• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup semi final vs SFC away

Rising Sun

this weekend was supposed to be the ffa cup final only
My understanding was that it was going to be the ch 10 live game but not as a standalone game - any league games not involving the finalists would still go ahead.

Given they knew last week that the other semi wasn't going to happen and the final was being pushed back, it seems strange that all the games are still TBD. How can you promote a game and sell tickets if you can't tell people when it's happening?

Corsair

I listened to an ABC/BBC podcast of people with long covid.
Quite harrowing. One a doctor. Lost her job. Had to learn to walk again.
If any of the players have it like the people on the podcast they won't be playing football again.
One of my friends in the UK has got it, not fun. Can't walk for more than few mins without getting out of breath and is tired out after small efforts.

Rising Sun

I don't know when the deadline is but the first qualifying games are on march 8th. They were originally set down for early Feb (so deadline would almost certainly have been prior to the cup final) but looks like it has been pushed back.

The draw has been made for the qualifiers and the 3rd Australian team is home to a Filipino club Kaya Iloilo on Mar 8th with the winner away to a chinese club Changchun Yatai a week later.

The group stages are drawn tomorrow
Just following on from this, if the 3rd Australian team wins their 2 qualifying rounds, they will be in a group with Yokohama F Marinos (Muscat) and Jeonbuck Hyundai Motors (Wilkos old team) plus a Vietnamese team. The only group with both a Japanese AND south Korean team.

Melbourne City have drawn a Thai and Filipino team plus Jeonnam Dragons (the GOATs old team).

The group games are going to be played at centralised location(s) between 15th April and 1st May which just happens to coincide with the last 4 rounds of the regular ALM season, so more major fixture headaches looming

Ozhammer

Not the game I would have wanted to go back into aleague action with, especially with how we are placed right now. However a win really sticks out
I reckon $ity are worth playing atm tbh, as they haven’t exactly been blowing opponents off the park of late and I can sniff a good result on Sunday.

Ben10

Let's goooo. Anyone know what the parking situation is like at the stadium? Generally get away with street parking?

bikinigirl

Those are some pretty decent odds to jump on. Problem is very few of us know how the individuals in the club are tracking and how covid impacted them so we’re a big mystery coming into Tuesday.

. the bigger problem is that the players themselves won't know (nor the coaching and medical staff). hopefully nobody does anything stupid

. going from 0 to 100% (or 0-90 or 120 mins) is a huge step in a couple of weeks ... despite their youth and underlying fitness. the impact of a respiratory disease and subsequent down-time and recovery could catch up with them at any time

bikinigirl

Let's goooo. Anyone know what the parking situation is like at the stadium? Generally get away with street parking?

. haven't had any issues in the past parking on the street within a few blocks (i never try to get too close which can also impact your escape)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred