• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FA Cup - Semi and Final

J

jiggles

I can't believe serious didn't do this earlier :p

Chelsea won last night to villa, 3-0.
We're off to the finals.

Am hoping for a spurs win (rare I'll say that...) so we can thrash them in the final. Bring on May 15.

serious14

poko said:
I can't believe serious didn't do this earlier :p

Not taking the piss, but I genuinely forgot.  I flipped on ITV at about the 50th minute this afternoon and went "shit, that's right".

Villa were desperately poor in the second half.  Same problem as last season - their squad just isn't big enough.  Chelsea were their usual clinical selves.  Can't give them an inch.

+1 to what Poko said re: a Chelsea/Spurz final - would be the better game.

Sym

Villa were dominating us the first 20.
came back into it nicely

a nice place to watch the final ?

serious14

Roflham Lolspurz.

Never fail to disappoint.... 2-0 to Pompey.

P.S.  For what it's worth, Avram Grant isn't really that shit of a manager - I've no idea why Chelsea ever got rid of him.

serious14

Nup.

Didn't apply for a UEFA License 'cause of all their administration bollocks.  Because Chelsea are a finalist the Europa spot will now go to 7th in the League.

FFC Mariner

7th you say..........

We might be arsed in our last few games if thats the case.

Apparently, stupid bonus's in Pompey players contracts were triggered when they made it into Europe for winning the cup a few years ago. They never thought it likely so wrote them in.

Large contribution to the financial rot by all accounts.

Whilst the Chavs will win easily, might chuck a lay 10 on Pompey just for the fun of it. Must be fantastic odds

J

jiggles

Chelsea v Pompey final.

Carn Chels.

Am predicting a 3-1 win. For Chelsea, clearly.

FFC Mariner

Some post match quotes from Avram Grant. I love this guy, he just loves the game

"To be in the final because of what's happened is a good lesson to everybody not to take the easy solution. The easy solution is to give up," stated Grant.

"We have lived day by day. Despite this we're in the final. It is a crazy day."

"This achievement belongs to the fans and the players. The players did not give up and these fans show how fans need to be."

"This is a great achievement after what has happened," added Grant.

FOOTBALL BLOG
Portsmouth's plight has found an ideal home in the FA Cup this season. The competition welcomes underdogs, downtrodden, the troubled and unlikely heroes, giving them all a fighting chance

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty

"One day I came and all my staff said to me next week there is no club. We could write a book about the many things against us this season.

"I cannot even describe what I feel. This achievement is more than football - to be in the final, it's unbelievable."

J

jiggles

FFC Mariner said:
U reckon Pompey will score?

I love a good under dog story, I'd be rooting for them to win if they weren't playing my team. I want them to at least get one goal...you know, so we can shatter their dreams when they think they're in with a chance etc.

serious14

hasbeen said:
Chel$ki can always blame the pitch when they lose ...

For once it wouldn't be them whinging - that pitch, considering where it is and how much it has cost, is nothing short of a joke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb