• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Former Mariners in the NPL

sydmariner

David D'Apuzzo had a penalty saved.
Shocking tackle @ 1:30:redcard:
Panni Nikas scored for Sydney United & Dejan Panduravic scored a good free kick for Manly.

sydmariner

Matthew Lewis Scored for blacktown and zac cairncross got :yellowcard::yellowcard:=:redcard:
David Dapuzzo scored Apia's 3'rd goal
Ledgendairy former mariners striker dylan mcalister score'd manly's 1st goal

Last edited:

sydmariner

Dylan McCalister score'd Manly's 1st Goal Dejan Panduravic score'd his penalty in the shootout & Dylan Mitchell save'd to penalty's in the shoot out.

JoyfulPenguin

NICK MONTGOMERY RE-SIGNS WITH WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR 2018 NPL CAMPAIGN

Ex Sheffield United FC and Central Coast Mariners FC legend Nick Montgomery has further extended his playing career, re-signing for the Wollongong Wolves for the 2018 NSW NPL1 Men’s Competition. Despite fielding lucrative offers from other NPL and VPL teams, Montgomery put pen to paper and committed to the Wolves for another season.

Additionally to directing his fellow teammates on the paddock, Montgomery 36, a fully qualified UEFA A licensed coach, has also agreed to continue to be part of the senior coaching set up working alongside Jacob Timpano and Neil Mann. This partnership worked well during the second half of the 2017 season, with the Wolves being the form team of the competition in the run in to the finals.

After stepping down from playing full time in the A League after 5 years with the Central Coast Mariners, and joining the Wolves this year, Montgomery said “I thoroughly enjoyed my stint with the Wolves this year and it was an easy decision to sign up again for 2018. I'm in great shape and the hunger is definitely still burning strong. It’s a fantastic club, with a great bunch of boys and we’ll give things a real good shake next season. The majority of the squad has been retained and we’ve also got some very good quality youngsters coming through the system. I’m already looking forward to playing again next season.

Montgomery joined the Wolves in the transfer window in May in the 2017 season and instantly made his impact on the league. A tough, no nonsense, experienced midfielder, who won a Grand Final with the Mariners and also played in the EPL, he played a prominent role in guiding the Wolves agonizingly close to a finals spot, mentoring and challenging all who played alongside him and quickly becoming a crowd favourite.

Wolves First Grade Coach Jacob Timpano was elated with the announcement “Having Monty back on the park for us next season is a huge coup. He showed this year what a class act he is and he will be even better for us next season, having a much better understanding and familiarity with our players, systems and playing styles. He brings a level of professionalism and experience that lifts and inspires everyone around him. Knowing he’s with us again next year, for the full season, is massive.”

Montgomery is now Head of Football at the Central Coast Mariners, a position he is relishing as part of his transition from a full time playing career. "Taking on this role with Central Coast and still playing semi pro with the Wolves, allows me to maintain my involvement in the A league and still be able to continue playing. At the Mariners, heading up the football department, working with the 1st team and our academy, challenges me and ensures I'm always learning. When I decided to join the Wolves it worked perfectly as the A league and NPL seasons run opposite, limiting any kind of conflict or overlap.
It also provides me the ideal opportunity to keep a good eye on the talent coming through in the NPL1 competition.”

Montgomery having enjoyed considerable success throughout his football career, believes expansion in Australia’s national competition is inevitable and sees the Wolves as an ideal candidate, that must be seriously considered. "Wollongong Wolves have a great history in Australian football and have produced some top players and Socceroos. I met Scotty Chipperfield last season and it was great to chat to him. He is the classic example of the class of players coming out of the Illawarra and South Coast. Also when I speak to the Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth, he is also right behind expansion and thinks the Wolves would be a great addition to the A league. WIN Stadium is ready made for A league football and Wollongong is a great place with a huge and passionate football community and they would have no trouble attracting good, quality players and foreign imports.”

Montgomery is looking forward to not only lacing up the boots for another NPL season, but also continuing to assist Timpano and Mann in the development of the players and be part of an exciting chapter in the Wolves history. In his illustrious career he played 400 games with Sheffield United in England and more than 150 games for the Mariners in the A League and Asian champions league, Montgomery has captained both sides and been a professional footballer for 18 years, plying his trade in the top leagues in both England and Australia and understands better than most what it takes to forge a long, successful career.

“I’ve been very fortunate that throughout my football I’ve been mentored by many top coaches and quality people. I’ve learned a lot along the way and I enjoy passing on the lessons and experiences I’ve had to the next generation coming through. I’ve spent the last 4 years while playing gaining my coaching badges so this is a good platform for me while still playing semi pro. The Wolves are a super organisation with a huge future and I’m now in a position where I can positively contribute on the field and off it. I will enjoy working with all the coaching staff and the boys again next season, and hope to get the very best out of them and have success.” continued Montgomery.

The Wolves believe a much closer alignment between all the senior teams will see far more opportunities provided for players to progress to higher levels, and challenge themselves further to attain even greater standards.
With all players exposed to the reality and requirements of exactly what is expected to not only be selected in the first grade squad but to also retain their positions, will simply build on an already strong culture.

“It’s all about opportunity and we will be delivering a far stronger thread between our first grade players of the future in our 18s, to our first grade players of tomorrow in our 20s, to our current first grade stars of today, to ensure our production line and pathways are the best in the country. Having Nick now as an integral part of our coaching team gives us an additional levels of experience and knowledge that will benefit everyone at our club” concluded Timpano.

Stoxxo

Point remains though, Macallister was never "legendary" nor was "for goal hero" Matt Sim. Sorry but whoever believes such nonsense has nothing but rocks in their head

Rowdy

Point remains though, Macallister was never "legendary" nor was "for goal hero" Matt Sim. Sorry but whoever believes such nonsense has nothing but rocks in their head

I dont know? doesn't scoring 'foUr goals' in one game go down as an act of status worthy of "legendary" ???
:innocent:

& wouldn't doing something "legendary" , then by default
..... make you a 'Legend' ???

JoyfulPenguin

Everyone has their favourite players and everyone has a different view on how a player performed, personally think it's great to celebrate our little cult heroes like Matt Sim even after they've moved on and even if they were a bit average.

dibo

Never mind four goals against Palm Beach - he rescued a point against the scum up there in 2015 (I think), so for that he'll always have a special spot in my heart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami