• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Footballer hit by rocket firecracker

Ranyen

Footballer hit by rocket firecracker
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=661120
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An Irish footballer was stunned and injured after he was hit by a rocket fired by religious fanatics lurking in the crowd.

Conor Hagan collapsed to the ground after being smashed in the back by the rocket before it exploded, Britain's Daily Mail newspaper reports.

It was fired seconds after the whistle was blown at the end of the game in east Belfast.

Mr Hagan's team, Lindfield, had just suffered a 2-1 defeat by religious rivals Cliftonville.

The attack, which sparked religious riots, came after players from the mainly-Catholic supported side of Cliftonville had missiles hurled at them from Lindfield fans, who are mainly Protestants.

Medical teams raced to Hagan's side after he fell to the ground.

"I was lying on the ground disgusted with the result and didnt see the firework coming," the 26-year-old was quoted in the Belfast Telegraph as saying.

"It hit me on the back when it went off and it was more the bang that scared me and I was in shock for few seconds."

Police were later called to break-up a riot between the two religious groups.

Cliftonville trainer Eddie Patterson, who had received death threats in the lead up to the game, condemned the incident.

"Some of my own players had missiles thrown at them, but I would rather talk about the Linfield fans who applauded us off the pitch, thats what footballs about," he was quoted as saying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least our footballers only have coins & fake "coke" thrown at them. Check out the link, it has a video

ponno

Thats why I dont think we should be manufacturing this hatred between scumcastle and the coast... even i hate scumcastle now and i never did before I started following the mariners... i know its a bit different when religion is involved because you get the extremists but still... i hope it never gets like this in the HAL

Sean

serious14 said:
Religion.......... it's tops.

No, really.

*shakes head*

Yeh, Im sure Religion still has a huge part to play in it. ITS JUST IDIOTS WHO LOVE A BIFF

serious14

Ranyen said:
The attack, which sparked religious riots, came after players from the mainly-Catholic supported side of Cliftonville had missiles hurled at them from Lindfield fans, who are mainly Protestants.

Of course.  Had _nothing_ to do with it, what was I thinking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred