• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fan Comments Required

Ozhammer

Just letting CCM fans know that the Official Supporters Club has been invited to attend a fan forum discussion in Sydney on Tuesday on behalf of the club. This is part of the FIFA/AFC delegation programme to meet with various stakeholders to discuss the current and future form of governance of football in Australia.

Whilst the agenda for this meeting has yet to be advised, together with how/whether attendees will be given the opportunity to raise issues, it would be useful if folks could post any specific fan-related issues on this thread, so that these can be appropriately compiled. Please bear in mind that any topics for this discussion do need to be confined to the FFA’s current methods of governance and how this needs to change in the future.

Following on from the FIFA/AFC discussion, the OSC will meet with Shaun and MIke Charlesworth to provide feedback on that meeting and it is intended to also use this opportunity to raise specific club-related fan concerns. Whilst the majority of these have been well-discussed on this forum over the course of this and previous seasons, please feel free to raise any issues in this thread that you believe to be high priority, in order to ensure that that these do not get overlooked. It would also be helpful if folks could provide suggested solutions to those issues where possible, in order to maximise the benefit of this discussion.

Let the discussion commence.....

Big Al

Cost of away games for members
And schedule of nsw games.

I won’t attend away games due to price only.

The FFA have moved games to poor time slots to stop the active fans. WSW basically, but has killed the attendance and atmosphere.

Ancient Mariner

Ok just a couple to start with off the top of my head.

1) Get rid of the VAR. Any advantages it may confer have been outweighed by the disadvantages. Refs make mistakes, it is part of the game. A 2cm offside decision is not worth the stoppage time and the camera is not always in line anyway.
It is part of the tv starting to rule the game. Which leads to my next point;

2) I am sick and tired of waiting for the tv to give the go ahead to restart after goals. It is just time wasted so the boofheads in the studio can analyse over countless replays of who was brilliant and who stuffed up. The tv is the tail starting to wag the dog.

It is the same with programming the fixtures. They are not programmed with attending fans in mind they are programmed to suit the tv.

3) Get rid of the FFA and put people in charge who understand football (I know careful for what you wish for). It is a tribal game, it is a sport. It is not meant to be just entertainment for the mindless masses at centres of maximum population. Let Gogglebox, AFLX, BBL and MKR take care of that. Football for football's sake.

4) Teach the kids techniques, don't train them in curriculum formations. Managers can do that with teams when the players learn ball control.

VicMariner

3) Get rid of the FFA and put people in charge who understand football (I know careful for what you wish for). It is a tribal game, it is a sport. It is not meant to be just entertainment for the mindless masses at centres of maximum population. Let Gogglebox, AFLX, BBL and MKR take care of that. Football for football's sake.
^ This 100%.
No more franchise, American style, corporate metric driven garbage.
Simple football is more than enough.

Big Al

. this is actually a brilliant way to look at things ... it doesn't have to be a full-on reciprocal agreement like with the jets
I’ve been banging on about it for a while.
Just makes membership even more value which benefits our club as more will want that value

Timmah

1) Get rid of the VAR. Any advantages it may confer have been outweighed by the disadvantages. Refs make mistakes, it is part of the game. A 2cm offside decision is not worth the stoppage time and the camera is not always in line anyway.
It is part of the tv starting to rule the game. Which leads to my next point;
Isn't it only a trial? Which ends in a couple of weeks if I recall anyway. It won't see out the season.

Ancient Mariner

Isn't it only a trial? Which ends in a couple of weeks if I recall anyway. It won't see out the season.

The Fox commentators appear to love it and you can bet that the betting agencies have been big pushers for it. Although it is only a trial if it is seen as successful it will be adopted permanently.
If the only comments FIFA gets are from those pushing for it, it will happen.

VicMariner

I would bet it is here to stay.
Some fans seem to like it or think it is a good idea and the FFA gets to make sponsorship money off it.That alone is reason enough for the FFA to keep it.
All part of the long, sad Americanization of football.

Big Al

It’s only a trial is BS. Its a trial in the sense FIFA want it and will adjust how it’s used. It’s actual use is here to stay imo

Timmah

Surely rather than allowing it to continue after the trial period ends they *should* do due diligence by removing it, assessing the d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ system and then properly implementing it next season?

Ancient Mariner

Surely rather than allowing it to continue after the trial period ends they *should* do due diligence by removing it, assessing the d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ system and then properly implementing it next season?
QED
That is why I am suggesting put it on the agenda for this meeting.

Big Al

Should but won’t

Ozhammer

Thanks to those that have taken the time to provide their thoughts, which have been duly added to the list of topics.

Let’s just hope that we are allowed the opportunity to air the issues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred