• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA appoint football ambassadors

midfielder

Believe it or not

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/InsideFFA/default.aspx?s=insideffa_newsfeatures_newsitem&id=22268

Football Federation Australia (FFA) today named the first group of football ambassadors who will form an important part of Australias growing family of football supporters.

Just as football appeals to a wide range of Australians right across the spectrum, our chosen Ambassadors reflect this diversity and are drawn from all walks of life, said FFA CEO, Ben Buckley.

Our ambassadors include politicians, journalists, sports people, entrepreneurs, chefs and performers.

Some of our Ambassadors love the excitement of big international matches; others simply enjoy a kick in the park with their kids; others just get a kick out of supporting the team that unites Australians the Qantas Socceroos.

Buckley said that the ambassadors will tell their own story, and promote Australia and Australian football as FFA builds towards its aspirations to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Australia.

The coming month will be an exciting time for football fans as the Qantas Socceroos embark on five matches in five weeks in Super June, including two World Cup Qualifiers here in Australia presented by FOXTEL.

We are also gearing up to host the FIFA Congress in Sydney next week with delegates from the other 207 member nations of FIFA involving around 2,000 visitors from football globally as well a contingent of international media.

This is a great event for Sydney and it is also an exciting opportunity for us to position Australia as a potential host for significant football tournaments such as the FIFA Club World Cup (2009 and 2010), the Asian Football Confederation's Asian Cup (2015) and the FIFA World Cup (2018), Buckley said.

The ambassadors named by Buckley today include:

Ahmed Fahour, CEO, National Australia Bank
Alex Perry, fashion designer
Anthony La Paglia, actor
Cameron Williams, television presenter
George Negus, journalist :eek:verhead:
Geraldine Doogue, journalist
Ian Thorpe, sportsman
Jeff Fenech, sportsman  :'(
John Stanley, radio presenter :tophat:
Karl Stefanovic, television presenter :redcard:
Kate Ellis, Minister for Sport
Mike Conway, representing The Wiggles
Stephanie Brantz, television presenter
Stephen Conroy, Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy

Alicia

Alex Perry FFS!!

Maybe the article should read FFA appoints football ambassadors who are on Foxtel's payroll.

For example: Alex Perry and Ian Thorpe

Gen (MarinerMum)

Frank's Foxtel Associates by CEO Ben uuckly Franks friend & Allie

Karl Stef...... no ambassador for me just a shovanist. (however, it's spelt)
Shame we had to rope in Fenech no ambassador either

dibo

Gen (MarinerMum) said:

chauvinist

brantz, stefanovic - does this mean channel 9 are getting interested?

marinermick

dibo said:
Gen (MarinerMum) said:

chauvinist

brantz, stefanovic - does this mean channel 9 are getting interested?

i would not read too much in thes two as both are massive football supporters

swarey

Maybe I've had way too many beers (again) but other than Stephanie, where is the football knowledge coming from??????  One would think (expect) that at least some of these "AMBASSADORS" should be in possession of a decent level of football knowledge....

marinermick

swarey said:
Maybe I've had way too many beers (again) but other than Stephanie, where is the football knowledge coming from??????  One would think (expect) that at least some of these "AMBASSADORS" should be in possession of a decent level of football knowledge....

big assumption saying that they don't have a decent level of football knowledge especially when people like george negus was on the soccer australia board and la paglia played national league

Paolo

why have fenech and thorpe as ambassadors when we could have people who actually played the sport as ambassadors

Gen (MarinerMum)

Thanks for the spell check dibo.

I do have to say though, channel nine does push football more on the morning shows than does seven or ten.  Channel seven heavily AFL because of their slant.  I emailed them a number of times about putting more football on but makes no difference.

scottmac

Suspended
Jesus said:
Where are steve waugh and andrew johns. Both huge names in aussie sport who are fans of the game

This point IMO is an oversight by FFA. Waugh would have been the perfect ambasador, and Johns the chance to steal the halfback of the century for our sport.

adz

Staff member
keensy said:
why have fenech and thorpe as ambassadors when we could have people who actually played the sport as ambassadors

I think the idea is to get "celebs" that people who don't know who footballers are will still know? They can spread the word about how good football is?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred