• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup 1/4 final vs APIA away

Avoca

I enjoy watching NPL teams, but the one element that concerns me, is their overly physical approach to games.

The A-League sides are usually technically dominant, so to compensate, the NPL sides start to push & shove.

The Wolves were guilty of this.

Corsair

I'm looking forward to seeing Manny put a couple in.

Weather is looking bloody awesome, 100" screen and projector on the deck tomorrow night.

How good is it to have a decent team and a few wins. Loving it so far this season.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I’m anticipating a side similar to this
Birra
Storm kye hall and perhaps smith
beni balard Ollie Hatch
Tsekenis muller

in saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if Monty doesn’t rotate at all and backs the lads to be fresh enough.
Miller and Farrell could do with a break, probably Ollie too. Kye and Hally will be fine and we don’t really have cover there that I know of. As has been mentioned it’s a good chance to give muller minutes. Urena deserves to be dropped after his atrocious finishing on the weekend. Cy and moresche to come off the bench.
I reckon Apia will try kick us off the park like wolves attempted.
2 goals 2 assists for us so far. Our most successful attacking player. Obvious leader and role model. Link play is second to none. Loved by the other players and staff. But he deserves to be dropped because he had a bad half and put three shots off target. You can see how frustrated and disappointed in himself he was. yet he bounced back second half. But who gives a shit eh, keep flogging that horse won't you mate.

Michael

2 goals 2 assists for us so far. Our most successful attacking player. Obvious leader and role model. Link play is second to none. Loved by the other players and staff. But he deserves to be dropped because he had a bad half and put three shots off target. You can see how frustrated and disappointed in himself he was. yet he bounced back second half. But who gives a shit eh, keep flogging that horse won't you mate.

when he could already have atleast 6 goals from the amount of clear as day MASSIVE chances. Yeah, I will flog it.
Constant basic technique errors, never using his body to shield the ball, lazy movement. Literally tripping over the ball under no pressure. Regularly under hitting or over hitting passes. Always and I mean ALWAYS trying to leather his shots when the one time he places it he scores a nice goal.
when I’m constantly told a player is top notch I expect to see it more than I don’t.

there are people putting him in the ninkovic, Castro and Diamanti class. It’s laughable.

when he shows some genuine consistency in quality. I won’t flog my opinion

pjennings

when he could already have atleast 6 goals from the amount of clear as day MASSIVE chances. Yeah, I will flog it.
Constant basic technique errors, never using his body to shield the ball, lazy movement. Literally tripping over the ball under no pressure. Regularly under hitting or over hitting passes. Always and I mean ALWAYS trying to leather his shots when the one time he places it he scores a nice goal.
when I’m constantly told a player is top notch I expect to see it more than I don’t.

there are people putting him in the ninkovic, Castro and Diamanti class. It’s laughable.

Castro has performed the best of the 4.

After that Marcos s very comparable
Ninkovic - first 27 games in the A-League 4 goals 0 assists
Urena - first 27 games 7 goals 4 assists
Diamanti first 27 games 8 goals 7 assists

TBH on the weekend Moresche struggled with the heat and the combination wasn't there so he took on more himself. I think Monty is looking at him as more of a link man this year than the out and out striker.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

He's missed some shots and had a couple of off patches and I'm sure we're all hoping for consistency and 12 plus goals this season, but if you think his movement is lazy and he doesn't know how to shield the ball, sorry Michael, but we're living in different universes on this one. Honestly, I just find it weird of all the players to really go after it's him and of all times now? The partnership with Matty and now Moresche and Nizzy in only a short amount of time looks terrific. Just need them to convert a few more.

Pass accuracy? Could be better, could be worse. Considering how many needle threaders he actually plays I think it's ok. 2 assists so far, but he's also put a half dozen on a platter for others — sadly mostly for Nizzy, but also for Cy and Moresche. He could easily be on 5 assists already and yes coulda/shoulda had 6 goals to boot, but these aren't poachers goals or tap ins, credit HAS to be given to the excellent runs he "consistently" makes. Some perspective on his passing...

120620.png
Marcos Urena
Pass success: 70.3%

David Ball
Pass success: 69.3%

281206.png
Tomi Juric
Pass success: 60.0%

10164_xsmall.png
Elvis Kamsoba
Pass success: 70.7%
1315434.png
Jacob Farrell
Pass success: 71.4%
45204.png
Tomer Hemed
Pass success: 72.6%
Stefan Mauk
Pass success: 69.4%
140445.png
Tommy Oar
Pass success: 72.1%
1217247.png
Lachlan Rose
Pass success: 66.7%
694964.png
Nicholas D'Agostino
Pass success: 62.1%
737141.png
Beni Nkololo
Pass success: 54.3%
Bernie Ibini-Isei
Pass success: 71.0%
150596.png
Craig Noone
Pass success: 69.7%
42156.png
Bobo
Pass success: 68.4%
513424.png
Jaushua Sotirio
Pass success: 66.0%
716423.png
Trent Buhagiar
Pass success: 63.9%

Ben Halloran
Pass success: 71.1%

scottmac

Suspended

The whole forum will have suffered irreversible brain damage for having read this pile of garbage. The problem with flogging an opinion is that you tend to exaggerate over time to keep making the same point. Kinda like what you've done here.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
ANYWAY... putting aside Michael near constant bagging of our World Cup playing Amigo , methinks APIA will play nearly as rough as Wolves did + they coming with a bit of bravado after whooping the drive-boys BUT methinks General Montgomery will have the game plan to end their run of success ...2-0 to the good guys (at least)
P.S I wonder who Muzz will be going for ?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred