• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"Football Superstar" - FOX 8...tonight!

Pokes

(Sorry if there is already a thread on this!)

Anyone going to be watching?

http://www.fox8.tv/footballsuperstar/about_info.htm

It starts tonight...

"Hosted by Irish singer/songwriter Brian McFadden and ex-Matildas star player Amy Taylor, FOX8s exclusive eight x one hour series is the only Australian television program of its kind that will embark on a nationwide search for Australias most gifted young football player.

The winner will walk off the pitch with a prize package consisting of a season-long contract with Sydney FC youth squad, alongside a one-year scholarship with Macquarie University.

Tryouts have been held in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, attracting hundreds of young footballers, aged 16-21 years.

During the tryouts, the hopefuls are put through their paces with a series of scientifically designed tests devised by Fun Sports Group, Australias leading football concept development company, in conjunction with coaching experts at A-League heavyweight team Sydney FC.

Following the day-long trials in each state, the group are short-listed to 50 players who are selected for an intensive weekend at Sydneys training ground, where they are assessed by the FOOTBALL SUPERSTAR judging panel.
The judging panel of three consists of Head Judge, John Kosmina (Sydney FC Coach) and Vitale Ferrante (Director of Fun Sports Group and Football Superstar mentor), with the third judge alternating between Nik Hagicostas (Sydney FC Strength and Conditioning Coach) and Steve OConnor (Sydney FC Technical Director)

Kosmina and his fellow judges whittle down the top 50 to 15 finalists who will spend a month at Sydney FCs training ground at Macquarie University, Sydney.

The chosen 15 will live in a state-of-the-art mansion with mentor Vitale Ferrante, as theyre given a taste of what a professional footballers lifestyle could be like.

During their stay, the hopefuls are judged on both their on-field performance and off-field behaviour, with players being evicted by the judging panel and sent home each week.

Throughout the series, the boys will play full football matches against teams including the AIS football team, Manly United and the Central Coast Mariners youth team and will be given weekly challenges including an iron man competition, army assault course and public speaking and talent competitions.

They will be visited by high-profile football stars from leading A-League teams, get the opportunity to meet and train with the Young Matildas, attend a Socceroos game, and receive media training and tips on grooming, fitness and nutrition.

On the morning of each eviction there will be a football trial, eg. a Bend it Like Beckham test, with the loser automatically nominated as one of the candidates who will be up for eviction that day.

In the final episode, the three remaining players compete in one last trial and Kosmina will anoint one lucky player the ultimate winner and Australias first ever FOOTBALL SUPERSTAR."

Bex

Yeh, I'll watch it. I hope it finds some good talent and that the show doesn't turn into a train wreck ala the celebrity pet show.

fedelta

I'll watch it, but I don't see how putting 15 kids in a mansion can determine who is the best player.

Paolo

taylor said:
I'll watch it, but I don't see how putting 15 kids in a mansion can determine who is the best player.
maybe it will because they train and play games aswell....but also live in the one house together ;)

Bear

I hope we sign 1-2 of the blokes that dont make it, they become massive and carve up the a-league, go on to rep aus and start for man utd, just so sydney go "f**k" ;D

fedelta

Bearinator said:
I hope we sign 1-2 of the blokes that dont make it, they become massive and carve up the a-league, go on to rep aus and start for man utd, just so sydney go "f**k" ;D

They will probably evict the best players and keep the little pretty boys that would fit in nicely in the Sydney squad.

Paolo

taylor said:
Bearinator said:

They will probably evict the best players and keep the little pretty boys that would fit in nicely in the Sydney squad.
tbh, i rekon the winner will be the player who can do the most stepovers/juggle the best

fedelta

keensy said:
taylor said:
Bearinator said:

tbh, i rekon the winner will be the player who can do the most stepovers/juggle the best

Yeah that's what all the videos on the site show..Contestants doing around the world and juggling.
I often pull off an around the world when I'm on the field  ;)

graaant

taylor said:
keensy said:
taylor said:
Bearinator said:

Yeah that's what all the videos on the site show..Contestants doing around the world and juggling.
I often pull off an around the world when I'm on the field  ;)

Was Kosmina watching?

fedelta

Yeah. Then after the match he ran on the field and shouted obscenities in the referees direction.

fedelta

Well that was interesting.
I personally liked the black kid that turned up late because he slept in.

bjw

bjw
Notice how when they were talking about the Mariners they didnt mention we WON the premiership.

fedelta

They tried to avoid us as much as possible..no Mariners goals were shown, and when they were doing the Sydney trials and they profiled the teams I thought they weren't going to mention us but then came "and the third team in NSW is the Mariners"

FFC Mariner

Turned off the bling wankfest in disgust tbh.

Surely we can adopt the Man Utd chant of "who the f**k are Central Coast" or ever "Who are we??"

Sean

keensy said:
taylor said:
Bearinator said:

Im a bit confused about this! To get into one of the 5 city trials, you had to submit a video of doing some cool stuff?! eeek
I watched the show last week, and the quality of the players in the drills shown so far sint too bad, but there wasnt enough of it. Hopefully this week we can get a better picture of how good the players are/aren't.

Some/most of the players who are in the next round really REEAALLLY do not look like they could handle the physicality of the HAL. time will tell though.

Andy

This weeks episode doesn't look too bad with a couple of games being played plus Kosmina getting angry could provide a few laughs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred