• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup 2019

true believer

Honestly too easy to go for Matty there - he's definitely made mistakes but getting a double-yellow is comparative bullshit, given what's been let go during this game.
Absolutely but the stooge only had eyes for one player.
Matty will only lose games for us . As he did tonight

marinermick

I’m going with Staj trying to squeeze everything he can from 10 men. Matty ruined any game plan we had. Wasn’t far off being a good plan. Doesn’t help we have no decent attacking subs.

McGlinchey?

Oar stopped running around sixty mark

shipwreck

I think that's rough on Matty, but the silver lining could be Staj seeing he isn't starter material.

Fadetoblack944

Pure frustration from me, the best we have played in years only to be undone by a soft red card and not making any subs. Duric clearly struggling after 75 min, we played well up until that point.

Michael

Captains don’t fish for yellow cards and get pointlessly sent off when you’re on top in a match. It’s always a high possibility with matty. You can call it ref bias or whatever.
He gets himself into these situations regularly. No excuses, he needs to change how he does things. Pull his f**king head in.
He took away our fighting chance.
Adelaide were good but we were better and that was so refreshing. Oh no wait, matty has to have his input.
If Staj has pulled in DDS’s mindset he needs to do more with matty.

But anyway, everyone else was excellent. Very good signs and we look in good shape. Hopefully Kim is fit for next week and matty needs to be atleast benched.

scottmac

Suspended
Mattys first yellow was what un-did us tonight. He's always going to get them. That's how he plays. If he plays as a f**king captain he doesn't get that yellow and we win 1-0. Tonights loss is on him. Perfect game plan. Well executed especially in midfield. Staj is the guy to take us forward but if we don't replace Matt we are f**ked.

Michael

Does anybody else feel like we lost it more than AU won it?

Because of the red card.
I mean let’s make a comparison... matty will be a needless wreckless shit until he gets a yellow and nothing changes. Tommy got a silly yellow for a mistimed challenge, Knows he’s on a card so is smart about his tackles and is still effective. It’s not hard at any level.

Big Al

If Staj was worried about GG’s fitness and didn’t put him on he shouldn’t have been on the bench. (My guess Staj hasn’t said anything yet)

scottmac

Suspended
So Mcgree scores a one on one. Our nine missed a one on one. Another moment which the person we have as a striker loses the game.

turbo

Soft or not, double standards or not Matty just doesn’t play it smart and tonight is a perfect example of how it can go spectacularly wrong.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Both of Simon's cards were clear bullshit, and I think the 2nd was just unfortunate - barely even a foul, and there was no malice or anything there.
But the first one showed why he's not captain material. Now, I still maintain it wasn't a card - but it was a foul, he stepped back and into the opponent.
But he's having argy bargy with him before, he's mouthing off at him in front of the ref, he's chased him across the park - at this point, he has one thing on his mind and that's painfully clear.
So...okay, maybe it's justified as the sort of card where the foul itself wasn't worthy of a card, but that it was clearly the culmination of a few minutes of f**kwittery and intent.
But the captain needs to be better than that. He can't be so immature that he runs around mouthing off at players and chasing them into the box to ruin an attack on a cheap shot.
Simon also needs to realise that every referee despises him. We see him constantly get fouled off the park, nothing - and he only has to look at a player to cop a card.
He needs to be professional and smart enough to realise he can't fight that, so he needs to change his behaviour to be impeccable.

Michael

when was Matty's first card?

When he elbowed jakobsen on a attacking setpiece because he was marked tightly.
Shocking I know, a striker being tightly marked by a CB is pretty f**ked up so an elbow to the sternum is a pretty normal reaction. Especially straight after you’ve been a bit of a thug so the ref is watching you very closely.
Gotta be the ref bias though.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

When he elbowed jakobsen on a attacking setpiece because he was marked tightly.
Shocking I know, a striker being tightly marked by a CB is pretty f**ked up so an elbow to the sternum is a pretty normal reaction. Especially straight after you’ve been a bit of a thug so the ref is watching you very closely.
Gotta be the ref bias though.
final minute of the first half. I don't think there was any elbow, but he definitely stepped into him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred