• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Former Mariners in the NPL

FFC Mariner

Must be more to it than that. He was still at the club when Mulvey was punted and Graham had his bags packed ready to disappear back to the UK never to be seen again.

I remember something about him being encouraged to go to Hong Kong to get a bit of personal maturity and fully expected him to come back into the fold after a season or so away. Not sure why that didn't eventuate.

He was only about a year older than Miller when they were the NYL centre back pairing so would still have been eligible for CCMA last season
No, he was treated like shit and had to leave. Ought to be a part of our squad.

Rising Sun

Graham was a terrible defender. Probably one of our worst at centre back. Glad he never came back.
True but in fairness he was only 18. Hasn't kicked on though. Now with an English tier 4 club (Rochdale) but on loan to a tier 5 (Notts County).

The left winger that came with him, Mallon, is currently in the Irish premier league

marinermick

True but in fairness he was only 18. Hasn't kicked on though. Now with an English tier 4 club (Rochdale) but on loan to a tier 5 (Notts County).

The left winger that came with him, Mallon, is currently in the Irish premier league

Hasn’t kicked on because my first sentence in previous post.

Last edited:

booney

I went to a CCM-SFC game at Leichhardt and both Mallon and Graham were playing.It ended in a 1 all draw and their goal was from a very soft penalty( surprise surprise!).

Mallon had a ding dong battle with Grant and honours were about even.Sam Graham was hairy at times especially with his passing but did some last ditch tackles and blocks and was not the worst player on the field.The other player who shone for us that day was Ben Kennedy who had one of his better days in a Mariners jersey.So even these often maligned players put in the occasional good performance.

Tevor

I went to a CCM-SFC game at Leichhardt and both Mallon and Graham were playing.It ended in a 1 all draw and their goal was from a very soft penalty( surprise surprise!).

Mallon had a ding dong battle with Grant and honours were about even.Sam Graham was hairy at times especially with his passing but did some last ditch tackles and blocks and was not the worst player on the field.The other player who shone for us that day was Ben Kennedy who had one of his better days in a Mariners jersey.So even these often maligned players put in the occasional good performance.
Don't forget Kennedy won our player of the season award. Probably the year when we were asking have we hit rock bottom yet.

Rising Sun

Fun fact: Both he and Graham scored in that 8-2 loss to Wellington
Another fun fact from that game - Lewis Miller and Gianni Stensness both made their A-League debuts coming off the bench (on opposing sides).

Given it was talk of Michael Glassock that started this little sub-thread off, it is also worth noting the fun fact that this game was also the "pinnacle" of his Mariners career. He was on the bench as an unused sub, and as far as I can recall that was the one and only time that happened.

FFC Mariner

Another fun fact from that game - Lewis Miller and Gianni Stensness both made their A-League debuts coming off the bench (on opposing sides).

Given it was talk of Michael Glassock that started this little sub-thread off, it is also worth noting the fun fact that this game was also the "pinnacle" of his Mariners career. He was on the bench as an unused sub, and as far as I can recall that was the one and only time that happened.
Cheers, @priorpeter is crying

turbo

He definitely still has the odd brain fart even in the A League
I’ve never been comfortable watching him. Even playing for someone else and in good form he makes me nervous. Pulls off some good saves but has way too many of those brain farts, usually without a whole lot of pressure. He could well have cost City their chance to get out of the group. Wouldn’t be surprised if he slips back to the bench next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami