• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

F3 CLOSED

brett

All lanes both ways at Hornsby are closed due a truck smash and diesel spill.

It's days like today that justify travelling north for CCM matches 12 times a year to avoid commuting to Sydney for work.

northernspirit

i heard it on the radio was at hornsby at the time, left immediately and working from home now... thank god for that, i bet its mayhem there now!

serious14

brett said:
It's days like today that justify travelling north for CCM matches 12 times a year to avoid commuting to Sydney for work.

*compares the rent in Gosford to the rent in Newtown*

Nah.  :p

Gopher of Pern

* wonders if the petrol price to get to work from gosford compared to newtown overrides the rent*

Anyway, i got the best of both worlds: Live and work on the coast! YAY!

Last i heard on the radio, lanes were open southbound, but moving slowly, lanes northbound will be open at 5.

brett

Gopher of Pern said:
* wonders if the petrol price to get to work from gosford compared to newtown overrides the rent*

Nearly, but the quality of nightlife in Newtown compared to Gosford overrides any remaining difference. ;)

northernspirit said:
i heard it on the radio was at hornsby at the time, left immediately and working from home now... thank god for that, i bet its mayhem there now!

Very slick move mate!

Alicia

The accident happened around 2.30 / 3pm. 

3 lanes closed northbound between Wahroonga and Hawkesbury river bridge due to a fuel spill. Motorists are advised to delay their journey.

2 lanes closed southbound near Jerusalem bay track due to a car accident. 

T

Just checked the RTA cameras, I've never seen the F3 that empty North bound!!
Makes me glad I stay down here during the week!!

Alicia

Well i've just heard Pennant Hills road is choked from Carlingford to the M2.

A guy I work with lives in San Remo and has gone from Huntingwood to sunnyholt road then parklea / kellyville through to hornsby then is going home via wisemans ferry.

Sigh

marinermick

T said:
Just checked the RTA cameras, I've never seen the F3 that empty North bound!!
Makes me glad I stay down here during the week!!

when they had the big fires i was one of the first cars out going northbound while southbound was still shut

i soon became the front car so i was on the freeway with no cars in front of me and no cars coming southbound in the other direction

it was quite surreal

northernspirit

would be surreal hey...

i wonder what happened to opening lanes in the opposite direction, im sure the RTA said thatd happen in the event of such an event

~Floss~

Greenpoleffc said:
f**king 3.5 hours from CBD to Lisarow.

Any urban terrorist cells recruiting???????

Spewing. I was driving in work time and it only took 2:15 from Redfern to Gosford. 3.5hrs  would have suited me better

Atomic

Greenpoleffc said:

Hey Adz... are the ASIO agents that are now monitoring the forum counted in the forum stats???  ;)  ;D

Jesus

Jesus
The rta have not sdaid they will open the opposite side, they said they will look into how best to do it. It will happen in the future i guess.

A 2nd freeway would be absurd. Once the frieight line in completed, they should force the trucks off the freeway. Then most of these major delays dissapear. As well as much less wear and tear on the road.

Prefer a 2nd high speed train line to a second freeway. They might even need the high speed train line sydney to newcastle if they want to play world cup games up in scumcastle.

hasbeen

Jesus said:
Prefer a 2nd high speed train line to a second freeway. They might even need the high speed train line sydney to newcastle if they want to play world cup games up in scumcastle.

I didn't know we'd tendered for the 2026 World Cup ? ......

P

Pete

Greenpoleffc said:

Yesterday took me 2.5 hours to get home to Wyong, I left work at 1.45 just in time to catch the Freeway closed at Wahroonga.

I got the dreaded low fuel light when I got back onto the F3, in no-mans land, between Mt. White and Kariong turnoff.

Made it to Shell Kariong, who then said they had no 95 or 98 fuel (which my car prefers), but could I be interested in E10? NO!!! (sorry Bec behind the counter, if you are on this Forum, but I was stressed, OK?)

Made it into West Gosford, with the car burping a couple of times as I got into the Service Station.

Aaah the joys of living on the Coast.

Bugger putting high speed train lines etc.  - have the NSW Govt. relocate some of the Sydney Buses fleet to a depot on the CC, and I can guarantee the place fully staffed in a minute!

P.S. Mods. You may as well make this a sticky thread as sooner or later the F3 will close again....... :p ::)

FFC Mariner

Apparently the RTA will take 18 months to develop the plans to use the alternate side of the freeway if there is another closure.

18 months FFS - man, truck, witches hats.

Not too hard even for them surely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred