Expansion thread

Waspish

Canberra revealing details for a bid this afternoon. Unsure if that includes buying the Mariners.
Hearing plenty of talk that proposing to buy the CCM licence is on the cards...but reading between the lines I don't think they are looking to put up the money required.

In reality what I'm 'hearing' is little more that heresay at the moment so can't read anything into it

RECKY

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I went to watch the Cosmos play a few times down at Bruce ...the crowds were terrible all 4 times , were did they suddenly get a rabid fan base from

FFC Mariner

I wouldnt rule out some sort of JV where they buy a % in return for a name and some games in Canberra. That will kill them on the CC and the Canberra football community wont like it but when did Charlesworth ever make the right call?

Waspish

So no real news other then they're ready to go with either a new licence or buying the Mariners as plan b

jacobclear

The Canberra bid hopes it can be part of the A-League in the next 18 months.

The Canberra bid's main points include:

1. Obtaining a licence for a Canberra-based team in the A-League from 2021/22
  2. If not, then a Canberra-based team taking over the A-League licence of Central Coast Mariners
  3. Respected youth coach Ron Smith to unearth the Canberra bid's future A-League stars
  4. 8000 foundation members for the Canberra bid
Source - FTBL

Insertnamehere

Did anyone else read that the owners of PSG were the money behind Canberra and that the FFA asked them if they wanted to invest in another team instead, in front of the Canberra bid board?

Asshats, the FFA. Gallop was always the wrong option and he's possibly cost a massive investor.

turbo

Did anyone else read that the owners of PSG were the money behind Canberra and that the FFA asked them if they wanted to invest in another team instead, in front of the Canberra bid board?

Asshats, the FFA. Gallop was always the wrong option and he's possibly cost a massive investor.
Disgraceful isn’t it. Could you imagine Canberra coming in hot with oil money behind them? That would be something.