• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup

nearlyyellow

Wasn't a problem for their home fixture vs Melbourne Knights in the Round of 32.

http://www.theffacup.com.au/matchcentre/Olympic-FC-v-Melbourne-Knights/760112
Tue 29 Jul 2014, 07.30 pm Sunset 5:17pm Last Light 5:42pm

Thanks Mr. dibo. I forgot about that one in my eagerness to rebut the silly assertion that the light just wasn't good enough for our game. :oops: And although I haven't checked I would say that the game above was not covered by Foxtel. There is more to this change of venue agenda than meets the eye. :rolleyes: But I'm done with this now, it's old hat stuff. Point proven. :)

nebakke

Wasn't a problem for their home fixture vs Melbourne Knights in the Round of 32.

http://www.theffacup.com.au/matchcentre/Olympic-FC-v-Melbourne-Knights/760112

From memory, it's a grade issue, so-to-speak. It's about A-league standards requiring a certain amount of light.. I think there was a long discussion of it on the 442 thread about the FFA-cup.. Too many pages there to weed through though. :)

Mind you, I'm not saying that it's how it should be or that it's fair, just that I think it is how it is...

Mini In Bay 6

Draw time.

Sydney FC vs Adelaide United
Perth Glory vs Melbourne Victory
Palm Beach Sharks vs Central Coast Mariners
Bentleigh Greens vs Adelaide City

We got the best chance of reaching a semi.

nearlyyellow

So we beat Olympic FC who were runners up in the Qld. NPL 2014 and now we have to beat the champions of that league. I can't find out much information about their home ground at Mallawa Drive Sports Complex at Palm Beach but it looks as though there are no stands there. Venues and dates to be announced.
Guess their Gold Coast choice might be the City of Gold Coast Sports Centre at Runaway Bay which has a "synthetic-surface and natural grass surface rugby field" whatever that means. Looks like a Grandstand there too. May not have the capacity they want though. We could play again at QE2 at Nathan?

dibo

Given that they played at Robina (GCU's old ground) tonight, I suspect we'll play them at Robina too. All games televised from here on in.

nearlyyellow

Given that they played at Robina (GCU's old ground) tonight, I suspect we'll play them at Robina too. All games televised from here on in.
Yeesss, of course, clean forgot that. Tired when I posted. Nice stadium too! I've driven past it a few times on our way to visit friends on one of the canal estates. On the train line, Robina Station. Takes about 2 hours from Brisbane Airport.
Anyway, bring it on! :shoutclap:

Last edited:

Arnie

They announced the teams last night but no dates. When do they decide when these games are played?

Gratis

so Tuesday I'm told is predicted heavy rain up north...hoping game will be on

expecting Caceres to start and also Fitz

nearlyyellow

so Tuesday I'm told is predicted heavy rain up north...hoping game will be on
Yeah, not looking good at this stage:
"Robina Forecast
Tuesday 14 October
Summary
storm.png

Min 17
Max 26
Rain. Possible storm.
Gold Coast area
Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds north to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 25 to 40 km/h in the middle of the day then turning westerly 20 to 30 km/h in the late afternoon."

So, just read the FFA FAQ's and there is nothing I can find about weather delays, postponements. What happens if the game is abandoned due to weather. Who goes through and who departs? Do they defer to another date?

dibo

*Extremely* unlikely to be postponed. The Qld grounds drain ridiculously well, I remember a Brisbane vs Sydney semi at Lang Park where the pitch was completely flooded at the scheduled kickoff time, and when the rain stopped it only took them half an hour to get it playable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred