia via Hong Kong, later joining South Melbourne. Crino became a permanent first team fixture and won selection as sweeper in the Young Socceroos for the 1981 World championships. In 1984 Crino was chosen for the Socceroos tour of China and Europe, scoring goals against Chinese Taipei and Israel to help Australia qualify for the 1988 Seoul Olympics. Career highlights include being named the 1983 NSL Under 21 Player of the Year, playing 71 games for Australia, taking part in 39 full 'A' internationals and scoring six goals

One of my favourite all time Socceroo. Unbelievable player.

sydmariner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami